3 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

But the 2.012 topic is still pinned up?

They look to be typing up the patch notes. 3.001 is listed at the bottom of the first post in the game updates thread.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, Oubaas said:

Using mathematical principles in the tradition of John Von Neumann's explanation of Quantum Mechanics, together with the latest techniques in statistical analysis, and the explanations of human consciousness offered by Edward F. Kelly, et al, I have compiled all available data on the subject of the pending release and I'm able to project, with a high degree of confidence, that the release will take place on 16 March 2018. Accounting for standard deviation, adjusted to the historical patterns of previous releases, it could be 14 March 2018, but 16 March 2018 best fits the data.

On top of that, I looked at the sludge at the bottom of my empty coffee cup this morning, and the patterns in the residual grounds agreed with the analytical results that I delineated above.

So there you have it. March 16th. :tease:

Back on 19 February I mentioned 14 March as a possible release date. I should have ignored the Von Neumann mathematics results and stuck with the sludge at the bottom of my coffee cup. You can't argue with the future shown in residual coffee grounds. The grounds said 14 March and here we are. The mathematical projection was off by two days.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't want to be an entitled sounding d*** but I'm dying for some news from the contractor.

Please tell us that the Po-2 or Li-2 are still a reality!

I guess we'll have some news of Bodenplatte now that Kuban is out the door ^^

Edit: I've hear of some maps being worked on too like Odessa, any news on that or were they like community projects later abandonned?

I'm already happy with the extra Velikie Luki but I think more is better. xD

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

Let them have this Friday off :) They’ve earned it.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Absolutely true!

It's not up to me and I'm expecting a little something even if I won't hate them or anything for not doing so. :)

13 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

4140984_700b.jpg.ee153571f4d12048fb570b568cf54f1a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16
  • Upvote 5

just noticed that members viewing thingy is gone.

I'll miss Finkerens updates when dev's are updating threads :)

1 minute ago, =FEW=Herne said:

just noticed that members viewing thingy is gone.

I'll miss Finkerens updates when dev's are updating threads :)

Actually it’s been replaced by something better: A search filter when viewing online users.

Makes stalking the devs easy as pie :)

• Haha 1

I'd hope they all take the next couple of weeks off. Then back to work. I'd like my P-51 by Fall if you don't mind?

I wonder what it will be Friday since we have Kuban released. U-2? Bodenplatte progress? Flying Circus and Tank Battles pre order?

1 hour ago, BorysVorobyov said:

I wonder what it will be Friday since we have Kuban released. U-2? Bodenplatte progress? Flying Circus and Tank Battles pre order?

I don't think we'll see anything for a while since Kuban just released.

I'd love to be wrong though. I wonder if Bodenplatte is still scheduled to hit early access this spring or if it is delayed?

Edited by Legioneod

I'd be interested to see, some initial stats since 3.001.

For example how many careers were started, how many virtual pilots were killed or captured. kind of thing, throw in some co-op figures.

I'd also love to see some news on the PO-2, but i'm not expecting to see anything regarding BoBP or the other upcoming titles for a while.

I'm certainly not expecting anything on Bodenplatte anytime soon.

But yes, news on the PO-2 would be a nice update  :)

Probably an address to bug fixes and performance tweaks.  It was a massive release, these guys sure worked hard getting it to us.

an update on the po-2 would be cool, and it’s addition to career mode would be awesome as night missions!  

Stats would be nice too!  A bit early but I’m sure they are off the charts already...

I’m not too concerned about Bodenplatte at the moment, I feel as though I’ve started a whole new sim and have enough planes to have fun with... 

i would just like to see things stable for everyone first then we can work towards further aircraft projects..

anyone encounter cloud layering yet in any weather??   I’m yet to experience it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

anyone encounter cloud layering yet in any weather??   I’m yet to experience it...

Once in a while I had the luck to fly through the cloud layers. :)

As far as I know it happens at random.

If I knew what triggers the cloud layers I would only select this weather type on each and every map.

Or selecting Overcast for the rain effect.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

Once in a while I had the luck to fly through the cloud layers. :)

As far as I know it happens at random.

If I knew what triggers the cloud layers I would only select this weather type on each and every map.

Or selecting Overcast for the rain effect.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wowzers!!???!! That looks amazing!

What were the conditions you were flying here??

Absolutely stunning clouds! That's why I keep coming back to IL-2 BoX. Nothing beats them. :fly:

47 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Wowzers!!???!! That looks amazing!

What were the conditions you were flying here??

Weather Conditions set to Heave Clouds.

Me and MajorDisturbance discussed it a bit here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3892-post-your-screenshots-vids-here/?page=56&tab=comments#comment-587858

When I copied his settings + time + cloud height I did not get these beautiful clouds.

It must have been a couple of other quick missions later that they popped up to my surprise.  But only once.

Had to bring this thread back to the front page, it's Thursday, not seeing this thread on the front page at this time of week is just . . . unnatural ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Had to bring this thread back to the front page, it's Thursday, not seeing this thread on the front page at this time of week is just . . . unnatural ;)

You beat me to it.. 

Maybe a lil' hotfix for today's DD, then? Some news on the third party projects? Seems early for WIPS of Bodenplatte content.

I have mixed feelings between

a) showing progress on new content

b) showing progress on fixing/debugging/amelioration of the stuff they implemented in 3.001 (the freeze when opening the stats comes to mind amongst others)

I anticipate that if we even do have a dev diary tomorrow, it’s mostly going to be addressing all the amaze and the concerns from 3.001 update...

If about hot fixes in the works, but usually they would just toss those to us any time of the week if it were crucial and they had the fix for it...

I just want to hear from them in a positive manner, and hope they aren’t stumped on bugs we’ve encountered..

I wish nothing but optimalisation of current 3.001 prerelease alpha very unstable not tested and never played before update published sooner than it had to be :D :D

No more content please, no new planes, just fixing current version to bring it to the shiny place where it deserves to be. 

(please read with humour) :)

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

I wish nothing but optimalisation of current 3.001 prerelease alpha very unstable not tested and never played before update published sooner than it had to be :D :D

No more content please, no new planes, just fixing current version to bring it to the shiny place where it deserves to be. 

(please read with humour) :)

Exactly what I thought the last days! More content, new this and that, mods... It drives me nuts! Better fix the things we have and

already paid for. Then, let's see then...

Both things don't exclude each other and while we get new content we also get updates and improvements of problems. People who make 3D models don't fix software bugs. This version was thorougly tested, but you cannot test everything. For most people the update brought many improvements, some systems have problems. Issues have been reported before release but not everything can always be fixed immediately and some things need longer to be fixed. Thats just the way it is with SW.

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Space_Ghost said:

Can [edited] in it?

Lol please tell me this was meant for someone but accidentally posted in the forums

• Haha 2

On 23/3/2018 at 12:19 PM, Space_Ghost said:

Can [edited] in it?

On 23/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, spartan85 said:

Lol please tell me this was meant for someone but accidentally posted in the forums

ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol:

SD

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Well it’s just nice to get home from the night shift full of groggy old mechanics and start of the morning with a bit of humour :) 

thanks Space_Ghost :) 

On 7/24/2015 at 3:10 AM, =EXPEND=DendroAspis said:

Its almost time for the Macchi!

and the P-38.

19 hours ago, 19//Rekt said:

I think the devs have done a pretty good job of fixing problems as well as adding new stuff. Off the top of my head:

Was wondering about Jason's comments on the difficulty of doing Japanese aircraft for a Pacific Theatre of the BOX series.  IL-2 1946 had plenty of Japanese planes, so why couldn't new planes simply be  modeled on those?