Oh god. End of a decade again. I remember me and a mate in 1980 was talking how old we would be the year 2000, 2010 and 2020 and now we are there. 

I really like a oversight of what have been and why, and how ambitions are for next century. 
If ambitions have changed and if so why

1 hour ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Last DD of the decade? 😃

Well realistically seen, the decade ends in one year. The calendar started with the year one. There was no year zero. So the first decade ends with the year ten.:P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

Well realistically seen, the decade ends in one year. The calendar started with the year one. There was no year zero. So the first decade ends with the year ten.:P

Don't crush my dreams!

On 12/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, ShamrockOneFive said:

I hope they do. I'd love a nice DD update with a nod to what they are doing next year so I can speculate and do end of 2019 speculative pieces for 2020 :)

Career mode is what I am missing from FC, as in any other good decent sim. I am sure they plan on doing it for FC, if vol. 1 sells well. Are there numbers or info on how well FC1 did at the "box office"?

14 minutes ago, danielprates said:

Career mode is what I am missing from FC, as in any other good decent sim. I am sure they plan on doing it for FC, if vol. 1 sells well. Are there numbers or info on how well FC1 did at the "box office"?

Sales numbers are not something that we as the community are typically privy too. Jason did allude to Battle of Normandy initial pre-order sales doing even better than Bodenplatte so that makes me feel good about the mainline IL-2 series but I don't know where that leaves us with the Flying Circus. Vol 1 implies a multi-volume plan but until they say they are doing a Vol 2 we're just going to have to wait it out.

IMHO, and I've said this a few times, a Vol 2 dev cycle would let the team build out the features and the aircraft set that would make both volumes a better pitch to potential buyers than if just Vol 1 is left as is. It's just as how Bodenplatte is going to be made better by Normandy (and vice versa) but in this case perhaps even moreso. My fingers are crossed that they can do it and that it can include some variety of aircraft types (really hoping for the Gotha and Handley Page bombers).

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Sales numbers are not something that we as the community are typically privy too. Jason did allude to Battle of Normandy initial pre-order sales doing even better than Bodenplatte so that makes me feel good about the mainline IL-2 series but I don't know where that leaves us with the Flying Circus. Vol 1 implies a multi-volume plan but until they say they are doing a Vol 2 we're just going to have to wait it out.

IMHO, and I've said this a few times, a Vol 2 dev cycle would let the team build out the features and the aircraft set that would make both volumes a better pitch to potential buyers than if just Vol 1 is left as is. It's just as how Bodenplatte is going to be made better by Normandy (and vice versa) but in this case perhaps even moreso. My fingers are crossed that they can do it and that it can include some variety of aircraft types (really hoping for the Gotha and Handley Page bombers).

I kinda noticed that actual sales numbers are not something they just share, and tbh I think they are right in doing so. It would only lead to toxic speculation, we already see enough of that.

It happens, though, that info about sales and success just seems to slip through the cracks every now and then... we all picked up the overall good vibes arising from each further BoX chapter, for instance, and we all know it is going well even without specific info on it.

FC and TC, though, still feels a bit under the "nebel".... I haven't seen much data on the overall satisfaction people got, in general, from those titles. Maybe a future DD could adress that, I think most people would feel great having more news about them. Its just a random thought; I dont feel I "must" know more either. To be honest I gave both titles a half-baked try and not even I am sure I tested them both enough to say I definitivelly love them or not. 

Well, on a positive note: it gladdened me a lot to read your post, in respect to the idea that a second chapter would possibly come even if just to seek more sales. Seems wise as a business strategy, and one of those things that makes everybody happy. If that counts to anything, it has my endorsement.

• Like 1

Might be a stupid question, but what does that wololo" mean?! 😄

1 hour ago, vino said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, vino said:

It's from the old "age of empires" rts game. The summoner unit would raise his arms and say "wololo" as his attack. Iirc it converted the enemy unit into a friendly one. 

It has since been "memefied" and here it is used as a summoning chant for new DDs.

• Like 1

I hope, like most people here, we will get FC2 as well as TC2! 

But of course sales will determine this one way or the other. An innovative FC2 might convince the remaining RoF hardcore players. 2020 will sure answer most of these Questions. 

You are not going to get a peep out of them until the end of next week... they are on their well deserved holidays!

56 minutes ago, No42_Baili said:

maybe jason should show us some holiday photo😆

Jason on holiday in Greece: still fighting off the nay-sayers.

Jason.thumb.JPG.addf20627a879937805aa9827f791218.JPG

• Haha 2

Christmas in Russia is normally celebrated on January 7th because they go by the Gregorian calendar and not the Julian calendar. Could indeed be the last chance for a DD today before the 17th.

35 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

What’s a DD?

A likely cause of chronic back problems later in life, but that's not important right now

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Christmas in Russia is normally celebrated on January 7th

Christmas is not a big celebration in Russia. The main holiday is the New Year. There's a holiday period from January 1 till January 8th. Used to be 10 days.

1 hour ago, smink1701 said:

What’s a DD?

Donald!

Not the president. The other one.

DD.jpg

• Haha 2

What’s a DD?

Solid Snake's dog "Diamond Dog".

Have a nice day.

:salute:

31680625-1496814943.jpg

• Haha 1

What’s a DD?

Didn't we cover that a few weeks ago? 😅

What’s a DD?

You know it when you see it:

The_Double-D_Avenger.jpg

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

imyERl.jpg

There is your DD for the weekend.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:14 AM, sevenless said:

You know it when you see it:

The_Double-D_Avenger.jpg

From the makers of Bra Bra Blacksheep.

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

We need some Hurri love!

Bah!! Hurricanes :P

• Haha 4

It's not gonna happen. It's been too long since the last DD and now it's too late.