Could not some really good mission builder script that functionality into a mission?

2 hours ago, RoteDreizehn said:

>> For me, everything before and after the actual dogfight is filler and dead spot. When I start up my engine, I can't get to the next enemy soon enough and I'm sure not playing "taxi" and "AC >> controller". 

In this case  you should really switch to warthunder. Several times I had Collisions with people who are acting like this. This should end in a ban on the Mulitplayer Server for a day.

In real life you did a misconduct  and can dismissed.

Hope you wont drive a car without traffic rules. Dont want to insult you.

I appreciate your opinion but as I said, after hundreds of hours online, I've only run into one plane on the ground. I'm hardly a liability around any field. I presented my perspective in a respectful manner and was being honest so I'm not sure I understand your response..

As for the Warthunder comment, I suppose I could offer you the same suggestion like why don't you switch to FSX or an Air Traffic controller sim? I would have made that suggestion but it wouldn't be respectful and I know that this great game can accommodate us both ;)

All the best to you :)

• Upvote 3

For a while some mission builders for servers were setting up boundaries and indicators to taxi to the runway. Worked very well, but seems they stopped because they found their efforts were futile since so many still just take off straight from their spawn not caring about runways or other planes.

Some fence objects would be nice, although unrealistic, would prevent the dingleberries taking off straight across whatever direction they want regardless of runway.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Having an Air Marshall able to click on a player who is abusing the ground rules and making them despawn/respawn would be good.  And rather hilarious too.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Having an Air Marshall able to click on a player who is abusing the ground rules and making them despawn/respawn would be good.  And rather hilarious too.  

Well instead of despawn they could “chock block” them.  Lol.  Forcing them to hold.

7 hours ago, 1_Robert_ said:

I respect your opinion and that you are Canadian :) but personally I feel that of all the things the devs should prioritize, this would have to be close to last. After hundreds of hours of online play I've only ran into one other plane while taxiing and that's when I was first starting out. 

I'm not into playing "airport" where I slowly taxi all around the field with my nav lights on and get lined up perfectly with a runway. I am one of those guys ripping across the field in a mad dash to find the next furball. 

For me, everything before and after the actual dogfight is filler and dead spot. When I start up my engine, I can't get to the next enemy soon enough and I'm sure not playing "taxi" and "AC controller". 

This is just meant to be another perspective and I'm sure if will anger some. But for those folk, all I can say is that I'm never running into anyone and if done properly, both the slow taxier and mad dasher can coexist if done carefully. 

Na I get it, my buddy and I just like to keep things close to real as possible in a sim world.  But it’s just frustrating when you are about to line up after wrestling with your rudder and brakes only to be blindsided and having to respawn... 

i like the “temp 3rd person” option like in old il2, for those who have a hard time finding taxiways and those who wish to speed things up a bit... 

it it all comes down to server rules of course... if there is no taxi restrictions then no worries, but if says to use the taxiways then be respectful of those who are.. especially for the big birds that take a few minutes to start up like the ju52, geez.....

i wouldn’t say go play another game if you don’t like the rules of the map, I’d rather keep as many players in our sim as possible, instead, I’d like to figure a compromise so we can all get along!

😁

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, spartan85 said:

Well instead of despawn they could “chock block” them.  Lol.  Forcing them to hold.

Na I get it, my buddy and I just like to keep things close to real as possible in a sim world.  But it’s just frustrating when you are about to line up after wrestling with your rudder and brakes only to be blindsided and having to respawn... 

i like the “temp 3rd person” option like in old il2, for those who have a hard time finding taxiways and those who wish to speed things up a bit... 

it it all comes down to server rules of course... if there is no taxi restrictions then no worries, but if says to use the taxiways then be respectful of those who are.. especially for the big birds that take a few minutes to start up like the ju52, geez.....

i wouldn’t say go play another game if you don’t like the rules of the map, I’d rather keep as many players in our sim as possible, instead, I’d like to figure a compromise so we can all get along!

😁

Good post :)

6 hours ago, FuriousMeow said:

For a while some mission builders for servers were setting up boundaries and indicators to taxi to the runway. Worked very well, but seems they stopped because they found their efforts were futile since so many still just take off straight from their spawn not caring about runways or other planes.

Some fence objects would be nice, although unrealistic, would prevent the dingleberries taking off straight across whatever direction they want regardless of runway.

I used to semi-fix this problem on the original IL-2 multiplayer maps by making sure that there were parked aircraft and trucks, done in a very realistic and tasteful way of course, that were conveniently parked in all of the usual places that people just rammed the throttles forward.

Most of them learned quickly not to do that once that became standard practice on some 45-50 some-odd maps!

• Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Oubaas said:

The "facts" that you can "learn" on the Internet are astounding. Might I suggest that those of you so up-in-arms about the whole FPS discussion take some lessons in ophthalmology and neurology and quit believing the things that you "learn" from your respective countries' military propaganda machine, as well as the advertising copy promulgated by graphics card manufacturers? Although it will upset you as regards the amount that you spent on hardware, you'll understand the situation better the next time that you think about upgrading your PC.

Um... Ok - Well actually I upgrade my computer based on direct input from my eyes and brain.  I don't think I have any connection to a military propaganda machine.  I will have to put on my tin foil hat to protect myself from this apparently secret mind control propaganda - thing...  

