Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Hauksbee said:

and the P-38.

Was wondering about Jason's comments on the difficulty of doing Japanese aircraft for a Pacific Theatre of the BOX series.  IL-2 1946 had plenty of Japanese planes, so why couldn't new planes simply be  modeled on those?

 

Because outside of options/gameplay, 1946 had a turd of a FM. It'd be like trying to write an orchestral masterpiece while limiting yourself to two or three notes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hauksbee said:

and the P-38.

Was wondering about Jason's comments on the difficulty of doing Japanese aircraft for a Pacific Theatre of the BOX series.  IL-2 1946 had plenty of Japanese planes, so why couldn't new planes simply be  modeled on those?

 

I think I saw a comment some time ago, may be due to how accurate 1CGS would want to model these aircraft, I think the PF team may have taken some liberties in that department.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dburne said:

 

I think I saw a comment some time ago, may be due to how accurate 1CGS would want to model these aircraft, I think the PF team may have taken some liberties in that department.

 

For creating accurate models of the Japanese planes the Dev team needs copies of original blueprints. Which are very hard to get. If not impossible.

They also need someone who can read and translate these Japanese documents fluently.

And last but not least aviation musea are not cooperative in welcoming flight sim developers to enter their WWII machines for making detailed pictures and measuring each and every part of the plane.

Unless you pay them a considerable amount of money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

 

For creating accurate models of the Japanese planes the Dev team needs copies of original blueprints. Which are very hard to get. If not impossible.

They also need someone who can read and translate these Japanese documents fluently.

And last but not least aviation musea are not cooperative in welcoming flight sim developers to enter their WWII machines for making detailed pictures and measuring each and every part of the plane.

Unless you pay them a considerable amount of money.

 

How about trying to make a deal with Hasegawa, Tamjya or even Trumpeter. They certainly have excellent source material regarding japanese planes and cockpit as all of my 1:32 models proof. Both genres could benefit from a cooperation anyway. Getting accurate Data for the FMs is another thing however...

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

 

For creating accurate models of the Japanese planes the Dev team needs copies of original blueprints. Which are very hard to get. If not impossible.

They also need someone who can read and translate these Japanese documents fluently.

And last but not least aviation musea are not cooperative in welcoming flight sim developers to enter their WWII machines for making detailed pictures and measuring each and every part of the plane.

Unless you pay them a considerable amount of money.

 

 

That sounds like a nightmare.  But it would be a world first.  I hope they can do it after BoBP.

 

I would think that most original blueprints were destroyed before the occupation of Japan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

And last but not least aviation musea are not cooperative in welcoming flight sim developers to enter their WWII machines for making detailed pictures and measuring each and every part of the plane.

Unless you pay them a considerable amount of money.

 

that's the problem with the mindset of the museum curators in general. They don't understand how the world works and how to advertise their 'product', they think people will flock to old stuff without any kind of creative incentive.

 

Take the Mc202 in Il2 for example. I walked by it numerous times in the Washington DC air&space museum, didn't even glance at it once, didn't even acknowledge its existence. But after discovering it in IL2, flying it, fighting in it, suddenly I find myself returning to the museum just take a better look at it over and over again, learn as much as possible about it, etc..  Without it being in Il2 i'd never ever ever even consider discovering it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moosya said:

Take the Mc202 in Il2 for example. I walked by it numerous times in the Washington DC air&space museum, didn't even glance at it once, didn't even acknowledge its existence. But after discovering it in IL2, flying it, fighting in it, suddenly I find myself returning to the museum just take a better look at it over and over again, learn as much as possible about it, etc..  Without it being in Il2 i'd never ever ever even consider discovering it.

I did exactly the same! I've been to that museum a million times, but that plane never meant anything to me until BoM. Now we have a kind of special connection, and I was able to bore my friend with many facts about it last time we visited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, engrish_major said:

I did exactly the same! I've been to that museum a million times, but that plane never meant anything to me until BoM. Now we have a kind of special connection, and I was able to bore my friend with many facts about it last time we visited.

right on.. and you're in wheaton! :) I'm in Reston. Cheers, matey! We should fly in a coop sometime! Or even, dare I say it, venture in to the a World of Hurt aka WOL. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, moosya said:

right on.. and you're in wheaton! :) I'm in Reston. Cheers, matey! We should fly in a coop sometime! Or even, dare I say it, venture in to the a World of Hurt aka WOL. :D

Cool! I tried online once and got shot down immedately. I'm pretty much a single-player guy, and don't have a head set anyway. I think I'm getting better though... I have been doing this for about five years :wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

My clouds look like [edited] everything ultra here @120 fps 

 

Well, with a GTX 1070 I suppose you can play the game smoothly with everything maxed out. And with good clouds too.

