41 minutes ago, ZeBest-GunnyHighway said:

Is there a TANK manual???

No.

• Thanks 1

Guys,

The manual is right here. Been there for quite a while.

I don't have time to update that manual right now. Once some more things are implemented later this year I'll bring it up to current.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Jason, it's been about five months since your last posting concerning updating the manual. With BODENPLATTE about to be released in the near future, is there any chance the manual will be updated to coincide with the release or shortly thereafter?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, Deacon352nd said:

Jason, it's been about five months since your last posting concerning updating the manual. With BODENPLATTE about to be released in the near future, is there any chance the manual will be updated to coincide with the release or shortly thereafter?

+1

On 4/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

The manual is right here. Been there for quite a while.

I don't have time to update that manual right now. Once some more things are implemented later this year I'll bring it up to current.

Jason

That link is not working, here is the correctly link below. However, I downloaded it (again), it's from 2015 and is completely outdated, I almost don't even recognize the game, so I'm not sure it's necessary.

Since then I have to guess how it should work, which is really not great... :( 

It's fortunate some people in the community publish videos and alternate documentation, but I hope there is a real intention to update the official one at some point.

• Like 2

+1

I have contributed monetarily to this project quite a bit (with much protest from my wife... I am not sure how she is still with me after all the IL-2 years...).  It would be great to have a comprehensive PDF for this wonderful series, as well as a technical manual for setting up VR... the help from the community is great and all, but I feel that we could use a real technical writer written PDF to complement all this.  Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey,

I just created an account to get information about how I can fly! :) The links doesn't work. Is there a manual in the installation files? Where can I find infos?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Feldmarschall_ said:

Hey,

I just created an account to get information about how I can fly! :) The links doesn't work. Is there a manual in the installation files? Where can I find infos?

Thank you

You can get the manual here. More information is available here.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:03 AM, UberDemon said:

+1

I have contributed monetarily to this project quite a bit (with much protest from my wife... I am not sure how she is still with me after all the IL-2 years...).  It would be great to have a comprehensive PDF for this wonderful series, as well as a technical manual for setting up VR... the help from the community is great and all, but I feel that we could use a real technical writer written PDF to complement all this.  Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion.

+1

It is a real pity that programmers obviously spent thousands of hours for years to develop a detailed sim and in 2020 we still don't habe a manual which explains ALL  settings (f. ex. all view settings). Hm:" No time for this". I find it frustrating to just do try and error and still don't know what this or that setting is useful for. Reason why I personally don't buy any upgrades. To create a sim also means to explain to the customer every single item in the settings menu. Otherwise it is a sim for the programmers. "No time" translated means I don't feel like writing a detailed manual.      

An updated manual is underway. Two people are working in it. Yes, I don’t have time to write the entire manual myself and manage all aspects of this project. I am the only native speaker on this team. Makes many so called ‘simple’ things more difficult. Plus our product keeps evolving so manuals can become obsolete. I have to contract out to others who have strong knowledge of ALL of the details of our product. Not so easy to find and they have their own schedules.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

An updated manual is underway. Two people are working in it. Yes, I don’t have time to write the entire manual myself and manage all aspects of this project. I am the only native speaker on this team. Makes many so called ‘simple’ things more difficult. Plus our product keeps evolving so manuals can become obsolete. I have to contract out to others who have strong knowledge of ALL of the details of our product. Not so easy to find and they have their own schedules.

Jason

:good:

Awesome news thanks!

On 1/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Great news. Really looking forward to it.👍

Good to have a manual but who in their right mind produces a PDF manual to be read online with two columns FFS!!!!!

Read down left column, scroll up, read down right column. Rinse and repeat.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, MidnightLightnin said:

Good to have a manual but who in their right mind produces a PDF manual to be read online with two columns FFS!!!!!

Read down left column, scroll up, read down right column. Rinse and repeat.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The PDF manual is in landscape mode, two columns. In Acrobat reader, at 100%, you read down the left column, and then down the right column. Then you scroll to the next page. Are you seeing something different?

Edited by JimTM

15 hours ago, JimTM said:

The PDF manual is in landscape mode, two columns. In Acrobat reader, at 100%, you read down the left column, and then down the right column. Then you scroll to the next page. Are you seeing something different?

I'm reading it on a laptop and it shows portrait which I may be able to change, however the print is so small I cant read it without zooming in which means a single page doesn't fit on the screen so you have to scroll up and down all the time. I've tried to read the manual several times but just give up each time because its so difficult.

On a similar subject it would be good if there could be some on screen help on the Key Mapping pages in Settings to show what each item is - some are obvious, some not and hover buttons would be really useful.

As a raw beginner eager to learn it would be good to have some official tutorial video's. I know there is lots of stuff on You Tube but its a real mixed bag and often gives conflicting information - its a nightmare trying to learn as a beginner.

1 hour ago, MidnightLightnin said:

I'm reading it on a laptop and it shows portrait which I may be able to change, however the print is so small I cant read it without zooming in which means a single page doesn't fit on the screen so you have to scroll up and down all the time. I've tried to read the manual several times but just give up each time because its so difficult.

You could try some of the options in the Adobe Reader View menu and see if that helps. For instance, Page Display, Zoom, Read Mode, and Full Screen Mode.

Re. zooming in to read the text, you could right click on the text and choose Hand Tool, which allows you to click and drag the page around to view different parts of it rather than scrolling.

1 hour ago, MidnightLightnin said:

On a similar subject it would be good if there could be some on screen help on the Key Mapping pages in Settings to show what each item is - some are obvious, some not and hover buttons would be really useful.

See user manual about keybindings, which includes several posts describing each keybind. There are also other posts re. keybinds under "Game Guides" in the IL-2 Resources post.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I cant get the manual readable on my 17" laptop - its high definition and makes print small at the best of times and if I make it large enough to read I have to scroll up and down columns even in full page mode. It would be fine if it was single column portrait so I could just scroll down.

The key binding posts are just what I was looking for and will take a closed look. Spent all today trying to get TrackIR and Padlock to work together but cant work it out. I use TIR to look around but when I hit my Padlock key the reticule is always off center or even missing. Maybe I can work it out from the keybindings info.

I'm finding it a frustrating learning curve atm but thanks again for the info, will get there eventually.