DD today?

Blooddawn1942

4 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

It's either that or nerve damage from overuse of rudder pedals. 

Could be sciatica developing. Might be good to talk to a physiotherapist about back exercises.

If it does work for detecting dev updates tho...

• Sad 1

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

No DD this week, but I will say the team is working on some cool stuff. Just fly and enjoy this current sale and this weekend!! Lots to enjoy, it's not always about new stuff.

But I want everyone to go check out Combat Box's thread (ignore the personal crap in there) about their experimental voice activated SRS bot GCI and encourage them on. Sounds pretty cool. Kudos to them for innovating. Try a creative community all around. 

:salute:

Jason

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 9

Barnacles
2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

it's not always about new stuff.

Jason

Couldn't agree more. I've just realised that Flying Circus is absolutely amazing, and really encourage everyone to try it out. It's a bargain right now!

For those without it, you can fly as a gunner on a multiplayer server even without the game.

@J5_Baeumer, @J99_Sizzlorrand co run an excellent server: Jasta 5 Flying Circus Flugpark Server - Multiplayer Servers - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum.

I really wasn't that interested before, but after trying it out, I'm captivated. So much so I've pre-ordered FC2!

Edited by Barnacles
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

76IAP-Black

I'm so happy with what we have and what will come, 777 Studios is famous for interesting and unexpected moves.

It's nice to be a part of this journey

• Upvote 2

Missionbug
3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

No DD this week, but I will say the team is working on some cool stuff. Just fly and enjoy this current sale and this weekend!! Lots to enjoy, it's not always about new stuff.

Jason

That just ruined my weekend, no pretty pictures of the W.I.P. :cray:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

[DBS]Browning
1 hour ago, Missionbug said:

That just ruined my weekend

Seriously? Your weekend?

MY FLIPPING LIFE IS OVER!

What's the point in going on if there is no DD?

Edited by [DBS]Browning
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

RedKestrel
2 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Seriously? Your weekend?

MY FLIPPING LIFE IS OVER!

What's the point in going on if there is no DD?

Maybe the real DD was the threads we made along the way!

/pretty sure I made this joke like twenty pages back but I'm nothing if not derivative,

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Maybe the real DD was the threads we made along the way!

/pretty sure I made this joke like twenty pages back but I'm nothing if not derivative,

How else could we keep a thread going forward 244 pages? As I’m of little consequence here, I’m able to recycle what I consider to be my best stuff in previous DDs every 3-4 months. No one ever notices. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

But I want everyone to go check out Combat Box's thread (ignore the personal crap in there) about their experimental voice activated SRS bot GCI and encourage them on. Sounds pretty cool. Kudos to them for innovating. Try a creative community all around. 

Jason

Thanks Jason! (Sorry about the personal crap, we try to be low drama, but oh well....)

The bot is coming along. So far you can do these kinds of things:

• "Radio check", "Comms check" (etc)
  • "Tower, request call sign."
  • "Tower, flight of three, type 109, request call sign."
  • "Kenway, this is Uncle-3 in grid 1015, request mission."
  • "Longbow, this is Tomahawk-2 in grid 2411, need vector home."

I'm currently working on making the "request mission" smarter. At the moment it knows if you're a bomber or a fighter and directs you accordingly (bombers are requested to attack the nearest objective, fighters are asked to defend objectives that have been hit recently or protect friendlies that are attacking an enemy target). But I'd like to add assigned patrol routes as well as pilots communicating their own intent, such as "This is Voodoo-lead, bombers en route to Weert Defences, ETA 4 minutes, request cover"

We are also training the bot daily to get better at speech recognition. If pilots would like, they can use the attached utility to record voice samples and then submit them to our Discord. We use Mozilla DeepSpeech machine learning, and it gets better when we feed it more data and voices.

cb-radio-trainer-0.5.zip

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

RedKestrel
15 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Thanks Jason! (Sorry about the personal crap, we try to be low drama, but oh well....)

I'm currently working on making the "request mission" smarter. At the moment it knows if you're a bomber or a fighter and directs you accordingly (bombers are requested to attack the nearest objective, fighters are asked to defend objectives that have been hit recently or protect friendlies that are attacking an enemy target). But I'd like to add assigned patrol routes as well as pilots communicating their own intent, such as "This is Voodoo-lead, bombers en route to Weert Defences, ETA 4 minutes, request cover"

We are also training the bot daily to get better at speech recognition. If pilots would like, they can use the attached utility to record voice samples and then submit them to our Discord. We use Mozilla DeepSpeech machine learning, and it gets better when we feed it more data and voices.

cb-radio-trainer-0.5.zip 388.8 kB · 1 download

I'm a chump, I was on CombatBox last night and didn't even try this...

LR.CrimsonLion
38 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

cb-radio-trainer-0.5.zip 388.8 kB · 2 downloads

Kudos to CombatBox... great server to fly!

Maybe in the future we can have a channel map with minimal landmarks and get the bot to send us vectors for 'radar contacts' over the water. :) :) 

Feathered_IV
8 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

A DD right now would be the perfect time.  They’d never see it coming!

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

A DD right now would be the perfect time.  They’d never see it coming!

Even better, feint with a DD and hammer them with an update..... Instant TKO.

RedKestrel
11 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Even better, feint with a DD and hammer them with an update..... Instant TKO.

"They bring a DD, you bring an update. That's the Chicago 1CGS way!

• Upvote 1

Quoting Nick Danger:”You’ve saved me a lot of investigative work!”

Thanks Jason now I don’t have to be compulsively checking General Discussion all day...

54AF503C-9519-44EF-A1DF-FADF489DB02D.jpeg

Missionbug
5 hours ago, namhee2 said:

antidepressiva-antidepressivum_51206428.jpg

Thank you, that helped so much.;)

I'll wash it down with some really strong lager and then I'll be fine until next weekend, at least I hope so.:drink2::lol:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Betty Jo Bealowski?

You mean... Nancy.

Uncross those beautiful stems of your and walk right in...

• Haha 1

FlyingNutcase
7 hours ago, Alonzo said:

cb-radio-trainer-0.5.zip 388.8 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks for posting a summary here. It's very cool that you're using ML for this. I've been having a break from IL2 for a bit but will pop on CB to check this out.

11 hours ago, 76IAP-Black said:

I'm so happy with what we have and what will come, 777 Studios is famous for interesting and unexpected moves.

It's nice to be a part of this journey

Like re-releasing the same game on a new engine with only 75% features of the old one? (no scripted campaigns).
Well if Vol2 will have finally a scripted campaigns it sure will be an unexpected move. 

• Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Like re-releasing the same game on a new engine with only 75% features of the old one? (no scripted campaigns).
Well if Vol2 will have finally a scripted campaigns it sure will be an unexpected move. 

Flying Circus Volume 1 does have scripted campaigns though... If you are talking about features like Career, they said that it will be coming in Volume 2. 

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Zeev said:

Depends on what the new engine is worth to you.  To me it's worth quite a bit.  As long as the offering is honest (1C IMHO has been completely up front as to what is and is not in FC) then people can make the right decision for themselves.

JG7_X-Man
On 2/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, Monksilver said:

usually but not always -

image.png.54e7e340464a8879f0c7ee81a7cca133.png

Yeah I almost did that last summer (2019) but I couldn't justify spending $3800 (..just starting!) for 30 mins. Now maybe $1500 - yes! 

Edited by JG7_X-Man

14 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Depends on what the new engine is worth to you.  To me it's worth quite a bit.  As long as the offering is honest (1C IMHO has been completely up front as to what is and is not in FC) then people can make the right decision for themselves.

I agree that its good, but for a full price? The map of Vol1 is small, no single player content, only thanks to the community a campaign was added in patches.
I cannot justify such price for so little content. So I hope Vol2 will have much more content than the previous game had.

-DED-Zlodey
12.02.2021 в 13:57, Jason_Williams сказал:

На этой неделе нет DD, но я скажу, что команда работает над некоторыми классными вещами. Просто летайте и наслаждайтесь этой распродажей и этими выходными !! Много удовольствия, дело не всегда в новинках.

Но я хочу, чтобы все посмотрели ветку Combat Box (не обращайте внимания на личную чушь) об их экспериментальном голосовом активе SRS-бота GCI и поддержали их. Звучит довольно круто. Престижность им за инновации. Попробуйте творческое сообщество повсюду. 

:здоровье:

Джейсон

We, on the Il-2 Expert server, also started emulating radio communication with the earth via SRS.But, now it's more of a one-way message from the ground to the pilot. We would like to develop voice recognition to receive requests from pilots. For example, a request for any airfield "bearing", "range". To do this, the pilot's coordinates are not enough in the log files. Please make the output in the log file A Type: 17 (Coordinates of the aircraft).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

LF_Gallahad
4 minutes ago, Zeev said:

I agree that its good, but for a full price? The map of Vol1 is small, no single player content, only thanks to the community a campaign was added in patches.
I cannot justify such price for so little content. So I hope Vol2 will have much more content than the previous game had.

It will, as confirmed by Jason's announcement of FC2 and probably FC3. I am sure it will shine once it has enough content, as his big brother, Rise of flight.

Remember it was done to test the waters. WW2 and WW1 crowd are different animals (and WW2 crowd aside has really interesting... individuals 🤣)

Tank Crew is on the same simuation, somehow. I really enjoy it, but having lots of content or another expansion will benefit the overall experience. I hope we can have it one day.

Now, we have to wait for Normandy and I am eager to fly what the team has prepared 👍

Edited by LF_Gallahad

76IAP-Black
16 hours ago, Zeev said:

I see this game as a constant evolving process, where even the oldest part, Stalingrad, still benefits from the newest improvements made by a small but very talented Team.

It is not, perfect and will never be, but it is worth to be played, enjoyed and, shared with this Community.

My 2 cents

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ShamrockOneFive
3 minutes ago, Zeev said:

No single player content is false. There are two Scripted Campaigns available.

Vol 2 has confirmed that Career will be coming to Flying Circus.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zeev said:

The map of Vol1 is small

People have already responded to this - and setting aside the fact that the map is being enlarged - how big a map do you need when you are going 150 km/h?

PatrickAWlson
5 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

No single player content is false. There are two Scripted Campaigns available.

Vol 2 has confirmed that Career will be coming to Flying Circus.

Some might think PWCG doesn't count but it is there, and Jason did specifically contract me to make it for FC1.  For those that prefer the 1C career mode it can be viewed as a stop gap until the 1C career is done. 

For myself I am just delighted that FC2 is happening.  I really feared that sales of FC1 did not merit continuation.  Very happy to see that WWI is a viable market.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

II/JG17_HerrMurf

Pat, not a WWI guy but I want you to know how much I appreciate your efforts nonetheless. Also, why I will buy FC2. I have the resources to support Jason and Co in their efforts as well.

Melonfish

I can't seem to start the game it tells me there's a new version I need to download, and yet there's nothing announced or pending via steam, this is usually an indication of an update...

Or it's horribly broken for no reason.
Anybody else getting this? (steam version)

Edit: It's an update, just announced. YAY it isn't broken!

Edited by Melonfish

Probably not going to see one until next Friday or the one after that, which is fine, gives us more time to gush over the A-6 and other improvements from the update!

• Like 1

[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

DD's wets your appetite, while updates fills your belly. 

• Haha 1