The screenshots I posted above where made with my GTX 760. Settings High and Clouds Quality to High.

 

And 120 fps? I can only dream of that.

I reach at best 50 fps on Kuban.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KG_S_MrFies said:

wow. 2weeks and no DD  :(

Wow....9 days ago you got the biggest update up to now. The week before that you got word from Han than RC was been tested (2 weeks=14 natural days).

 

Seriously, get your things right and show some respect. Its the second time I tell you, and there will be no next time.

 

Haash

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, Space_Ghost said:

 

Because outside of options/gameplay, 1946 had a turd of a FM. It'd be like trying to write an orchestral masterpiece while limiting yourself to two or three notes.

Well, happily I missed the FM. But I took Jason's comments to mean that there is a dearth of information about, for instance, instrument panels. Or did I misunderstand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hauksbee said:

Well, happily I missed the FM. But I took Jason's comments to mean that there is a dearth of information about, for instance, instrument panels. Or did I misunderstand?

 

You understand it correctly.

Read here what Jason himself has to say about IL2:1946/PTO/Lack of information/BOS standards/Accuracy:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32257-my-comments-on-the-delay-of-pto-development/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-533797

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HandyNasty said:

Thursday is already 3/4 done and no-one has posted his speculations for tomorrow's potential DD? I am utterly amazed ... it seems 3.001 was so big, it killed this thread. RIP wild speculations and embarrassing confessions of secret hopes.

 

 

 

Things will be exploding in here once again soon. Five new aircraft, new game modes, and a few hundred fixes and new feature additions has got everyone busy! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HandyNasty said:

Thursday is already 3/4 done and no-one has posted his speculations for tomorrow's potential DD? I am utterly amazed ... it seems 3.001 was so big, it killed this thread. RIP wild speculations and embarrassing confessions of secret hopes.

 

 

 

Nothing can kill this thread. I'm hoping for updates on 3rd party development of the Lerche...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose we'll not be hearing somerhing before next week or even the week after that, maybe a little hotfix next week on some issues.

 

After such a release I'd think quite some people would take vacation and the team takes it slow before going full steam on any further developments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HandyNasty said:

Thursday is already 3/4 done and no-one has posted his speculations for tomorrow's potential DD? I am utterly amazed ... it seems 3.001 was so big, it killed this thread. RIP wild speculations and embarrassing confessions of secret hopes.

 

 

Because it's too late for a DD today.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy the easter weekend boys and girls! The devs deserve some rest. I guess they will be back with a bang and nice stuff to marvel about in april. Get some career flydays in and purge those fashist aggressors from the skies of the motherland :biggrin: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

After such a release I'd think quite some people would take vacation and the team takes it slow before going full steam on any further developments.

 

They absolutely deserve it, but release day is not a good day to go on vacation. That would give me nightmares as a product manager! Maybe what they did was wait a couple of days, then noticed things were holding well enough, and took a break. That, or they are working like crazy and avoiding releases to spend more time on fixes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sniperton said:

Two weeks have passed since the release, just enough time for the first hotfix IMO.

 

I was actually thinking that with such a complex release that we'd see a patch come within the day to fix some issue or another that was absolutely critical. Turns out there were none. A few glitches for some of us but we've sorted that out well enough for now. Impressive given the size and scale of the 3.001 patch.

 

I'm sure the team is taking a bit of a breather (well deserved) and once they are ready they will start to unveil some new content on a semi-weekly basis. It's probably a lot of behind the scenes work and research that doesn't lend itself to a really interesting developer update but is needed to be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

It's too late for a DD today anyway. Already most of the day is gone. 

Where the [edited] do you live?^^

It's the [edited] early morning for me. :)

Cmon Jason or anyone give us some [edited] news of Bodenplatte.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The next DD with news about the IL2GBS future expansions will be epic. Really looking forward to this one ....

But without a hotfix yet ... I guess we'll gotta wait a bit for new stuff to start rolling again.

Edited by PA_Spartan-
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...