Photo

WINGS OF LIBERTY - subject for questions and offers

• Please log in to reply
2207 replies to this topic

#1 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 12 July 2015 - 21:51

Hi guys. I am the administrator of the server freedom Wings. In this topic you can ask questions about the server. My English isn't really good. I will answer as I will be able. I will be helped in this case by 

rizer

At the moment on the server there are some cards

1 Work on the purposes - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets 

2 Velikiye Luki - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets 

3 Operation Velikiye Luki - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets 

4 The railroad - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets 

5 War for filda - a victory on the card by occupation of airfields of the opponent after destruction belonging to them is more whole.

6 Mamayev Kurgan - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets 

7 The saboteur - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets. Besides it is possible to bring a victory by skyjack of the opponent (a chitayeyta a brief)

8 Air bridge - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets. On the card there are bots of Ju52. Besides the victory can be carried out by moving columns of tanks.

the server is connected to http://www .il2.info/monitor#

Edited by =RF-WL=GAGARIN, 12 July 2015 - 21:51.

#2 MarcAnton

MarcAnton

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:37

At first i'd like to say Thank you for the server, as it seems to be the ONLY semi "full-real server" at this planet where people play BoS (one could say "the horse is dead" ... but that's another story )  :unsure:

First question: is it possible to deactivate the GPS on server-side to make it fully "full-real" ?  ;)

Core i5 3570K @ 4,5Ghz, 8GB DDR3, Palit-GTX970 Sonic OC, SSD/HDD, TrackIr5, HOTAS Warthog + Pedals

#3 Rizer

Rizer

Posted 13 July 2015 - 15:08

First question: is it possible to deactivate the GPS on server-side to make it fully "full-real" ?

No, not exactly in the near future.

We had a server -DED- Expert without GPS with same maps setup, but it was empty all the time.

For now it's turned off.

Edited by rizer, 13 July 2015 - 15:09.

#4 Emil_Junus

Emil_Junus

Posted 26 July 2015 - 17:30

Do you guys also need help with translation (into german)? (=

#5 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:37

Do you guys also need help with translation (into german)? (=

Sure! All of our mission through an interpreter translated https: //translate.google.ru English German and Polish. But ... we are not sure that the correct translation

#6 Emil_Junus

Emil_Junus

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:49

You've got mail.

#7 =TBAS=Capt_Yorkshire

=TBAS=Capt_Yorkshire

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:44

Hello just a quick question last night me and a friend could not join your server it had 44 players in . any ideas why ? thank you 

#8 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:37

Hello just a quick question last night me and a friend could not join your server it had 44 players in . any ideas why ? thank you 

Server crashed yesterday at 44 players. I had to reboot. If the problem persists, please attach a screenshot of the error

#9 Reflected

Reflected
  • Founder

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:45

Yesterday I strafed a parked Pe-2 on the Soviet airfield with a 109. It exploded, then I got a penalty for firing at a friendly, and no credit for the ground kill.

"Courage is our leader, Luck is our wingman" // "Vezérünk a bátorság, kísérőnk a szerencse"

http://facebook.com/greggalemusic

#10 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:12

Yesterday I strafed a parked Pe-2 on the Soviet airfield with a 109. It exploded, then I got a penalty for firing at a friendly, and no credit for the ground kill.

Say the name of the card, and the aerodrome where it happened

#11 Reflected

Reflected
  • Founder

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:27

I wish I knew...it was the Stalingrad map, but not near the city. There was a blue and a red airfield at the North edge of the battle zone, I took off from the former, strafed the latter.

"Courage is our leader, Luck is our wingman" // "Vezérünk a bátorság, kísérőnk a szerencse"

#12 VBF-12_Stick-95

VBF-12_Stick-95
  • Founder

Posted 13 August 2015 - 23:25

Does Wings of Liberty have their own public Teamspeak server?

It's only a game...  It's only a game...  It's only a... damn it.

New system 08/16 - i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, GTX1070SC ACX 3.0 8GB, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, ASUS Z170-A ATX mobo, Windows 10

30284612591_3787866a3c_m.jpg   PACIFIC THEATER  29752931474_6ac9ec5dd3_m.jpg

#13 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:11

Does Wings of Liberty have their own public Teamspeak server?

Yes.  95.31.30.132 

#14 Reflected

Reflected
  • Founder

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:37

Would it be possible to have an airstart option for heavy bombers? It takes 20-30 minutes to climb to safe altitude, and often the mission is over before that. It would encourage people to fly them and go for the objective instead of lone wolfing in Yaks and 109s.

Thanks!

#15 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 24 August 2015 - 18:35

Online stats get started!

;)

DEDICATED SERVER
WINGS OF LIBERTY - EXPERT

http://il2stat.avias...008/en/players/

Edited by =RF-WL=GAGARIN, 24 August 2015 - 18:35.

#16 Y-29.Silky

Y-29.Silky
  • Founder

Posted 03 September 2015 - 19:32

7 The saboteur - a victory by destruction of stationary and moving targets. Besides it is possible to bring a victory by skyjack of the opponent (a chitayeyta a brief)

How does this work? I've only seen it completed a couple times.

A friend and I located the saboteur, we landed on the road with I-16's and no damage, briefing says saboteur takes 10 minutes but nothing happened. It didn't do anything.

Is there a certain aircraft you have to land with? 

Also are you guys planning to upgrade soon? ... 

dMy8nbah.png?1

:D

Edited by Y-29.Silky, 03 September 2015 - 19:33.

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you.

#17 RedEye_Tumu

RedEye_Tumu
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:17

Silky mision you mean runs well....

look the grey airfield  2 or 3 squares over land zone, after 10 minuts landed saboteur, this airfield turns active ( airfield turns active ) 

and it takes ten minutes to arrive.

When saboteur its ready, you are allowed to take off from new active base... the objective is steal a H-111 ( i think are 3 units avaliable ) 

You only need land one stolen aircraft in any friendly base and you win.

Good luck!

#18 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:30

How does this work? I've only seen it completed a couple times.

A friend and I located the saboteur, we landed on the road with I-16's and no damage, briefing says saboteur takes 10 minutes but nothing happened. It didn't do anything.

Is there a certain aircraft you have to land with? 

Also are you guys planning to upgrade soon? ... 

:D

Hi. This test mode. Developers are trying to optimize the game. Possible future 100 pilots will be available for all servers.

Map saboteur. To start you need to take action on any plane VVS RKKA. After 5 minutes, it will be captured airfield from which it is necessary to hijack a plane. After 15 minutes, it is on it will start firing. The machine will not travel. The new version of the card. I will correct this description is in the brief. I Forgot. Sorry

#19 I./JG1_Baron

I./JG1_Baron
  • Tester

Posted 04 September 2015 - 14:23

Online stats get started!

;)

DEDICATED SERVER
WINGS OF LIBERTY - EXPERT

http://il2stat.avias...008/en/players/

Wohoo! Super!

I,/JG1 "OESAU".................................JG1 "Richthofen" - JASTA 6

http://jg1.org uJaxbk.gifhttp://jasta6.freeforums.org/

#20 Sokol1

Sokol1
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2015 - 19:00

When saboteur its ready, you are allowed to take off from new active base... the objective is steal a H-111 ( i think are 3 units avaliable ) 

You only need land one stolen aircraft in any friendly base and you win.

Will be funny stolen that enemy plane and end shoot down latter by your own side trying landing in a friendly base. :)

... guns were too quiet when engine is running and speed is high, and there was no "immersion of fire and metal storm in 2 meters aside of me"

#21 Y-29.Silky

Y-29.Silky
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2015 - 22:47

Will be funny stolen that enemy plane and end shoot down latter by your own side trying landing in a friendly base. :)

I actually flew the captured aircraft as Russia, it was a Bf-109 with no ammo. I was landing it at the friendly airbase but an La-5 shot me down when I was 10m from landing on the runway!  :lol:

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you.

#22 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann
  • Tester

Posted 05 September 2015 - 21:33

Can we Try switching off GPS for the Summer Maps, since they should be easier to navigate even for the lazy ones?

The No GPS Server on Velvie Vluki only had one Mission and was still successful. It simply got boring after some time and that's when people stopped playin on it.

Splitting the Servers with one that's always full, the other one always empty, many people simply aren't going to know and will want to play on the reliably full Server. Sometimes you simply have to throw people in the cold water for them to start swimming.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ibO1QHRQQE

Edited by -FDFHQ-Klaus_Mann, 05 September 2015 - 21:36.

9dNzTpe.jpg
2iW21Np.jpg

#23 JG4_dingsda

JG4_dingsda
  • Founder

Posted 11 September 2015 - 18:21

Dear Wings-of-Liberty-Team,

first of all: Thank you for all the efforts and the work that you put into hosting the server. I appreciate that a lot. :)

Now what this post is about:

I don't know whether you do the IL2 stats page too. This here: http://il2stat.avias...21/JG4_dingsda/(Yes, I know that I suck. :blush:). 

