I linked photos of actual P-51s earlier when this screen shot was first shown to us. They aren't shaped correctly.

1 hour ago, pfrances said:

Lightning for me. Heck, the P-38 the sole reason I bought BoBP. Everything else is just gravy to me.

Salutations,

Whatever inspires and motivates to fly in IL2 is good. :yahoo:

• Upvote 1

That's a very good point actually. Did they announce them about October 2017? And BoK was released, wot, Feb 2018? Sooo we might be hitting that stage of the dev cycle? Though we'd already had the kuban map for a bit by then though right? 

2 hours ago, pfrances said:

the P-38 the sole reason I bought BoBP.

Holy.... 😲

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

anouncment of Il-2 Battle of Madagascar

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

1-BCD581-B-4135-4-B36-A244-555-FA8446-B9

Thunder? Clouds? Sea? Docks?....... 

LIGHHTTTNINGGG BABYYYYY

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

From left to right: The P-47, the FW-190, and the MiG-3. No, i will not be explaining my logic.
/the Penguins are I-16s
"Sir, are you sure we can do a crazy turn reversal like that?"
"Kowalski, we'll be in Mustangs! The laws of physics won't apply to us!"

Edited by RedKestrel
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Diggun said:

That's a very good point actually. Did they announce them about October 2017? And BoK was released, wot, Feb 2018? Sooo we might be hitting that stage of the dev cycle? Though we'd already had the kuban map for a bit by then though right? 

IIRC BoK was "released" in March of 2018

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

anouncment of Il-2 Battle of Madagascar

Cool, can't wait....

martlet.jpg

Maybe the they will announce Pacific theater.... The DD a couple weeks ago did say that they are going to announce something that will amaze us.

• Upvote 2

I found another 'Stang to salivate over in the meantime...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FlyingNutcase said:

I found another 'Stang to salivate over in the meantime...

That PLASMO guy is a beast. Watching his stuff is such a time sink for me. 

13 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Have you seen the one who does stopmotion videos of the kits being assembled? No mustangs there, but very worthwhile.

Posted (edited)

@Finkeren If it's P-51's y'like then THIS is just up the road from us!... Unbelievable 1:5 scale exact (and I mean EXACT) Mustang... 

oZmyfOS.jpg

http://www.scalemodelnews.com/2017/10/raf-museum-cosford-home-to-gorgeous-15.html

Just click on the link then on the first image and follow the trail. It is gobsmackingly beautiful, trust me.

Edited by Raptorattacker

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

@Finkeren If it's P-51's y'like then THIS is just up the road from us!... Unbelievable 1:5 scale exact (and I mean EXACT) Mustang... 

oZmyfOS.jpg

http://www.scalemodelnews.com/2017/10/raf-museum-cosford-home-to-gorgeous-15.html

Just click on the link then on the first image and follow the trail. It is gobsmackingly beautiful, trust me.

It's a nice piece too, but what I like about PLASMO is not so much the accuracy and level of detail, though he does that very well, but the lengths he goes to to make his work come to life. The amount of weathering and dirt he puts on his models is actually kind of exaggerated and not really "realistic", but on a model it makes it feel much more lively and real. 

Scale modeling is not just about faithfully copying reality in every little detail. It's about creating small works of art that catch the eye and tell a story by themselves. 

Edited by Finkeren

Posted (edited)

@Finkeren Yeah, I get you. I have a lot of affinity with that approach, being a compulsive skinner! The way I see it is, you can paint the planes AND fly them and shoot at things in this!! I tell you what though, that Mustang above is made from blueprints and yes, it IS clean, but it is a jaw - dropping piece of work to stand up close to!! Both me AND one of our Grandkids were just standing there literally with our mouths open and wide - eyed!!

... I wonder if the guy who made it is married? :rolleyes:

Edited by Raptorattacker

2 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Thanks Raptorattacker  this has given me the push to go to cosford

I've not been for years and I only live half an hour away

4 minutes ago, Zippy-do-dar said:

I've not been for years and I only live half an hour away

AND it's freeeeee!!! Even Mrs Rap enjoyed it. WELL worth a day out, really.

I have the feeling that doing a "Battle of the Pacific" Okinawa, or something in the Solomon Islands , or why not "Pearl Harbour" whatever is probably a too big investment. The number of ships and planes to develop is huge from Japanese and US side if we want something up to the level of quality we would like to have. Maps would be easier. Mainly made of sea the islands (except maybe for Hawaii) were simple not too high mountains and forests (vegetation is completely different ) and rivers, but there were no large complex cities like in Europe. Solomon Islands had sparse mere hut villages. 

But if this helps I would easily double the Early Access "fee" to have it. 🙂 

I would bet something more accessible like the battles in the desert between the Anglo Americans and German forces, maybe with the Island of Malta.  It can be Operation Torch, or El-Alamein, the choices are large. You can reuse planes and tanks, and maps are easier to do. Some existing planes and some coming coming with Bodenplatte can be reused. Maps are of the Stalingrad Summer but more desertic type. Sea is already existing in Kuban. 

Wait and see.....

2 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

I have the feeling that doing a "Battle of the Pacific" Okinawa, or something in the Solomon Islands , or why not "Pearl Harbour" whatever is probably a too big investment. The number of ships and planes to develop is huge from Japanese and US side if we want something up to the level of quality we would like to have. Maps would be easier. Mainly made of sea the islands (except maybe for Hawaii) were simple not too high mountains and forests (vegetation is completely different ) and rivers, but there were no large complex cities like in Europe. Solomon Islands had sparse mere hut villages. 

