Chaika is nice plane - and a legend. Hope that will in BoS/BoM soon. 

I really hope this will arrive in game at some stage :)

"I-153" in the BoS / BoM? Now I have no such purpose, I create a 3D model for the video, put the game out of curiosity))).

post-6720-0-49362500-1444036728_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

The I-153 is my favourite above all others in the original Il-2 series.  I'd dearly love to see it here one day.

Same for me too Feathered. We really MUST have it for the Barbarossa sequel in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

Salute!

Get this "White 91" I-16 skin here!

In real life, this was a Type 10 flown by Nikolay Ignatyev, 728th IAP, in the Kalinin area of activity, during the winter of 1942 - 1943.

"White 91" wears a non-standard camouflage scheme under a rather unique coat of winter distemper. The green-on-green scheme on this airframe appears to have been applied during one of the Soviet air force's proof of concept trials and seems to have been kept as is. During the trials, it was found to be rather effective for ground concealment, but due to shortages and more-pressing priorities, it was determined that delivering massive quantities of the paints needed to effect the changes throughout the VVS would have taken too many resources away from other war efforts.

Note also that the actual aircraft had its landing gear covers removed at some point and appeared to have been flown in that condition. The wheels were over-painted with the same white distemper that was applied to other parts of the aircraft, and the spinner-hub is suspected to have been left in the same blue as the belly of the airframe. I attempted to remove the main gear covers by manipulating the alpha channel, but this model retains the inner portions, as well as the wheels and tires, so this skinning effort gets to keep its main gear covers. ;)            

I16Type24_White91-a.png

I16Type24_White91-b.png

I16Type24_White91-c.png

I16Type24_White91-d.png

Enjoy!

• Upvote 9

nr4_sum.jpg

nr4_win.jpg

nr5_sum.jpg

nr5_win.jpg

nr77_sum.jpg

nr77_win.jpg

nr18_sum.jpg

nr18_win.jpg

Errors))):

post-6720-0-72085700-1447731676_thumb.jpg

Волк в овечьей шкуре

post-6720-0-46619400-1447731743_thumb.jpg

Сам наварил, сам и кушай! This expression does not occur even in the literature, more precisely described as ... Сам заварил кашу? Сам и расхлёбывай! It is also very rare expression, but is sometimes used

Сам наварил, сам и кушай! This expression does not occur even in the literature, more precisely described as ... Сам заварил кашу? Сам и расхлёбывай! It is also very rare expression, but is sometimes used

Thanx mate :D As a non-speaking Russian  I thought it would be cool not to have Soviet propaganda but rather interesting Russian Proverbs.... I have NO clue if they are decent or not.. found them online :D

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanx mate :D As a non-speaking Russian  I thought it would be cool not to have Soviet propaganda but rather interesting Russian Proverbs.... I have NO clue if they are decent or not.. found them online :D

These proverbs contain Soviet propaganda. Their age several centuries. And there is nothing indecent. Thank you for your work on I-16.

• 3 weeks later...

145th IAP, 14th Army Air Force,  CO of 2nd Sqn, L.A.Galchenko, Shogui airfield.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafire.com/?5uq7xt2rx2qx6po

1_34_b1.jpg

2015_12_27_10_17_9.jpg

CO of 69th IAP Lev Shestakov. Odessa, Summer 1941

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafire.com/?33xnylx3b03spbh

1_75_b2.jpg

2015_12_27_10_7_2.jpg

122nd IAP Serg.Kalugin Fedor Zakharovich. Summer 1941

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vel44cpdm3t5ho6/I16Type24_122IAP_Zakharovich.dds

1_61.jpg

2015_12_27_10_19_7.jpg

• Upvote 8

These skins are a work of art, Reflected :good: I like the choice of aircraft specifically Galchenko and Shestakov because you always see their special Lavochkins represented but their Ishaks usually go missing.

145 IAP received some new MiG-3s in July and operated them along with I-16s and LaGG-3s until 1942, I can't seem to find a profile or photo though but I thought you'd be interested :)

I just went by my interpretation of the black and white photo. Look closely at the wing tips and you'll see a glossy area with a defined line of color separation. The green looks matte and not glossy. Now look at my tail interpretation and where I colored it red and look at the photo reference. Do you have other real photos I can use?

Edited by 6./ZG1=SPEKTRE76

Thank you Baron I will consider that information. Here was my interpretation. You can clearly see the wing tips are glossy from the ailerons out to the tips. It makes no sense for it to be green to me. The tail has the same shade and is also glossy but masked off as you see. The nose cowling is also glossy but just a bit darker that the green area which led me to believe it was black. I'm going to keep searching around and find more and more info.    :salute:

post-12904-0-31965800-1452191322_thumb.jpg

or  (most likely this one) below

post-12904-0-80460800-1452191601_thumb.jpg

Upon further analysis of Baron recommendations; There was no red oh his plane.

post-12904-0-87058100-1452213820_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

Snr LT. Surzhenko`s White 13 of the 72nd SAP, Northern Fleet, September 1942 ---   v1.5

• Reworked alpha channel to have metal panels be more glossy that wood areas.
  • Added starboard side personal slogan that was missing

Wrong text on this side

post-12904-0-99078600-1452467491_thumb.jpg

post-12904-0-56474400-1452467490_thumb.jpg

DOWNLOAD: UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR CORRECTIONS

• Upvote 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Obelix your skins are beautiful but this is a tease and post the links for the downloads if you want to share them.  Please there are also better downloads site than Mediafire .. super annoying.

Edited by GOZR
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First time I'm getting my hands on this little bugger. I know it might seem absurd but after flying it for a while I got the idea for it and couldn't help myself but puting it into practise (I seriously can't tell what was riding my mind, maybe some wishfull PTO scenario thinking..).

Anyway, it kind of suits the I-16 suprisingly.
W5ebpTQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Snr LT. Surzhenko`s White 13 of the 72nd SAP, Northern Fleet, September 1942 ---   v1.5

• Reworked alpha channel to have metal panels be more glossy that wood areas.
  • Added starboard side personal slogan that was missing

Wrong text on this side

attachicon.gif2016_1_10__23_1_56.jpg

attachicon.gif2016_1_10__23_0_50.jpg

DOWNLOAD: UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR CORRECTIONS

Can someone be so kinds as to tell me again what is wrong with this plane. I forgot and I do not have the PM anymore. It was about the text on the starboard side being incorrect.

• 4 weeks later...