If you do, I have a problem with the way the statspage is done: I really do resent having put my screenname next to a swastika. So

1) maybe you can indicate the side a pilot is flying for without this symbol? That would be best; I would still be able to fly on your server and had the nice stats. (This proposal is why I put my concerns here, instead of writing a pm)

2) If you don't want to do that (it is your server after all): Could you exclude me from the stats when I fly? This would be second best: I still could fly on the server for the blue team without being 'flagged'.

3) If you can't or don't want to do that: Could you delete me from the stats alltogether and I would not fly again. This way I won't appear again with a swastika beside my screenname ... I would be sad not being able to fly on your server again, but this is important to me... :(

Again: Thank you for your efforts. Greetings,

dingsda :)

Edited by JG4_dingsda, 11 September 2015 - 18:23.

„Jede Nation spottet über die andere, und alle haben recht.“ -- A.S.

#24 itsm

itsm
  • Founder

Posted 13 September 2015 - 00:49

kann ich im flug die karte anwählen mit welchen buchstaben. :wacko:

#25 JG4_dingsda

JG4_dingsda
  • Founder

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:03

kann ich im flug die karte anwählen mit welchen buchstaben. :wacko:

The serversettings do not allow for a minimap, but you can bring up the briefing with -- if I recollect the default correctly -- 'o'.

(Das ist übrigens der englischsprachige Teil des Forums. ;) )   

#26 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 13 September 2015 - 21:09

Dear Wings-of-Liberty-Team,

first of all: Thank you for all the efforts and the work that you put into hosting the server. I appreciate that a lot. :)

Now what this post is about:

I don't know whether you do the IL2 stats page too. This here: http://il2stat.avias...21/JG4_dingsda/(Yes, I know that I suck. :blush:). 

If you do, I have a problem with the way the statspage is done: I really do resent having put my screenname next to a swastika. So

1) maybe you can indicate the side a pilot is flying for without this symbol? That would be best; I would still be able to fly on your server and had the nice stats. (This proposal is why I put my concerns here, instead of writing a pm)

2) If you don't want to do that (it is your server after all): Could you exclude me from the stats when I fly? This would be second best: I still could fly on the server for the blue team without being 'flagged'.

3) If you can't or don't want to do that: Could you delete me from the stats alltogether and I would not fly again. This way I won't appear again with a swastika beside my screenname ... I would be sad not being able to fly on your server again, but this is important to me... :(

Again: Thank you for your efforts. Greetings,

dingsda :)

http://il2stat.avias...21/JG4_dingsda/

Profile is hidden.

#27 JG4_dingsda

JG4_dingsda
  • Founder

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:01

http://il2stat.avias...21/JG4_dingsda/Profile is hidden.

Thank you, Vaal. :) Maybe you'll decide against the Hakenkreuz somewhere in the future, so my inability can be made public again.  :) 

#28 SYN_GD

SYN_GD
  • Founder

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:31

Thank you, Vaal. :) Maybe you'll decide against the Hakenkreuz somewhere in the future, so my inability can be made public again.  :)

Full agree with you +++1

Win 10, I7-4790K @4.8MHz ,Asus Z97 MARK S ,16GB Ram@2400MHz ,Zotac GTX 980 ti AMP!Extreme 6GB, Acer Predator XB280HK G-Sync, Warthog with extension,MFG Crosswind Pedals,G910-Logitech Keyboard,Track IR 5 :biggrin:

and now with Oculus Rift in air...

#29 5./ZG1_WTornado

5./ZG1_WTornado
  • Founder

Posted 18 September 2015 - 14:18

I wish there was a North American version of this server.

It sucks to fly for 30-40mins in a bomber to be ejected for who knows why.

Wish we had it here in NA.

Very nice server/missions/pilots.

Success flourishes only in perseverance — ceaseless, restless perseverance.

Baron Manfred von Richthofen

#30 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:27

I wish there was a North American version of this server.

It sucks to fly for 30-40mins in a bomber to be ejected for who knows why.

Wish we had it here in NA.

Very nice server/missions/pilots.

It's not just you, myself and a few other people are suffering from this and I personally have a relatively low ping to the server and very high speed internet so the issue is probably not with the end user.

Also it's appreciated that someone takes the time to make missions and host them but please is there any chance you can do something to make the missions last longer, these maps can be rotated in 1 hour if not less and having flown 'prime time' for the last two weeks it just seems 80% of the time I join the server my flight is cut short by the mission ending and server restarting. How about spawning in new targets as they get destroyed and trying to make the mission last for 3-4 hours at a time instead?

#31 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:59

Today, September 22, from 21.30 to 23.30 "Wings of Freedom" will be disabled for testing maximum allowable load .

Testing will be done on the server under the working title DED-1CGS-WL-Test Asking all pilots to gather on this server to support testing.

