Well it's too late for a DD today. Maybe next week ;)

There is one you know...

today is the end of Jan, will the update be released today?

I reckon the chance to be between 1-2%

today is the end of Jan, will the update be released today?

Previous DD's said it would be released in the last third of winter. For your own sanity do not expect it to arrive before the end of February, and perhaps better still, end of march. This way you are unlikely to be disappointed, and if I'm wrong, down right pleasantly surprised :)

Previous DD's said it would be released in the last third of winter. For your own sanity do not expect it to arrive before the end of February, and perhaps better still, end of march. This way you are unlikely to be disappointed, and if I'm wrong, down right pleasantly surprised :)

Ever since i'm flying MP campaign with our russian friends i started following both forums and there is a chance we see next update mid February if everything goes well.

Devs are more active there :)

I'm fine if there is no DD's since we are close to update release.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

Ever since i'm flying MP campaign with our russian friends i started following both forums and there is a chance we see next update mid February if everything goes well.

Thanks Ribbon that's good to know, its still a best case scenario though.

Dev's should learn from scotty and multiply expected dev times by a factor of four, so that they can look like miracle workers ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm fine if there is no DD's since we are close to update release.

Two weeks, be sure

(sorry could not resist)

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Upvote 4

Thanks Ribbon that's good to know, its still a best case scenario though.

Dev's should learn from scotty and multiply expected dev times by a factor of four, so that they can look like miracle workers ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SVhg6ZENw

Yes, at best case scenario! (If google translator didn't screw up :o )

I use Scotty's tactic on my job, when pilot ask when the malfunction will be removed i always multiply it by 2 with special note on "if everything goes well".

So it's basically "two weeks" :)

So it's basically "two weeks" :)

"Two weeks" hmmm sounds familiar from somewhere.

If there is a "Bet" thread i would bet on somewhere in the second half of Feb.

And how long till you guys add new aircrafts on Finnish server after 3.001 release?

One thing about it whenever it does come, it is going to be one heck of an incredible update!

• Upvote 4

Didn't know it works that way, thanks again for amazing server.

Well, basically we can count the number of modification & payload combinations in-game, and use those, but it can be a pain in the ass thing to do.

Towards the end of February if all goes well would be my guess.

Well, basically we can count the number of modification & payload combinations in-game, and use those, but it can be a pain in the ass thing to do.

You already done enough, week or two means nothing to wait.

During that period we can learn and master new planes in SP.

S!

So definately no update today? I dont know why but i thought the update would come at the end of january. :(

• Upvote 1

So definately no update today? I dont know why but i thought the update would come at the end of january. :(

Understandable. When announcing the delay back in December, Jason did say, that he personally hoped for a late January release, but he did say, that this was his own personal best-case-scenario, everything-going-according-to-plan guestimate.

Last DD seemed to indicate, that 3.001 is in beta testing now, so it’s really not gonna be long now.

• Upvote 3

Thank you!

I must have confused something or misunderstood. :)

Edited by Ishtaru

Not really. For a while everyone was repeating Jason’s January date, until it began to look unlikely.

• Upvote 1

My game launcher crashed showing "checking data". My fucking hopes are up in space now lol

• Upvote 1

Whether the update comes in one week, two weeks, three weeks or as I'm typing this (one of these is less likely than the others :)) , I'm excited. This was not an optimal time for my joystick to break down and be taken back to store for maintenance... I'd love to be able to fly on launch day, so here's hoping!

I would be so frustrated if the update arrived today. I’m currently working a 24-hour shift, and when I get home in the morning I have two film treatments I need to translate for a production company which are due on Sunday, so I wouldn’t have a single minute to spare to try out the new stuff.

Edited by Finkeren

I would be so frustrated if the update arrived today. I’m currently working a 24-hour shift, and when I get home in the morning I have two film treatments I need to translate for a production company which are due on Sunday, so I wouldn’t have a single minute to spare to try out the new stuff.

I didn't know they could work you so hard in Denmark!  :biggrin:

I think that we will get at least one more DD prior to release; reason? The P-39.

It is a rather unique plane, and the devs tend to expound on the various quirks and idiosyncracies of a particular aircraft prior to said aircraft being released.

With the P-39 comes several unique features; tricycle landing gear, car style door access, 37mm cannon, and we can't forget its infamous spin (tumble?) characteristics. Furthermore, we haven't seen an in-cockpit shot of this plane yet.

The fact that this is perhaps one of the most anticipated planes of the BoK planeset, and I say we'll see a DD dedicated to the P-39 before we get 3.001. 

Edited by hedger72

I didn't know they could work you so hard in Denmark! :biggrin:

The glorious life of a freelancer (actually, only one of my three jobs is freelance)

Even if they finish it soon they should hold off on the announcement of any progress until April 1st  :biggrin: