BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 103 - Discussion

Hi Everybody!

Today's diary should be particularly interesting to those who tracks the Battle of Moscow development.

As you already know MC.202 Series VIII is the next aircraft in our list of early access releases. I finally have a few fresh screenshots showing the plane's cockpit. It's almost complete, and the August is coming in a couple of weeks already, so you won't need to wait long to get to try it.

MC202cockpit_01.jpg MC202cockpit_02.jpg MC202cockpit_03.jpg

Also we've started changing pilots' outfit. The German pilot already wears his summer gear.

imgo.jpg

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 9

(singing)...How I wish...how I wish it was MiG-3 cockpit screens... :)

Really nice looking lather jacket, oh and the macci too.

one question when we will have a bail out while on the ground???

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update,

the screenshots look great and August isn't too far away, I'm still having a blast with the i16!

Cheers

Sorry!

...a laywer "parked" me for being a "public enemy" in the "closed section of the funny farm" for 2 weeks! tell ya......this is the rim of hell!!!

Back on duty! Good news, developers! Keep'em comin', I am fine!

Yours

v. Greiff

"fight for yours rights!"

Edited by von_Greiff

Nice looking pit... Do you think we might be able to do skinnable pilots at some point..

BCBuffalo_0_zpsvg0c3dt9.jpg

I know it may seem like a small thing and while certainly not a show stopper, it really ups the immersion factor to be able to put your own face in your aircraft... 

• Upvote 7

Nice Mc.202 cockpit.

Just in case, in this Italian grip the top button is not MG trigger button, is the... brake button. :)

G_50.jpg

The weapons trigger is the big lever, and curiously have position for fire (Lancio) only the left (Sinistra) or only the right (Destra) or both (Tutte) machine guns. 

In the "other" il-2 G.50 this had wrong animation (inverted).
Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 2

Nice Mc.202 cockpit.

Just in case, in this Italian grip the top button is not MG trigger button, is the... brake button. :)

G_50.jpg

The weapons trigger is the big lever, and curiously have position for fire (Lancio) only the left (Sinistra) or only the right (Destra) or both (Tutte) machine guns. 

In the "other" il-2 G.50 this had wrong animation (inverted).

I kind of love that grip with all its knurled aluminium! I especially like what appears to be the bomb (safety, single and "tutte") sliding selector :cool: . I don't know why the designer chose to make the "plunger" the brake control... it should obviously be the bomb release!  :)  [edit- the gun selector, L/R/Both, is clearly so that you can make tighter turns by using the asymmetrical kickback ;)

Edited by DDCold_Gambler

I have some Italian friends...who are going to like this for sure....

wowo Macchi ready for pasta carbonara, love it!

Edited by 150GCT_Pan

The cockpit looks great, even better with your blurred background effect, well done, looking forward to taking up the Macchi!

Looking awesome, keep up the good work!

The cockpit looks great, even better with your blurred background effect, well done, looking forward to taking up the Macchi!

By "blurred background effect" you mean low resolution skin, right?

• Upvote 1

Whats the problem with that ? Its still a WIP...

[Edited] you guys like to bash everything, like we say here in my country, you guys are trying to find fur on eggs.

@topic:

Guess I'll have to buy the early acess when the Macchi gets out, its just a lovely plane! Keep the good work! :salute:  

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 1

Looks great. It'll be exciting trying out the Macchi. I expect that it'll be a very different experience, as the Ishak has already been.

Whats the problem with that ? Its still a WIP...

Jesus you guys like to bash everything, like we say here in my country, you guys are trying to find fur on eggs.

@topic:

Guess I'll have to buy the early acess when the Macchi gets out, its just a lovely plane! Keep the good work! :salute:  

I am aware it is a WIP... That is the point... I wasn't bashing anything so chill yourself.  :rolleyes:

I was clarifying my understanding of what Soren was saying since it appears he is under the misguided impression that there is some form of post-production in the image - there is no fancy DOF work or blur - just a low resolution skin...

Edited by Space_Ghost

Oh, alright then. Guess I misunderstood, I apologize.  :salute:

Really looking forward to the 110 and P40.

• Upvote 1

Oh, alright then. Guess I misunderstood, I apologize.  :salute:

Really looking forward to the 110 and P40.

The 110 is going to be sweet, that's for sure.

I'm sure the pits will be pretty wicked as well.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Btw: How awesome is that raised sight gonna be? Deflection shooting is gonna be a breeze, if we can actually see through most of the base of the gunsight.

I can't wait to fly the Mc.202. Its long been a favorite of mine.

I am aware it is a WIP... That is the point... I wasn't bashing anything so chill yourself.  :rolleyes:

I was clarifying my understanding of what Soren was saying since it appears he is under the misguided impression that there is some form of post-production in the image - there is no fancy DOF work or blur - just a low resolution skin...

Not misguided impression, they did blur the nose of the plane, you see it clearly in the first image. It is a nice effect which they used earlier as well. If it was just the resolution of the skin the prop and cowling outline would not be blurred.

PS no reason to be so aggressive in your postings. 

• Upvote 1

Looks great!

I believe he is referring to the depth of field in the the photos. 

Yup, that's it, even though I don't think it is a proper depth of field effect since the background tiling is blurred in some places but not in others, making me think they just manually blurred some areas, but I defer to your superior knowledge IIN8II...  :-)

(BTW, really liked your Medieval Engineers vid...)

That summer flying outfit is 10/10, special kudos for the leather jacket. Very well done!!!

Some colours need to be (must) changed but the Macchi cockpit is almost a perfect work. 

Congratulation guys, really. :friends: