=38=Tatarenko

I-16 - first thoughts

She could fly even without a pilot!

559db0745a153.jpg

559db0a8eeffe.jpg

Edited by Obelix

It is simply because you are not able to enter the cockpit (size problem) .....................

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

No need to touch mixture lever below 4k.Supercharger at 2nd stage can keep optimum air/fuel mixture up to that altitude.

Having flown against it last night It definitely is a hand full the way it changes direction is superb BUT I have now noticed if you dummy attack Two or Three times and go into a slight yo yo each time it is easily picked off due to loss of energy  you can easily get a Full top exposure shot while its turning slow

and when I overshot I just came back down as it didn't have the speed to climb with me

as for it having a height advantage I have not yet dealt with it yet so only time will tell I would suspect that perhaps it would be slightly unstable in a dive at high speed but who knows

Having flown against it last night It definitely is a hand full the way it changes direction is superb BUT I have now noticed if you dummy attack Two or Three times and go into a slight yo yo each time it is easily picked off due to loss of energy  you can easily get a Full top exposure shot while its turning slow

and when I overshot I just came back down as it didn't have the speed to climb with me

as for it having a height advantage I have not yet dealt with it yet so only time will tell I would suspect that perhaps it would be slightly unstable in a dive at high speed but who knows

Proper BnZ and they dont stand a chance. At least in a one on one.

Edited by VSG1_Winger

LOVE THIS!!! Flying is fun again :)

11707982_10153149790959132_6997528394669

+1 never imagined that ugly beast would be so much fun

Tata, next time why fly together we should try to survive at least 5 min ;)

Edited by PatrickShiva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLA2Q6ecRI&feature=youtu.be

DED Expert Server , 8/7/15 , I had some great fun in Ishak.

Salute Winger, Leaf, AeroACE and Custard.

Some great fights.

dobra muzika  :biggrin:

btw, imagine how nice "dancing" will be once we get emil which has better turning capabilities than later, heavier messers..and very powerful cannons...

Edited by blackram_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLA2Q6ecRI&feature=youtu.be

DED Expert Server , 8/7/15 , I had some great fun in Ishak.

Salute Winger, Leaf, AeroACE and Custard.

Some great fights.

S! to you as well. I hope the Expert DED gets much more crowded. I dont get why so many people fly on the normal one.

I hate that radaricons.

all the guys flying on DED Normal. Come to the expert. Its far more fun and less arcade.

EDIT: Oh an double points!!:)

Edited by VSG1_Winger

S! to you as well. I hope the Expert DED gets much more crowded. I dont get why so many people fly on the normal one.

I hate that radaricons.

all the guys flying on DED Normal. Come to the expert. Its far more fun and less arcade.

Since your mentioning...would be cool to have "advanced normal" server without icons....hmm

Actually managed to shoot someone down with just the machine guns last night. Dived on a climbing 190 and got a nice long burst into his engine, sent him down in smoke  :cool:  Might stick with just the machine guns, I like the extra ammo. Anyone know the speed penalty for taking the cannons?  :huh:

I hope the Expert DED gets much more crowded. I dont get why so many people fly on the normal one.

I hate that radaricons.

EDIT: Oh an double points!! :)

Agree completely.  

@ Great little video Banzai.  :salute:

Have to say, I´m very happy that I preordered BoM. Ishak is superb. It´s great flying this ugly fat beast. Today I shut down my first Bf 109 on this little bumblebee... Now waiting for Mig. Thanks Devs. For the Motherland. S. 

Thanks all for kind words , N8 or Pauk I am not , but I do enjoy putting few clips together now and then.

As for having more players on Expert server , it would be great , but last time it happened Wings of Liberty server was down , that's why we had so much traffic on DED Expert.

Icons on seems to be favorite way to play for some reason , it was and still is the same in RoF .

It's a pity because I always preferred Expert servers , like Fast Food in RoF.

All their engine sounds are pretty lackluster . I've hear much better more authentic sounds on the Il2 1946 hsfx .  We need some deep base  real sounding engines instead of these half hearted attempts . Not slagging the sim , I just hope for more improvements including the sound department ..

Edited by pencon
  • Upvote 1

Ishak is just plain fun! Nicely modeled torque/p-factor etc. for this light aircraft with a relatively powerful engine, nice stall characteristics (drops a wing, try the falling leaf maneuver:)), great response to the power and flight controls, easy to control when landing.

I'm surprised it does not have any tendency to ground loop after touchdown.

