Would be nice to hear something about TC, too. Next tanks, which and when, and what they plan to implement into the game until release, like binocular for commander, turret not turning to 12 o'clock, when leaving gunner position and such stuff.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

No, he thinks an election is on the cards "soon" tm.

At my age, one is not so much worried about the next election, as the next...oh never mind.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Selection, election, correction, projection????????

Californication?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

@Vilir @77.CountZero Does he say something about the Yak-9 modifications?

Curious about this too!

Just now, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

@Vilir @77.CountZero Does he say something about the Yak-9 modifications?

no, i see in video he says its 2 new airplanes then he correct him self saying its basicly 3 new airplanes with pair of yaks, yak9 and 9t and then goes on hurricane and 5 modifications for it

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

hurricane and 5 modifications for it

Very cool. Hurri IIC with 4 Hispanos ???

so, no news today..too bad.

11 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Is that you raaaid?  :crazy:

Lol, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time! First time back on the forums since I was a moderator on Ubi, just got BoM and BoB last week, it's nice to be behind the stick again! I'm back baby!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Very cool. Hurri IIC with 4 Hispanos ???

He dosent say in video what type or modfications, my best guess is it would be Hurricane IIa or b as main one with modifications to have 4x20mm to make it iic as vvs used them, so lets hope it is with 4x20mm, so you can use it on early maps for bnz one punch kaboom and then later you play with Tempest same way 😄 like now some practice for P-51 on early maps in P-40s 

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, blitze said:

Yak 9 and Hurri - nice and I'm sure they'll sneak in a Spit XIV in there as well 😎

One can only dream. I've been doing some research on Spitfire IX units based in Europe as campaign ideas for BOBP and all I'm finding is info on the mk XIV.

I thought it was a rarer bird but it seems like it was very prevalent by mid 1944.

1 hour ago, UrufuShinjiro said:

Lol, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time! First time back on the forums since I was a moderator on Ubi, just got BoM and BoB last week, it's nice to be behind the stick again! I'm back baby!

If you want to take a trip down memory lane , you will find raaaid is very active on these boards , especially the "Free Subject" area. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

no, i see in video he says its 2 new airplanes then he correct him self saying its basicly 3 new airplanes with pair of yaks, yak9 and 9t and then goes on hurricane and 5 modifications for it

About Hurri he says "in 5 modifications", what rather means 5 modifications of Hurri itself, not just 5 mods for it.

I mean, by modifications they can model Hurricane II A, B, C, D + Hurri with 2 SHVAK guns and 2 UB 12.7 mashine guns (VVS field model), like they made La5F from La5 by engine mod.
But maybe I just I want to think this way or i translated it incorrect - sorry, english not my native language. 

Edited by Vilir
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

He dosent say in video what type or modfications, my best guess is it would be Hurricane IIa or b as main one with modifications to have 4x20mm to make it iic as vvs used them, so lets hope it is with 4x20mm, so you can use it on early maps for bnz one punch kaboom and then later you play with Tempest same way 😄 like now some practice for P-51 on early maps in P-40s 

and

6 minutes ago, Vilir said:

About Hurri he says "in 5 modifications", what rather means 5 modifications of Hurri itself, not just 5 mods for it.

I mean, by modifications they can model Hurricane II A, B, C, D + Hurri with 2 SHVAK guns and 2 BK 12.7 mashine guns (VVS field model), like they made La5F from La5 by engine mod.
But maybe I just I want to think this way or i translated it incorrect - sorry, english not my native language. 

Thanks both of you for the summary. Sound great for me. I´d buy it in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, UrufuShinjiro said:

Okaeri. :fly:

21 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

what video??? :crazy:

Go back a page or two and look at the video hidden under the spoiler dropdown. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Does he say something about the Yak-9 modifications?

4 hours ago, kissklas said:

Curious about this too!

