Guys,

Here's a couple quickies just to give you something new to look at. I have the P-40 external model so I've been working on some personal skins. It's a fun one to paint. A very nice template.  P-40 cockpit is not ready to be shown yet. Hopefully soon. I'll try to post some more summer action pics this weekend. I don't want to get too far ahead of what the Moscow office is doing. They get mad at me, but nothing new there. :-)

attachicon.gifRed_19_Strafing.jpg

attachicon.gifBlack_31_Water.jpg

attachicon.gifP-40_Skin_Viewer.jpg

Jason

Thank you very much for screens. LaGG "American Volunteers" in that green are awesome. Want!

I think once folks who haven't yet tried BoS get a load of the "green" maps, there will be a surge in sales. They look stunning.

Awesome pics. I really hope the FMs get some love too. Not just graphics because if not, the fun from awesome graphics will be overshadowed by FM frustrations.

Edited by JG4_Winger

While we patiently .. wait ;)

If your looking to upgrade somewhat, for yourself, the Mrs, or the kid's, (while not wanting to set your pocket on fire!) Cough, I think I prefer the Gigabyte Gaming 5.

Anyway Check this out:

Screenshots of the latest update in BOS, running very well on a dual core G3258 Pentium with a NVIDIA 970, (mini), on a 600watt Gold series power supply.

(This PC is very close to a XBOX in size, it's also smooth and quiet).

Check it out:

post-23608-0-04484300-1442071108_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-06146200-1442071191_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-85254100-1442071195_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-55715000-1442071200_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-37770500-1442071145_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-54936200-1442071156_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-60506800-1442071167_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-57648000-1442071176_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-52936400-1442071183_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Here are some pics from me playing around with the lighting on the summer map in Beta as the sun sets. Skin is fictitious of course and I don't think any LA-5s flew over Stalingrad area in the summer of 42', I could be wrong, but it makes for a nice scene anyways.

LA5_Summer1.jpg

LA5_Summer2.jpg

LA5_Summer3.jpg

LA5_Summer4.jpg

LA5_Summer5.jpg

LA5_Summer6.jpg

Gotta run, Sunday NFL is back!

Jason 

• Upvote 13

whooohoooo

like the last pic a lot!

can't wait

Wow! Thanks Jason, a great gift for my birthday! :biggrin:

I can´t wait anymore...

Edited by [AoA]Pablo

I'm looking forward to the release and the influx of players it will surely bring. This looks like an entirely new game!

The map looks stunning! I do wonder though if it's going to cause a performance drop. I can't imagine all the extra detail won't affect the framerate.

Grt Martijn

I am curious if the steppe areas south-east of Stalingrad will get the correct ground textures. On the winter map they have the same textures as the rest of the map. In reality there are very few trees and little farmland in the region.

I am curious if the steppe areas south-east of Stalingrad will get the correct ground textures. On the winter map they have the same textures as the rest of the map. In reality there are very few trees and little farmland in the region.

If building the summer map was just about retexturing the winter map, it'd been released a long time ago. I suspect a good deal of design work has gone into making the lanscape accurate.

If building the summer map was just about retexturing the winter map, it'd been released a long time ago. I suspect a good deal of design work has gone into making the lanscape accurate.

So far I've seen no indication, that the summer/autumn maps will be more than a 1:1 retexture of the winter map. So I guess it's unlikely that we will see any changes to the incorrect landscape textures used in certain area, but of course I would love to be proven wrong.

So far I've seen no indication, that the summer/autumn maps will be more than a 1:1 retexture of the winter map. So I guess it's unlikely that we will see any changes to the incorrect landscape textures used in certain area, but of course I would love to be proven wrong.

I think you're mistaken. Just from the last shots Jason posted, we see a lot of variety, which definately isn't there on the winter map.

Here we have very clearly and evenly divided agricultural lands with each field/pasture separated by a row of trees or brushes, typical of traditional Kulak territory:

post-13-0-94599300-1442163649.jpg

Here we have what appear to be larger and more scattered fields without visible hedges, posibly representing either frontier of cultivated land or larger collective fields:

post-13-0-91356400-1442163652.jpg

Here we have what is clearly unclutivated lands/steppe with a few scattered fields here and there:

post-13-0-19983500-1442163655.jpg

The frontier between cultivated and uncultivated lands can also be seen in this shot of the autumn map:

post-13-0-38276000-1441997917.jpg

None of this variety is apparent in the winter map and, I presume, specifically designed for the new maps.

Edited by Finkeren

I think to some extent this field structure is also visible on the winter textures, but that wasn't really my point.

In the map area of the game the landscape is quite diverse in reality. In the north-western part we have woodland-steppe with large areas of farmland. Towards the south-east the climate becomes increasingly drier with fewer trees. In the south-eastern part the climate is semi-arid with almost treeless steppe and much fewer cultivated areas. The textures used on the winter map doesn't reflect this diversity very well and I am worried that the summer/autumn maps will be similar in this regard.

(Geography was one of my subjects at university, so maybe I am a little bit too nitpicky ;) )

Edited by Juri_JS

Textures look great. They are working hard to give us a good quality landscape.

The first screen posted by Jason is stunning, and we have not DX11.

post-1022-0-72566300-1442242520_thumb.jpg

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

... I don't think any LA-5s flew over Stalingrad area in the summer of 42', I could be wrong, but it makes for a nice scene anyways.

Jason 

4 aviation regiments (54 La-5) arrived in Stalingrad by August 23. These screenshots completely correct :)

• Upvote 4

Its gonna be really hard to crash land with all the trees and hedges. Challenge accepted!

Edited by Jade_Monkey

4 aviation regiments (54 La-5) arrived in Stalingrad by August 23. These screenshots completely correct :)

Excellent.

Jason

I wonder if there will be beads of moisture on the windscreen while flying through cloud. I always admired that in Rise of Flight.

I wonder if there will be beads of moisture on the windscreen while flying through cloud. I always admired that in Rise of Flight.

No that isn't there. We don't have tech to add that effect to windows yet. In ROF they were on your goggles. Much easier to do. Maybe someday.

Jason

After sailing the seas of tranquility for nearly two weeks now, there must be something tommorow, eh?

Do I hear a P-40 roaring from affar? :)

Man I wish...

For the last few weeks the only official news was Jason teasing us with those beautiful screenhots... :ph34r: