IL2 User Manual

Bearcat

too-cool
On 6/17/2021 at 5:42 AM, Na-zdorovie said:

ok, must admit i dont get this, i love to have a manual ............sort of, usually download them just to find 1 0r 2 things i cant figure out, but mostly just look on the forum or do a google(well duck duck :)) or pootube, its not that hard to figure out, start in air no need to taxi, or just keep trying, you will get better for it, please give the guys a break they do have more than 1 thing to do, i know what its like its not easy.

and on that note, if there is anything i can do to help plese pm me, totally free :) for the love of it

I for one one don't want to start in the air and while the Forum is great for getting help, you have to be on line to do that, I may just may prefer to read the manual while setting in my easy chair. Also why would not have a up to-date manual for these realistic sim to begin which. Jason posted in February manuals were being worked on but nothing posted since or did I miss something? More than a year going back just to 2020 and nothing. TC

1 hour ago, too-cool said:

I for one one don't want to start in the air and while the Forum is great for getting help, you have to be on line to do that, I may just may prefer to read the manual while setting in my easy chair. Also why would not have a up to-date manual for these realistic sim to begin which. Jason posted in February manuals were being worked on but nothing posted since or did I miss something? More than a year going back just to 2020 and nothing.

Also there are thousands of forum users and I would bet thousands of ways of doing things, Question, what does the program creators have to offer for performing a particular task the correct way, after all this is a semi realistic sim or again I'm I missing something?  TC

• Like 2

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

I'm sorry guys, my work on the manuals has stalled. I hope to have some of them ready this summer. Lots of distractions last few months. I don't have a full time staff to help me do these sorts of things. Those that do help me on such things do a good job, but sometimes I have to do them myself to get the result I'm after and in end up juggling too many things.

If you are having difficulty with Tank Crew controls I highly suggest you check out the Station Notes. Press ESC key and click on Station Notes. The controls and how to do things is spelled out there. Any manual for TC will include this information that's already in the game.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

If you guys are having a hard time with the vehicles come play on Finnish Virtual pilots. Folks are eager (usually) to help you there. 

Wuerger
On 6/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, Na-zdorovie said:

please give the guys a break they do have more than 1 thing to do

You have to deliver a good manual with the RELEASE DATE of a sim, not 3 years later!

A detailed flight sim is a complex thing and I don't want to read hundreds of hours in different forums to find out in the end that my question is not dealt with anywhere. F. ex. the different view settings. It's very time consuming to change one setting, enter the game, trying to find out what has changed etc. It's simply going on my nerves. Especially to see that programming power is there for constantly producing new content they can make money with.

Sorry to say, but seems to be a typical russian thinking to spend thousands of hours (!) programming a detailed flight sim which only the programmers can handle perfectly as they are the only to be familiar with every detail. Want to now how others handle the topic MANUAL in a flight sim, take a look here.😠

DCS User Manual (digitalcombatsimulator.com)
👍👍👍  

Or look here

DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Flughandbuch (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 3

Na-zdorovie

lol, you quote the DCS manual, which is all out of date anyway and never updated to latest version for all planes, charley owl does most.

i do see your point/opinion, but for me its just not that hard, easy to look in settings to find out what you need.

also this isnt as complicated as DCS, after being a DCS user for many years i still prefer this sim.

but i guess we all learn diff ways, so please ask if ya need for stuff, many here are more than welcome to help :)

Strange folk have been seen around the area.

Halflings reported travelling to Mordor to retrieve and very, very, very rare tome (manual) covering the legendary IlandraLand2 mystic manual. But this could all be fanciful tavern talk. When was the last time you saw any Halflings? There are rumors about some Wizard too. More tall tails.

Still, I plan to check into the local pubs every once in a while for possible updates.  😐

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 2

DragonDaddy

Although it would be nice to have a regularly updated manual, my knickers won’t get twisted without one. 

audentity
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 8:15 PM, Wuerger said:

You have to deliver a good manual with the RELEASE DATE of a sim, not 3 years later!

3 years? BoS was released in 2013 which is almost 8 years without standard documentation.

I recently bought Shadow Empire which is a complex game made by basically one person. That one guy was able to create a great, insightful manual with 365 pages (!). The manual was ready at the day of release.

DCS has ok manuals but just look how great documentation for Falcon BMS is...and those people do that for free!

My mind cannot understand why Il2 publishers doesn't want to reach to new players (aka consumers)? No manuals, no tutorials, no public tournaments, no game-related news except dev blogs...what a waste of potential of this great product! 

Edited by audentity
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
too-cool
On 6/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, Jason_Williams said:

I'm sorry guys, my work on the manuals has stalled. I hope to have some of them ready this summer. Lots of distractions last few months. I don't have a full time staff to help me do these sorts of things. Those that do help me on such things do a good job, but sometimes I have to do them myself to get the result I'm after and in end up juggling too many things.

If you are having difficulty with Tank Crew controls I highly suggest you check out the Station Notes. Press ESC key and click on Station Notes. The controls and how to do things is spelled out there. Any manual for TC will include this information that's already in the game.

Jason

Any update on the progress of the manual(s)? Thanks TC

• 3 weeks later...
too-cool
On 7/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, too-cool said:

Any update on the progress of the manual(s)? Thanks TC

Update please.  TC

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, too-cool said:

Update please.  TC

If you don't have the manuals at lease give us and update on were you are with the manuals at this time. I have both FC1&2 but can't fly all of the planes because I can't figure out how too stare them. This is exactly why there should be manuals includes with the sale of your products. Please provide a update....TC

6 hours ago, too-cool said:

I have both FC1&2 but can't fly all of the planes because I can't figure out how too stare them.

Mixture to full and the press the E key.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

It would easy just to say, "we are not going to provide manuals for our products" stop putting off Honestly replying to the QUESTION. When will manuals be available to your paying clients? That shouldn't be hard to answer.  Too-Cool