With Yak-9 all complicated ... in broad sense, Yak-9T is modification of Yak-9 itself .As well is Yak-9DD, Yak-9B and so on. Maybe different loading for Yak-9T gun, or bombs and rockets for Yak-9 as modifications. Just few at all, I suppose. Because Yak-9T with 45mm cannon modification, for example, will already be Yak-9K :).

We need to wait for anounce :)

Edited by Vilir

2 hours ago, Vilir said:

With Yak-9 all complicated ... in broad sense, Yak-9T is modification of Yak-9 itself .As well is Yak-9DD, Yak-9B and so on. Maybe different loading for Yak-9T gun, or bombs and rockets for Yak-9 as modifications. Just few at all, I suppose. Because Yak-9T with 45mm cannon modification, for example, will already be Yak-9K :).

Some of the differences between these variants are quite substantial though!

10 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I thought it was a rarer bird but it seems like it was very prevalent by mid 1944.

There were several squadrons and they shared all of the RAF's anti-fighter duties with the Tempests. The Spit IX squadrons were mostly relegated to mud moving by 1945.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Some of the differences between these variants are quite substantial though!

Yes, of course. Installation of various equipment or weapons had an significant impact on flying caracteristic and changed aircraft role. But Yak-9 still was a base for all this changes.

I just want to say, what all of this modifications was highly specialized and it was no sence for further modify it. 

That's why i don't expect a lot of mods for Yak9 and Yak9T.

something i learnt over the years

really i dont need to expose my bones on a bike to wear a cool leather jacket and cowboy boots

so i hardly play the game no more but i couldnt pass on the forums

as a matter of fact i hardly game no more so no im learning coding for the last few years :)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Vilir said:

I´m really glad that Yak-9 is coming and every and all variant/modification is highly appreciated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

Wololololo

We all have to do our parts. 

Trust me, i do my parts diligently 😯

• Haha 4

Ok Ill give it a try, here goes.....Wololololoololloollollololololololololololo

ops hope I didn't hurt the chance of a DD

Wouldn't get too excited for one this week considering the injuries sustained to one of the developers. Hope he ends up pulling through.

I'd love to know more about Air Marshal. I need to know more about it, it's been mentioned in hushed whispers for what, over a year now - yet we know nothing about it despite approaching implementation! The curiosity and suspense is blipping my engine! That said, with the accident I fully understand if there'd be no DD.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Luftschiff said:

I'd love to know more about Air Marshal. I need to know more about it, it's been mentioned in hushed whispers for what, over a year now - yet we know nothing about it despite approaching implementation! The curiosity and suspense is blipping my engine! That said, with the accident I fully understand if there'd be no DD.

Absolutely!

We know it's a multiplayer mode that involves one person directing other players. Beyond that there is little info.

What I hope it will be is some kind of low-key GCI/AWACS like system where one player can use limited information about the enemy to suggest targets or headings to other players. However, given the amount of time that it has been in development, perhaps it is something more?

I can see potential pitfalls that I'm sure the Devs have been at pains to avoid. For example:

An overbearing system that limits server's ability to host the maps that they want with the settings and targets that they want will likely be ditched by server hosts in favor of their own maps.

A system that grants the marshal the ability to set tasks for players, but does not give any significant, practical advantages for players who follow the instructions is likely to be ignored.

14 hours ago, Ghost666 said:

Ok Ill give it a try, here goes.....Wololololoololloollollololololololololololo

ops hope I didn't hurt the chance of a DD

Now you've done it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

Wouldn't get too excited for one this week considering the injuries sustained to one of the developers. Hope he ends up pulling through.

I'm curious about this. What happened?

5 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I'm curious about this. What happened?

One of the Devs in Russia was in a car accident and has suffered a bleed on the brain I believe.

1 hour ago, [DBS]Browning said:

One of the Devs in Russia was in a car accident and has suffered a bleed on the brain I believe.

Damn. Seems serious. I hope he makes a full recover.