Latest build plus the 15.7/drivers installed by default with latest build are yeilding a very respectable performance increase. Not just in BoS, either. So far, everything I've tested has higher minimums and better scaling. No problems to report.

Little something to look forward to with windows 10. Release is almost here.

Great to hear! Please keep us updated on any further improvements as the release day counts down. I'll take any kind of improvements.

Latest build plus the 15.7/drivers installed by default with latest build are yeilding a very respectable performance increase. Not just in BoS, either. So far, everything I've tested has higher minimums and better scaling. No problems to report.

Little something to look forward to with windows 10. Release is almost here.

Performance increase compared to older versions of w10 or compared to w7?

Well,

1074 (a bad build in general) with this driver (a combination that AMD specifically says to avoid) yielded a little more single GPU performance than previous builds/combinations. Crossfire was also a little unhappy with that specific combination. The WDM 2.0 driver has been exhibiting gains here and there throughout the windows preview process, so I think this 'final unification' of sorts has brought in some significant changes.

Better performance than I got with 8.1 and the latest betas (at the time... 15.5 or something)/ ~ march release modded wdmn 2 branch for 8.1

You should be seeing gains in 8.1 due to 15.7 I would think. Should apply to a pretty big range of GPUs, but windows 10 is still likely going to provide a better environment, at least for this system. I really like the re-worked audio kernel, too. No more windows notification sounds with nasty compression, better control over sample and bit rates. It's good stuff.

Now, one tiny issue remains, but I know how to fix it. When you first load into the cockpit, you have to look around your plane to clear up a few initial frame drops. When I was running 8.1, moving the game data to SSD improved on the problem. Moving the game data to a ram drive pretty much took care of it entirely as far as I can remember. It also seemed to even out the frametime differences between heavy action and solo flight a bit. Maybe assets aren't being streamed in and out  with necessary preemptive buffer.  

Most games do not exhibit this sort of behavior, usually you only get improved loading times.  

So yeah, keep game data cache speed in mind, might be a little performance uplift available. Haven't run a ram drive on 10 yet, the experience I'm getting on a 7200 rpm is hard to complain about.

Edited by e345spd