But if this helps I would easily double the Early Access "fee" to have it. 🙂 

I would bet something more accessible like the battles in the desert between the Anglo Americans and German forces, maybe with the Island of Malta.  It can be Operation Torch, or El-Alamein, the choices are large. You can reuse planes and tanks, and maps are easier to do. Some existing planes and some coming coming with Bodenplatte can be reused. Maps are of the Stalingrad Summer but more desertic type. Sea is already existing in Kuban. 

Wait and see.....

I think it's possible that maybe a different map for the ETO could be added as an addon. Maybe a plane or two included. I know it isn't SOP for this series but a quick (relatively speaking) release to keep interest in the series and generate added funding for the PTO.

Posted (edited)

This is an interesting topic. As we go further in time, more and more planes are done for existing theaters. For example, for North Africa, you have already most of the german fighters if not all (Taking into account, we will never be in the MTO) So at the end, we will need maps. Maybe map plus career and small amount of planes can be feasible?

Sorry for OT :)

Edited by LF_Gallahad

8 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

This is an interesting topic. As we go further in time, more and more planes are done for existing theaters. For example, for North Africa, you have already most of the german fighters if not all (Taking into account, we will never be in the ETO) So at the end, we will need maps. Maybe map plus career and small amount of planes can be feasible?

Sorry for OT :)

If BoBP isn't set in the ETO, where exactly do you think it is?

2 minutes ago, Rjel said:

If BoBP isn't set in the ETO, where exactly do you think it is?

Sorry! MTO! Fixed, my brain doesn't work at this time of the day 

Just now, LF_Gallahad said:

Sorry! MTO! Fixed, my brain doesn't work at this time of the day 

Ahhh. I suffer from the same malady. 😉 I wish the MTO were a possibility. I wouldn't write it off completely either. CLOD or no.

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2019 at 11:16 PM, Finkeren said:

PLASMO, ScaleModelAircraft and similar YouTube channels have got me planning a return to scale modelling after a 40 year hiatus, since I was around 10-12 years old. Of course they make it look easy but it's very cool seeing the techniques used, specific products, colours and tools. Not to hijack this thread; if that's possible, lol.

Well, to keep it more on track, here's a Tempest, just released a few minutes ago...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I usually watch their vids when doing my (almost) daily 25km stints on my exercise machine. They actually got me started on making aircraft models again after +15 years of only doing armor models.

14 hours ago, Rjel said:

Ahhh. I suffer from the same malady. 😉 I wish the MTO were a possibility. I wouldn't write it off completely either. CLOD or no.

Actually, I would love if they deliver MTO in both games. I know people are reluctant to give up on CloD but there is no need to restrict the era only to that sim.

If there is work already done I think it would benefict to have it in both.

Personally, I don't fly CloD anymore and I think people are afraid that if MTO is done by GB, CloD won't live long wich is BS. Many people fly CloD because they like CloD. If you like one, you don't need to dislike the other.

Posted (edited)

If not PTO is announced. I hope for improved ai behavior. Attacking ac behave as a squad, defencive the same. Feel the wingman can be trusted. 

I think that is what I miss the most. Get a feel of comrady in sp

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

If not PTO is announced. I hope for improved ai behavior. Attacking ac behave as a squad, defencive the same. Feel the wingman can be trusted. 

I think that is what I miss the most. Get a feel of comrady in sp

I agree. There are never enough improvments but now that the whole game is shining, this and the radio comms seems to be the weakest side. I hope we get more updates as the one we've got already. Core features are always coming

15 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

I know people are reluctant to give up on CloD but there is no need to restrict the era only to that sim.

If there is work already done I think it would benefict to have it in both.

I am one of those who like CloD and would frequently mosh into discussions when I saw people complain about it cloggin real chances of us ever seeing a MTO anywhere. Now I am not so sure CloD is worth the waiting, judging from the development pace. Nowadays I would be glad enough if CloD released a working Vickers Wellington.

1 hour ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Well, to keep it more on track, here's a Tempest, just released a few minutes ago...

That one is really beautifull. I can´t wait to fly it in the game.

1 hour ago, FlyingNutcase said:

PLASMO, ScaleModelAircraft and similar YouTube channels have got me planning a return to scale modelling after a 40 year hiatus, since I was around 10-12 years old. Of course they make it look easy but it's very cool seeing the techniques used, specific products, colours and tools. Not to hijack this thread; if that's possible, lol.

The detail on that kit is incredible. If I only had the talent to do it justice.

4 minutes ago, Rjel said:

The detail on that kit is incredible. If I only had the talent to do it justice.

Never too late to gain that talent :salute:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Never too late to gain that talent :salute:

It's been over 40 years since I've even touched a model kit. I was a hacker then and I haven't the patience it would require now. Still a beautiful model of the Tempest. It's going to be a sweet plane in this sim.

Malta, Sicily and Pantelleria would be an awesome map for Battle of Malta release. Most of the planes are already in the game. That would give us a huge battle history to work with and not conflict with North Africa.

11 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

Malta, Sicily and Pantelleria would be an awesome map for Battle of Malta release. Most of the planes are already in the game. That would give us a huge battle history to work with and not conflict with North Africa.

What 5 airplanes you would have available for axis that are already not in game ? if they have to go 5x5dlc with new map its imposible to have Battle of Malta. At some point they should think about making just map and maybe few airplanes for it with SP campaign on that map, as sone they will not have airplanes for axis side for interesting dlcs if they stick to this 5x5+map way we have