Frequent_Flyer

Is there a mission editor " manual " ?

Hello All,

Looking for a simple mission editor guide? Would like to "roll my own " so to speak. The utube ROF video's aren't  user friendly relating to BOS.

Thanks in advance

I'm working on a big guide that (hopefully) will be simple. Researching and writing the guide is not simple though!   :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Agree....

Though I allready got the basics, a well written guide is higly welcomed.

Looking forward to i JimTM

Best regards

Finn Jacobsen

• Upvote 1

I am sure a good number of us are looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance

Count me in

You're very welcome all. I'm enjoying learning the details of the editor and documenting them.

Add me too...it's almost impossible to use the ME without a guide... Thanks a lot for your efforts Jim

In the meantime:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17721-prangsters-il-2-bos-mission-building-guide/

[For what it's worth: personally, I also found these excellent ROF tutorials really helpful to get me started with the basics too: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvN86qjIZV8&list=PL724688FAC76E4385 ]

Edited by No601_Swallow

Thanks a bunch for your work Jim. A good ME manual can't come soon enough!

You're welcome! Up to 230 pages so far, but still much research and writing to do to polish it off. It's a bit of a part-time/full-time job right now, depending on writing contracts that I get. I hope to have something out early in the new year. I may put it out there as a "beta release" and crowd-source the review and editing.

The links that Swallow mentions are great resources. Prangster's guide and Vander's videos have really helped me along in learning the editor.

Cheers!

Edited by JimTM
  • Upvote 1

I do have Prangster's guide. it is a great resource, and I am grateful to him for doing it. It has been many hours of learning fun. The ME is a real challenge, kinda like Trigonometry was for me years ago. LOL! (I actually had fun with that too)

You're welcome! Up to 230 pages so far, but still much research and writing to do to polish it off. It's a bit of a part-time/full-time job right now, depending on writing contracts that I get. I hope to have something out early in the new year. I may put it out there as a "beta release" and crowd-source the review and editing.

The links that Swallow mentions are great resources. Prangster's guide and Vander's videos have really helped me along in learning the editor.

Cheers!

Im sure your efforts will be very appreciated!

I agree that getting some feedback before publishing the final version is a good idea!