Suggestion: In real world, the pilot would have held the stick with his left hand while he was cranking the gear down with his right hand. In game, I just hit G once, and keep the stick in my right hand. That's not realistic. It would be better if the gear were modeled like the manual flap - you got to keep your finger on the G key until the gear is all the way down and locked. Only then can you release your hand and take care of your next problem - lowering the flaps :)

Finally got around to try it out, and it is a lot of fun. No where near as easy and over-forgiving as I was lead to believe. Still, very pleasant flight characteristics, very good sustained turn, superb roll rate and awesome view from the cockpit (though not of the dashboard)

It feels like the devs pretty much nailed it with this one. We've got by far the nimblest fighter of the entire sim that can do stunts that the heavier, more powerful planes can only dream of, but it is far, far too slow to be an effective fighter against a determined opponent and it is close to a death trap when operating as an interceptor with its low speed and the fact that the big engine block presents such a compelling target for the gunners.

In a 1 vs 1 duel against AI it is a sure winner, but as soon as you put two full flights against one another, the Ishak is in trouble. I find, that the Bf 109 G2 is actually a more dangerous opponent, because the AI flies it more carefully and energy conservative, which leaves the I-16s lagging hopelessly behind and open to an ambush. I tried pitting 4 AI I-16s against 2 Bf 109G2s (I flew a single Yak and stayed away from the fight to let the AI fight it out. The Messers made short work of the Ratas in a matter of minutes.

Ground pounding is tons of fun in this aircraft, but it is also highly dangerous. With your low speed you present a very juicy target and you have none of the ruggedness of the IL-2 to withstand even small caliber AAA.

All things considered: This will never become a favourite plane of mine, but is really well modelled in all aspects and is a truly iconic aircraft that deserves its reputation as one of the best inter-war fighters.

• Upvote 2

Anyone know how to get the iron sights to work?

They pop up automatically if your gunsight is damaged

They pop up automatically if your gunsight is damaged

I always wondered that. I have never had gunsight damage, seems pretty rare.

I always wondered that. I have never had gunsight damage, seems pretty rare.

Would make sense as well. Just think about how little space the gunsight takes out of the total aircraft. I'd wager that more gunsights were damaged by the pilots head during rough landings than by enemy fire.

Back during the first couple of months of BoS early access gunsight damage was extremely common and happened nearly everytime your plane was hit. It was particularly bad in the LaGG-3 (though, since we only had the LaGG and Bf 109F4 at the time, it might just have been that the LaGG got hit more often)

The first change to the DM was specifically to tone down the amount and frequency of in-cockpit damage.

Edited by Finkeren

Would make sense as well. Just think about how little space the gunsight takes out of the total aircraft. I'd wager that more gunsights were damaged by the pilots head during rough landings than by enemy fire.

Back during the first couple of months of BoS early access gunsight damage was extremely common and happened nearly everytime your plane was hit. It was particularly bad in the LaGG-3 (though, since we only had the LaGG and Bf 109F4 at the time, it might just have been that the LaGG got hit more often)

The first change to the DM was specifically to tone down the amount and frequency of in-cockpit damage.

DM is pretty much spot on now. Cockpit damage was greatly exaggerated in EA. Now that you mentioned it I remember seen gunsight damage back those days.

Suggestion: In real world, the pilot would have held the stick with his left hand while he was cranking the gear down with his right hand. In game, I just hit G once, and keep the stick in my right hand. That's not realistic. It would be better if the gear were modeled like the manual flap - you got to keep your finger on the G key until the gear is all the way down and locked. Only then can you release your hand and take care of your next problem - lowering the flaps :)

I second that suggestion, but it should also be implemented for other controls that work slowly, the 109 flaps come to mind.

I second that suggestion, but it should also be implemented for other controls that work slowly, the 109 flaps come to mind.

Not sure if I misunderstood you Freyci, but isn't that exactly how the 109s flaps work now?

DM is pretty much spot on now. Cockpit damage was greatly exaggerated in EA. Now that you mentioned it I remember seen gunsight damage back those days.

I actually got a busted gunsight in the I-16 last night, and as advertised the iron sight swung in to take its place. Mighty convenient that you don't have to switch head position to look down the sights.

The landing gear is easily simulated. When I push the gear down (or gear up) button, I hold the stick in my left hand and the right hand does nothing. I fly that way until the gear is fully deployed/retracted. Same with the flaps on ME109 and on Rata, right hand stick, left hand nothing until flaps are fully deployed/retracted. It just needs some self control not to adjust anything while flying.

Be sure?

Be sure!

Btw Feathered: I love the yellowish tone of the white on that skin.

Damn guys... I promised myself not to spend money on BOM yet. And look what you did! Now I have two badges under my profile pic just because of this thread.