TheElf-LW

Mission Editor Crashes

Has anyone experienced this?  I've recently had a rash of ME crashes that I cannot explain.  They began the other day and have reoccurred sooner and sooner after opening a mission and beginning work.  It's to the point now where I can work for maybe a minute and I get a CTD.

Thanks for the tips.  I Am still getting the crash but I've isolated it to when I am trying to link a series of vehicles to a complex trigger.  Prior to that the Editor seems stable.  I ran the reset editor settings command provided by the Devs, but no joy.  Later I will try the D3D fix though I get no messages to that end being the cause.

I used to happen to me when I tried mistakenly linked static objects

I used to happen to me when I tried mistakenly linked static objects

Hmm, it may be possible that is the issue but I am aware of the differences between static and linked...I'll have to check.

I can confirm the editor crash. Unfortunately, this time the reset editor settings cmd does not work.

FYI, I get a crash now and then when I switch between large missions, but it's generally stable for me.

Edited by JimTM

~S~ Fellas,

I'll key up here and say that using the Mission Editor is one of few reasons why I'm glad I've spent extra money on oem ram.

I have Windows 7 64-bit which, with a 4 slot mother board allows me to utilize up to the 16GB (4x4) that I put into my system.

Now then, most programs never go anywhere near needing that much ram.

Working with, or rendering, 3d objects is one of the areas where more, is definitely better (faster & more stable).

I certainly grin when I'm zooming in or out, at loading times, .etc, as RAM investment is absolutely beneficial to the long hours of work when Mission Writing.

Also, I have a modest 2GB Nvidia 660 video card, with appropriate oem P/S, using, most likely near, the latest drivers for it as well.

In short, RAM.

Good Hunting,

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

Edited by Jupp

Sneaksie

It turns out these errors may be caused by incorrect data stored by the Editor in Windows Registry. You can run this batch file to delete the editor registry branch - unzip it somewhere and double-click. You can also delete the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1SGS in the registry manually (don't accidentally delete its parent  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software though).

I solved the current editor crashed by deleting the  "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1CGS" registry

Edited by I/JG27_Zimmi
  • Upvote 1

All I would add is to avoid copy and pasting commands or objects. Seems like most of my crashes happen when I try to do that, so I avoid it and place objects from the menu on the right instead.

All I would add is to avoid copy and pasting commands or objects. Seems like most of my crashes happen when I try to do that, so I avoid it and place objects from the menu on the right instead.

I haven't had a problem with copying and pasting so far, but then I'm only creating small missions for research. I wonder if large missions are prone to this issue?

It is totally unacceptable they give us an editor that does not work? I have a great rig 32GB Ram GTX 1080 FTW and this game (Editor) is the ONLY one that crashes. I design huge scenarios in Arma 3 and do not have a single problem... I will be working in this editor and crash to the desktop! It is not a rare event, it is happening to multiple users so it is a design flaw (FIX IT) please! I can not even use the editor to do a Parking or Taxi on the runway... It says I am dead or something? When starting in air not problem and yes I have made sure the plane is not in the ground etc! It is a poor editor in the first place, and then on top of that...it does not work?

2 hours ago, Dennis_Ayers said:

It is totally unacceptable ... I can not even use the editor to do a Parking or Taxi on the runway... It says I am dead or something? When starting in air not problem and yes I have made sure the plane is not in the ground etc! It is a poor editor in the first place, and then on top of that...it does not work?

See the "Player Enters Plane and Is Kicked Out or Plane Is Destroyed or Goes Underground", on pg. 186 of the editor manual.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dennis_Ayers said:

Now I get this???

Start the game from the <path to Il-2 installation>\bin\game\Il-2.exe

On 6/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, Dennis_Ayers said:

Now I get this???

il-2Error.JPG

Go to Launcher.Exe (1C game Studios/ IL-2 Sturmovick Great Battles/ Bin/ game).
Right click Launcher.exe and select properties from drop down menu.
At bottom of Launcher Properties window, go to Attributes and deselected (Clear) Read only box.
Click Apply and then OK.
Launcher.exe should now work correctly.

Hello...Can I only use some planes in missions? If I change to a different plane (in the Mission editor) then load the mission... it comes up with a black screen (I have to ALT/CTRL DEL then Log out) The screen is completely black and can not log off any other way. It works fine for some aircraft then black screen for others? In the BOS Editor...The plane I was trying to use as a "player" in the mission was the he111h16. 

Posted (edited)

That 

51 minutes ago, Dennis_Ayers said:

Hello...Can I only use some planes in missions? If I change to a different plane (in the Mission editor) then load the mission... it comes up with a black screen (I have to ALT/CTRL DEL then Log out) The screen is completely black and can not log off any other way. It works fine for some aircraft then black screen for others? In the BOS Editor...The plane I was trying to use as a "player" in the mission was the he111h16. 

That particular aircraft is included with Battle of Kuban. I think you would need to purchase BOK to fly it. Usually the black screen on mission start occurs when you have started a mission with an aircraft you do not have access designated as the player aircraft.

There is a list of which aircraft come with each IL2 Great Battles version here;

https://il2sturmovik.com/about/#5

Edited by Jaegermeister