Edited by =RF-WL=GAGARIN, 22 September 2015 - 11:05.

#32 =LG=Leutnant_Artur

=LG=Leutnant_Artur

Posted 23 September 2015 - 23:17

Can anyone tell me why there are no blackouts in this server ? Why its turned off ?

#33 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:17

Can anyone tell me why there are no blackouts in this server ? Why its turned off ?

There are no blackouts in this game period...it's a bug waiting to be fixed

#34 =LG=Leutnant_Artur

=LG=Leutnant_Artur

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:54

Are you sure ? I was flying on a duel server and there was blackouts.

#35 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:42

Are you sure ? I was flying on a duel server and there was blackouts.

I haven't seen blackouts or redouts for ages, try it in QMB.

There was a response from Jason on this subject and he said they would try to fix it in the next update which hopefully will bring the P-40 next week or the week after :)

#36 III./ZG1_Winger

III./ZG1_Winger
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:33

Thanks for all your work and for hosting the server. Forgive me if this has been said before since i got no time to read the whole thread. Here are some concerns wich i think could greatly improve the experience on your server.

1. Missionbriefings in english language. This is really important to actually know what to do in the first plance. Sadly cyrillic isnt very wide spread in the western world.

2. More maps with some airtargets as goals. I mean everyone knows that the russian side has currently the better external preconditions to win a pure fight for destroying groundtargets. So please at least on some maps give us oportunity to shoot some bombers.

Thanks again for hosting the server. Its every time a great experience to fly there.

Winger

"The release date (of the rift) will NOT be measured in multiples of years from now" Palmer Luckey at GDC in October 2013

#37 REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN

REDFOX-WL-GAGARIN
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:56

Thanks for all your work and for hosting the server. Forgive me if this has been said before since i got no time to read the whole thread. Here are some concerns wich i think could greatly improve the experience on your server.

1. Missionbriefings in english language. This is really important to actually know what to do in the first plance. Sadly cyrillic isnt very wide spread in the western world.

2. More maps with some airtargets as goals. I mean everyone knows that the russian side has currently the better external preconditions to win a pure fight for destroying groundtargets. So please at least on some maps give us oportunity to shoot some bombers.

Thanks again for hosting the server. Its every time a great experience to fly there.

Winger

Thank you for your participation and suggestions. We are doing everything to make the game more interesting. Optimizing old maps and making new ones. Hopefully soon we will add summer and launch vehicles;)
The problem with the brief and now we know it decide. In the near future translation finish. Write something if you do not understand. I will answer as I can. Just be sure to specify the name of the card. They have a lot.
What air targets you need? Describe how you represent.

Edited by =RF-WL=GAGARIN, 24 September 2015 - 12:57.

#38 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2015 - 14:54

GAGARIN

Could you consider doing something to make these maps take longer before they rotate? In the evening time (Euro time) they can be 'won' after 1 hour which means people who are bombing never get to land their aircraft and many times they restart before we get to drop our bombs so we have to wait until the server restarts before we can fly.

Maybe spawning in new targets as they get destroyed?

#39 Maxyman

Maxyman
  • Founder

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:40

If a native speaker is interested in reviewing the briefings, could you please send me a PM?

#40 III./ZG1_Winger

III./ZG1_Winger
  • Founder

Posted 25 September 2015 - 14:23

Thank you for your participation and suggestions. We are doing everything to make the game more interesting. Optimizing old maps and making new ones. Hopefully soon we will add summer and launch vehicles;)
The problem with the brief and now we know it decide. In the near future translation finish. Write something if you do not understand. I will answer as I can. Just be sure to specify the name of the card. They have a lot.
What air targets you need? Describe how you represent.

I would love to kill some PE-2. There is one map in wich the russians have to shoot a huge group of JU52 that are on their way to the northeast. I have great fun with this one when trying to defend the 52ers.

If we would have an equivalent map in wich germans have to shoot PE2 that would be awesome.

As for the breifing. Sometimes if there are moving targets i dont exactly know where they are going and when they go there. There are ingame messages at the top of the screen but i cant read any of them. This also makes it hard to identify if the message is positive or negative. I always have to look at the sector and subsector that appears in the message and then check the map wich side target this is.

If you already work on the translations thats great. Looking forward.

Also does anyone know when there will be global official statistics be added to the expert servers? I think getting points for destroying targets would be a nice incentive and people, especially on the german side, possibly would start to shoot more groundtargets since the points are a good motivation.

I know everyone says "i dont care for stats". But if you ask me everone likes to see his name standing up high on the lists:)

"The release date (of the rift) will NOT be measured in multiples of years from now" Palmer Luckey at GDC in October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users