jetsimace

Help/tweak for level bombing requested ("automatic finetuning" for wind-drift compensation)

Hi all,

when level bombin in a He-111 using the bombsight interface I almost never hit the target. Despite having set all parameters and dials properly, the crosshair over the target still moves a bit on the ground. Also the two contrentrical circles indicating the bomb's impact point is never over the target when the bombs are being released in automatic mode.

I guess the reason is that the dials cannot be fine-tuned enough to fully compensate the wind drift.

Hitting the target precisely is especially important if you have small bombs with a small impact area only.

It would be great to get an "automatic finetuning" ability (by pressing a button) that could be acitvated only e.g. when all dials are set within a certain threshold of the target parameters.

Any comments?

I gave up trying to learn level bombing for the time being because of this (for some reason it's a lot easier in RoF, I dunno why?)

I think a couple of fine tuning dials would be a great addition, since we aren't getting historically accurate bomb sights anyway.

+1 from me.

Edited by Finkeren

There were a couple of issues with the bombsights that were not fixed in time for this latest patch but are planned to be fixed for the next one.

There were a couple of issues with the bombsights that were not fixed in time for this latest patch but are planned to be fixed for the next one.

GREAT NEWS!! Thanks!

:salute:

Fabio