Mmaruda

I seem to have finally come to terms with BOS... some thoughts

Wow, nice manual, why wasn't this emphasised more? There was so much crap talk about no manual for that complex a game, yet nobody mentioned it was all fixed.

I have only the community to thank for detailed guides and explanation on every plane. Given the rather small playerbase, this is outstanding.

I am just bareley learning the ropes, throwing myself against the AI, but I get there and it is great. I was thinking of joining folks online, but maybe not quite yet, I still have lots to improve (aiming/landings).

Anyway, I am enjoying this game a lot!

Same boat. I'm ready to join folks online ... just as soon as I learn CEM, oh and consistent non-damaging landings, oh and no-GPS navigation. Real-life putting large breaks between when I get to fly doesn't help either (apparently I unlearned the Fw-190 take-off in my last break). One day though...

Real-life putting large breaks between when I get to fly doesn't help either...

I have to agree, I'd like to fly a lot more, too!

I don't think refunds were the answer either.. I think the devs did the right thing.. they stayed the course and here we are...

I disagree.  I bought a toaster (Dev Diary 21) and got a coffee maker.  If 1CGS had offered refunds at the point they knew they weren't going to honor Dev Diary 21 I would have taken one, posted a few times that I was disappointed in the new direction of BoS, and walked away.  I never went on and on in any forum about how I didn't like Wings of Prey because it was what it was and I didn't buy it after playing it at a friends house.

So you had two phenomenons with BoS EA customers in many instances.  First, the game didn't turn out like I had hoped...bummer.  Second, I've been duped...outrage.  Its that second one that hurt reviews much more than the first.  "Life is tough, get over it, read the fine print" didn't change customer perceptions about number two at all. 

I do wonder how many posts and how many words you will write on the subject of "the failure to honor Dev Diary 21" before you will eventually join the "the game didn't turn out like I had hoped...bummer " camp

I can only feel sorry for your keyboard and the many other companies and manufacturers in the world if this kind of disappointment at being 'duped' results in year long internet protests   :)

I can only suggest you continue to use the coffee maker part of the Toaster/coffee maker combo you bought, (which works quite well) and enjoy a nice cup  while pondering the possibilities that maybe the company will fix the toaster, and the sad realities of commercial restraint that caused your toaster to not live up to your early access expectations.

'tongue in cheek and not meant as a personal insult :cool: "

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 2

I do wonder how many posts and how many words you will write on the subject of "the failure to honor Dev Diary 21" before you will eventually join the "the game didn't turn out like I had hoped...bummer " camp

When I get a refund from 1CGS for $99 USD :)

• Upvote 1