DD with in depth look at the new jet engine technology would be super cool!

• Upvote 5

Disappoint the WWII crowd so hard by giving us more Flying Circus planes. You know you want to, no one can resist that sweet, sweet disappointment.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rekt said:

LOL

I bought Flying Circus to support the Devs, but man I just cannot make myself like WW1 planes. I wish I did, but they bring me no joy at all.

Conversely, there are many of us who are absolutely delighted by them and would gladly trade a dull pee-fiddyone for a Handley-Page. What makes it such a wonderful world to live in is that the devs manage to give us both what we want. Seriously, I've been impressed by how well they've mixed both into DD's and updates lately. Now let me dogfight a Schwalbe in a Morane.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LP1888 said:

Me 262 wooooolololololol

What better way to celebrate Victory week, than with an Me-262...  :russian_ru:

1 minute ago, Rekt said:

LOL

I bought Flying Circus to support the Devs, but man I just cannot make myself like WW1 planes. I wish I did, but they bring me no joy at all.

I’m the exact opposite, really (though I do have a soft spot for the Pacific Theatre).

The trick with WWI planes is to consider them powered kites and take them up for the sheer joy of flying. The Fokker Dr.I and Fokker D.VII(F) are particularly good at creating this feeling of flight. They are almost impossibly nimble.

It’s true, you can never compare this to the sheer raw POWER of a 2600hp turbocharged death machine (and yes I admit the P-47D is pure sex), but you can trace back its lineage to these humble beginnings. That said, from a historical point of view, these tiny biplanes were the absolute bleeding edge of technological advancement. A serialised 1918 scout/fighter like the Fokker D.VII looks nothing like the experimental wiry contraptions that existed only 4 years prior.

Then when you think that men who’d never even sat inside an automobile volunteered to fly and even fight in the air, you can understand why there will always be a bit of a cult following to them.

And now I need to have a drink, lie down and accept that we’re probably not getting any new (very old) toys today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

Now let me dogfight a Schwalbe in a Morane. 

+1

1 hour ago, Rekt said:

LOL

Ive beem so intrigued watching vids. What better way than RoF. I genuinely dont know WTF is going on but I can make accounts yet the game wont "see" them to log in, nor will the forum to ask for help!! So disappointed!!

But yes I prefer ww2. However I love ww1 planes too - fond memories of tge Red Baron from the AoE and AoTP era.

1 hour ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Don't think we are getting anything today

get the f**k out of here! we don' t need that kind of attitude here :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Asgar said:

get the f**k out of here! we don' t need that kind of attitude here :P

tenor.gif?itemid=5668462

Call me when the 262 releases

*Actually, this is really elaborated strategy of inverse psychology

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

something today?? :)

Doubt it. i think they've been off for a holiday since at least yesterday over there..

How many wolololo’s does it take to get to the jet engine center of a schwalbe pop?The world may never know...

• Haha 3

Hmmmmm, what kind of a week will it be. :cool:

8 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Hmmmmm, what kind of a week will it be.

It may not be 20/2/44 - 25/2/44, but for some reason I get the feeling that we're in for a Big Week!

High expectations , eagerness never seen before? 

I wonder how servers will use it. I guess there will be at one point 83 262’s hunting down one po2  and that’s me going sightseeing totally unaware 

• Haha 2

update with 262 on 28 may at 14:28min moscow time, you can bet on it 😄

Flight-Sim Expo is on June 7th-9th, they need to have P51 flying by this time, so 262 should hit us hard this week and P51 in 2 weeks. Or they release both planes next week so that we can fight those jet engines with a poney when they go to land 😄

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NN_RugbyGoth said:

Flight-Sim Expo is on June 7th-9th, they need to have P51 flying by this time, so 262 should hit us hard this week and P51 in 2 weeks. Or they release both planes next week so that we can fight those jet engines with a poney when they go to land 😄

Could be really great have both in 2 weeks

Its hockey today, no update. I hope we win, after that they can release update.

This week =Me262 , and 2~3 weeks later =P-51 
WOLOLOOOOLOO~~~~~~~~~

DD on friday and Schwalbe next week? Wololo!

Or . . . . they could just sit on them, so that the flight sim expo happens to be the first reveal of the 262 and P-51. You want to be first to fly these puppies ? get in line at the IL2 stand at the flight sim expo :)

Might even be a good move from a marketing point of view ?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Ye of little faith. Testers have been very quiet recently, almost like they're preoccupied....

Looks like the hype train is going on again. I remember the weeks before the P47 dropped.

I guess we are getting some pics this friday!

wolololo wolololo wolololo wolololo wolololo wolololo wolololo  :hunter:

But before the Schwalb

Goto keep our Yankie friends happy 🍺😁

• Like 1

Theyz watch to mutch GoT and gona subvert our expectations and release Tempest V this month, before any other airplane 😄

• Haha 1