While we all wait for next sequel and Dx whatever, they could release an extra DLC doublepack of I-153+IAR80/81. I need some new toys to stay focused.Otherwise I will drink myself to death  :drink2:  :biggrin:

I would prefer P-39 + IAR-80/81. The IAR-80/81 would add some more varity to the axis fighter collection. But I guess we might see the P39 with a Kursk expansion.

Zettman

I-153 for BoM

IAR-80/81 for BoS

Both for upcoming Odessa map

:)

• Upvote 2

Hs-123 vs I-153 - bring it on! :cool:

Edit: Dang it typo...

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

The Windows 10 upgrade is not really a valid excuse. There has been a free upgrade for about a year now.

If you choose not to upgrade that's fine (there are good reasons not to upgrade), but you are intentionally alienating yourself.

I've taken the plunge too windows 10 and ill be honest im very happy with it . My system is a lot quicker , and easy to navigate .

A non-gaming computer at home uses W10, it feels a million times better than anything before. I didn't expect to be this pleased with it :)

Does the upgrade to Windows 10 show any significant improvement regarding the performance of BoS ?

As I'm still afraid of doing that upgrade since I'm running soft-/ and hardware that might not be 100% Windows 10 compatible, I would really appreciate to know whether it would be really worth it in terms of gaming performance... :unsure:  

I made the upgrade to W10 (from w8.1) a month ago, and so far I'm pleased with it.

I didn't noticed any improvement in game performance though, but no bug nor compatibility issues. 

It also solved a few display problems I had with W8, so I'm happy with it.

i had windows 10 for a week and rolled back. basically because BoS/M crashed when i tabbed out of the game and W10 didnt recognize two of my custom controllers that i use for the sim

Well, I beleive the free upgrade period for Win10 ends this week, so if you have been pondering it, now is the time.

From July 29, Microsoft will charge you $119 – or £99 – for a full version of Windows 10 Home. Meanwhile, Windows 10 Pro will set you back $199 or £130.

Edited by MF-beepee

Does the upgrade to Windows 10 show any significant improvement regarding the performance of BoS ?

As I'm still afraid of doing that upgrade since I'm running soft-/ and hardware that might not be 100% Windows 10 compatible, I would really appreciate to know whether it would be really worth it in terms of gaming performance... :unsure:  

It's doing better than Windows 8 for almost anything for me (its like a slightly better Win 8) and I also found Windows 8 to be better than 7 (performance wise). You might want to click 'custom install' though to set up your privacy correctly ;)

I need some new toys to stay focused.Otherwise I will drink myself to death :drink2:

Your are joking, do you? Just saying something like this nonsense it is something what I never will understand. Do you really think saying something like this will change something? You known what is to do fire up 3D Studio Max 2016 and create this new toys for what you waiting for to play it and send it to the Devs that we all can enjoy your toys. This is the way to go and not your way! :biggrin:

We all waiting for your work we known you can do it about the toys what you mention before, make us happy! :)

I was enjoying how Bill Gates begging me many times to installing his Win10. I said him I want Cortana from Halo and of course not forget the Masterchief, too.  At the end I get Win10 for free and $100. This was fun like david against goliath. I don't regret it! Glad to have patrons..... :)  

http://www.pcgamesn.com/reality-check-what-developers-really-think-of-directx-12

DX12 may be new, but it is still marketing hype.

Like Vulkan - oh it'll be great and in tests has shown a huge performance boost for AMD cards while only a modest boost for nVidia cards but that awesome boost only brought AMD top end cards to still perform less than nVidia cards of the same level.

Need to stop going "oooo, bigger number = better" it doesn't always and there are going to be a few years before DX12 is fully realized in terms of how to best develop and use.

It's absolute mental to go off about DX11 being old and being the death of this sim. As a matter of fact, DX12 would kill it due to the clear lack of many people upgrading to Win10.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

Did you do the upgrade or a clean install Mastiff?

One of our guys did the upgrade and it worked fine.  It this is the case I'll jump on it, but if I have to do a clean install, I'm keeping 7 Pro. 

It just works.

Blitz I have been fine with my upgrade from 7pro...had some sound driver issues but all square now.

You're going to really enjoy what happens to your stick and throttle _EL :salute:

I installed straight over Win7 without problems too.  I deleted my backup the other day too when I realised I've no intention of going back.

You're going to really enjoy what happens to your stick and throttle _EL :salute:

Ummm....  Just what do you mean?    Sounds ominous to me.

Could you elaborate that with a bit more detail, like what happend exactly? It sounds as if something bad happened, like peripherals not longer being recognize.

I upgraded a month after release of W10 and had absolutly no problem with my peripherals (TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5). I really enjoy W10 and have it on my Flightsim PC, my small gaming PC, my Notebook and also installed it on the two PCs of my parents, no problem so far.

Zettman

A few people had an issue with peripherals changing their ID, thus not being recognised by some games. That has been largely addressed in Il-2, and it also only seems to be happened with people who constantly plug/unplug their peripherals.

Not some games only this game.

Rise of Flight United,ARMA3 Cliffs of Dover,Air Missions Hind,Combat Air Patrol,All the IL-2 series all of them work with mods.

I used to be able to use all three controllers for almost two years on this game but,when they released BOM that all went to hell.

If you stay at two controllers the game seems to be ok but go over three ,in my case use pedals and they do ne get recognized.

The game sees the pedals oups it does not the game sees the pedals oups it does not what a royal pain in the a$$.

So just stay at two controllers and you are ok.

So it wasn't related to Win10. If i remember correctly, there was a thread in which Win7 usesrs had the same problem. Of course as soons as a Win10 user has a problem, the cause is alsways Win10  :lol: .

Zettman

I have 7 controllers running just fine in windows 10. People that are having problems, Issue must be on the users end.

Edited by 6./ZG1_GrendelsDad
  • Upvote 1

Ummm....  Just what do you mean?    Sounds ominous to me.

Not ominous but...trying.   As far as Win 10 upgrade over Win 7 goes; it's a breeze and worth doing.  However, since upgrading, occasionally my system will not recognize my MSFFB2.  I'm not in the habit of un-plugging anything as I have no need to.  Unfortunately the only way to get my stick recognized is to un-plug it!

It's then recognized and works fine for all my flight-sims.   Accept that...........often this game only will have changed the controller id's for no apparent reason.  I have taken to keeping a copy of my input file on my desktop.  When I fire up the game and it's swapped id's i find the quickest solution is to delete the input folder and copy/paste in the one I keep on my desk top.   

I upgraded to Win10 early and now I've upgraded every system that I use and I also upgraded all of what my parents use. It's a good OS, it runs quickly, it has fewer memory bugs than Win7 (in my experience) and generally speaking has been a good time to operate with.

Definitely no issues here with the swapped ID's. The only bit of trouble I had was finding a good driver for the X-52 (the default one is terrible and the most recent one seems to add new bugs) and the folks that took over Saitek seem less enthused about supporting old hardware.

I also have had no controller ID issues with Win 10,(I always leave them (3) plugged in ) I did the upgrade with intention to do the clean install option later, but there just has been no need, not had a single issue

I am certainly not a Microsoft fan and am still very very surprised at how painless it was..

If you are going to do it ...one day left, if you have a DX12 capable graphics card I would recommend saving $120

Cheers Dakpilot

**EDIT* this is just MY experience your may differ  :)

Edited by Dakpilot

Upgraded yesterday, turned off all of the automatic reporting options and no bugs or problems. Game runs the same and no controller issues. The only thing that has changed is my SB but it's probably just a driver issue. I've flown the Fw so much I can set throttle pretty reliably by sound and feel but now I have to glance at the tach to confirm a bit more. I will download the current sound driver today as I'm sure it is due anyway.

I hope I do not drop more than 20-25 FPS once installed with this GTX 660 Over Clocked 2GB Video card.

I hope I do not drop more than 20-25 FPS once installed with this GTX 660 Over Clocked 2GB Video card.

Eh?  I've got a 660ti and if anything performance has been increased in Win 10.

Eh?  I've got a 660ti and if anything performance has been increased in Win 10.

I guess we will see when it gets here.

Too much speculation on what will work well and what won't well in DX 12.

I know the 700 series + cards will be ok.

Did I miss something? Who did say anything about DX12 upgrade? At the moment they are working on a DX11 upgrade, and I don´t think DX12 will appear in near future.

I think they are talking about Win10 which is required for DX12 (for other games).

No DX12 for IL2 anytime soon.