Edited by S10jleffert

6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Give it a bit more "flare". Make it a lightning strike.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, szelljr said:

I'll have what he's having.  :cool:

Only eight days to go until March 16th. Are you going to fly the P-39 or the A-20 first?

34 minutes ago, Oubaas said:

Are you going to fly the P-39 or the A-20 first?

My pillow says enough...

Pillow.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oubaas said:

Only eight days to go until March 16th. Are you going to fly the P-39 or the A-20 first?

The new La-5.  :cool:

Straight into the P-39 for me, then the A-20, then the...

27 minutes ago, SCG_wtornado said:

P-39 then the A-20

I'm saving those.

I figure it's going to be a loooong night of flying and I intend on making a kind of movie of it. Going to play with the graphics, see how all the improved maps look and how well they run, and then work through the planes, starting with the La-5, up to the P-39, which I think will be the final flight of the night.

It's gonna be fun! :biggrin:

I honestly have no idea of what to expect of the P-39. I wonder if the unique construction of the plane will make it a very different-feeling flight experience than our existing set. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I've flown the Spit a little in quick missions and enjoy it just as I thought I would. Got a bit of nostalgia from my Cliffs of Dover days. I expect to fly that one a lot going forward.

There is a Sturmovik scripted campaign coming for Kuban, correct? I've never flown that plane, as I tend to favor small fighters. May give it a go if the campaign looks good just for a change.

The IL2 is an easy beast to get along with... I find it pleasant to fly with no vices.

It's a challenge and very satisfying to complete missions and survive... Oh, (when you use a gunner) make sure you give your gunner the correct orders on when to open fire.

On 7.3.2018 at 10:02 PM, 1_Robert_ said:

I appreciate your opinion but as I said, after hundreds of hours online, I've only run into one plane on the ground. I'm hardly a liability around any field. I presented my perspective in a respectful manner and was being honest so I'm not sure I understand your response..

As for the Warthunder comment, I suppose I could offer you the same suggestion like why don't you switch to FSX or an Air Traffic controller sim? I would have made that suggestion but it wouldn't be respectful and I know that this great game can accommodate us both ;)

All the best to you :)

see your point. I already use FSX, prepar3d and xplane with vatsim. But I love to fight so I play Il2 sometimes.  

And its terrible for me if peoples do these strange things at the airfield. 

as spartan85 said: it all comes down to server rules of course..

so your comment "... and I know that this great game can accommodate us both ..." will work which is the best way

I know you are from Canada, so you wont understand what they say. But this is the way as IL2 should be played. With full and correct ATC

The good old times...:)

Have a good time...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

The IL2 is an easy beast to get along with... I find it pleasant to fly with no vices.

It's a challenge and very satisfying to complete missions and survive... Oh, (when you use a gunner) make sure you give your gunner the correct orders on when to open fire.

I’ll second this. As much as I am looking forward to the career mode, I’ll have to give B6’s campaign a try.

Part of what makes the IL-2 so satisfying is its survivability. It is really the only plane, where you can get hit by repeated bursts of AAA or small caliber fire from fighters and still limp home. It’s not that it shrugs off damage, but it copes with it very nicely. Landing your Sturmovik at home base when it looks like a piece of Swiss cheese that has been mauled by a grizzly feels so incredibly rewarding, that it doesn’t even matter if you got the target or not.

• Upvote 2

Dont get your hopes that high. My birthday is 16th but thats the minimum - its better bet to think of 21st - 24th of March as release date.

20th or 21st would’ve my guess, but I’ve guessed wrong about 3.001 so many times now, that my oppinion should probably be ignored.

How many times I have to tell you that Phil said it was going to be very long cold lonely winter? :lol:

20th March

AB7D8672-848C-4F1F-A091-19101A114C64_cx0

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Hmmm you are right. Its a shame. Maybe next weak we can get patch notes. Maybe maybe I will try f5 in the evening just to be sure.

The P39 is a nice plane to fly, not easy but nice. :salute:

I did fly it since the demo of the original IL2 game. Great fun, but a lot of skill needed also.

There being a DD this early on friday is very rare, I don't see how is it too late lol

20 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

My pillow says enough...

Pillow.jpg

Great except, those stars are the wrong colour.  :biggrin:

As for the il2, I love its survivability too.  Nothing like returning to base looking like Swiss Cheese.  The P40 will soak up a lot of punishment too unlike some other fighters out there who drop wings at the sight of a bullet or tails.

Need the patch this weekend, wife comes back next and it would be lovely to have me time with the update.  Maybe I need to be tactful so she stays OS for a bit longer ;)

No DD today guys sorry. I may post some unofficial stuff this weekend.

Jason

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 8

I wouldn't mind some news on the Po-2. The first screenshots looked very promising.

In Russia long weekend now - from 8 till 11 march .We celebrate International Women`s Day.

Sorry for my english:blush:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Vilir said:

In Russia long weekend now - from 8 till 11 march .We celebrate International Women`s Day.

One more reason to show pictures of the Po-2. :)

d9d8edc1730d82adb1e0a657979c4e97.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hard to believe that those ladies gave the German soldiers night terrors!