Posted (edited)

nice new devblog, couldnt ask for more.

Edited by halowraith1

3 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I always hope for a DD on Friday's but also realize there is the workload to consider as well as holidays and other things that get in the way.

On the other hand, no one should expect content releases on the backside of the week. We've been down that road before and it's not likely to happen again.........for obvious reasons if you were around in the EA days. Look for releases on Monday's, Tuesday's and maybe Wednesday's. Thursday's are unlikely and you will probably never see a Friday release ever.

I wasn't here back than - why no content before weekend? What happened?

1 hour ago, Eisenfaustus said:

If you release an update on a Tuesdays, the team can immediately address any bugs which may arise. If the update comes Friday afternoon, and the devs take a (well deserved) relaxing weekend away from game development, they are subjected to a weekends worth of exasperation and complaints Monday morning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

As above, there was a Friday release in EA which had some undiscovered bugs which made the game largely unplayable. Users got frustrated through an entire weekend and the Dev's were unaware. They came back on the following Monday to a large part of the user base unexpectedly at rage level 11. Now updates are done at the front end of the week so they can be monitored and bugs squashed quickly. The team learned and adapted. They now have one of the fastest hotfix responses I've ever seen. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I feel the need... 😎 

• Like 1

I don't think they are going to do an update just before the FS Expo as it would be a disaster if there was a bug.

20 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

I don't think they are going to do an update just before the FS Expo as it would be a disaster if there was a bug.

I suspect that they'll have some kind of beta build of the sim at the Expo to demo the 262, with the release coming early next week. if its a big update they'll want to have all next week to arrange hotfixes and deal with issues if needed. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

So four weeks after it was going to be two or three? I guess the flight sim expo was totally unforseen and surprising so that's fine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diggun said:

So four weeks after it was going to be two or three? I guess the flight sim expo was totally unforseen and surprising so that's fine. 

I think that perhaps the update got bigger than they expected, so they took some time to finish up a few things and include it with a slight delay rather than have stuff waiting for next update. Perhaps including the 262 in sim required more changes than they expected. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I think that perhaps the update got bigger than they expected, so they took some time to finish up a few things and include it with a slight delay rather than have stuff waiting for next update. Perhaps including the 262 in sim required more changes than they expected. 

Including a longer runway on an exiting map for the 262?

I wonder.

2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I think so too. Maybe we get an early glimpse at the new map too? I won't be back from Spain before 14th June anyways, so take your time folks.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

20th of June people 😉

Wot, my birthday?  Aw... you shouldn’t have!

Whats the longest Runways whe have at the moment? I'm shure its "posible" to get the 262 off the ground whit light fuel load.... mabe... at existing runways.

Cruelty 3 months waiting, please update and rescue me😭 

Today's DD A diary of Jason's road trip to Florida, ending with a photo of him taking a well deserved walk down Miami beach :-

Image result for borat mankini

Was going to try and photo shop his head over borat's but couldn't find the thread with the pics when he came over to take pics of the tempest lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 5/31/2019 at 6:15 PM, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Yes, but someone will come along soon to demand JP8 and 25lb boost for their Spitfires!!

That would be me!

10 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

262 with the update tomorow :)

A huge update on a friday, right as they are to present the new build at FS Expo? 

I highly doubt it. An update of this magnitude is bound to bring issues that will require hotfixes, and they don't want that to interfere with their Expo promotion. 

Update on Monday or Tuesday after expo and tons of 262 footage 😄

D-Day Today?

Good news everyone, it's the beginning of the end...

It was an open goal, i couldn't resist.

• Upvote 2

Well technically, you aren’t wrong.  It’s the 75th anniversary of the d-day landing :)

5 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Well technically, you aren’t wrong.  It’s the 75th anniversary of the d-day landing :)

I was marking the occasion (deliberately, not accicentally lol) as there doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to the commemoration of what was a momentous event in world history; rivalling the great strategic strokes of the Wehrmacht in the West and East and also the heroic endeavours of the Red Army.

If today, you search "D-Day" on the forums you will find no thread with that name, and "DD Today" half way down the page.

I mean, I have tomorrow off.. so I hope it’s today.. but I can’t imagine it’ll happen before the expo

They will probably do a DD about the Expo with some shots/possible video of 262 this week. Official release in two weeks be sure.

Nope, probably no aerobatics video - I read here on the forum that 262 is only able to fly in a straight line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Two weeks, that does bring back memories.  I'm just wondering, wasn't the 51 "estimated" release date some time in June?  Of course that could be later in June. BTW the "Testers" have not been posting much of late, hum:popcorm:

We need to stay calm, go to Winchester, have a pint and wait for it all to blow over...

Or... 

SCHWALBOLOLOLOOOO

• Haha 7

Friends...it seems SCHWALBOLOLOLOLOLO is ineffective. 

9 hours ago, Johnny-Red said:

If today, you search "D-Day" on the forums you will find no thread with that name, and "DD Today" half way down the page.

• Thanks 1

Probably not expecting much if any DD this week. After FS Expo I expect Jason and Han to have a sizeable post regarding the 262 release and a ton of under the hood improvements talk. Just a guess.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I would like to see HD video of schwalbe in action before the patch. Video from the expo will be nice to show atmosphere at the show and people around, but its not good to capture planes flying, tanks fighting.

Maybe someone from the expo crew  can take hd video from the pc before the show begin....or after.

Shamrock maybe?

Edited by Voidhunger

I would like to know about patch notes...

4 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

I would like to know about patch notes...

They are those things that tell us all about all the juicy things in the latest update, Happy to help ! 

Sorry, could not resist :)