Sign in to follow this  
SharpeXB

Intel Core i7-6700K - Benchmark & CPU Comparison

Performance for the new Skylake i7-6700K

About a 10% increase over the last generation which is about as expected I suppose.

I assume the good single core performance here would make this a good CPU for BoS and other flight sims.

http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-intel_core_i7_6700k-518

Edited by SharpeXB

Performance for the new Skylake i7-6700K

About a 10% increase over the last generation which is about as expected I suppose.

I assume the good single core performance here would make this a good CPU for BoS and other flight sims.

http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-intel_core_i7_6700k-518

You know whats funny? An old i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4Ghz on stock voltage would give you almost the same speed in BOS and other CPU hungry games.

You know whats funny? An old i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4Ghz on stock voltage would give you almost the same speed in BOS and other CPU hungry games.

That's what I was wondering as well, is there any reason to get an i7 yet? Great for encoding videos etc and the day there is a benefit in flight sims I'll probably get one.

Oh yeah, over clocking is the way to go. My old 3770K scored at the top of those tests right up with the 4790K stock. But my chip oc got unstable and now at stock 3.5Ghz it suffers pretty bad. So it's time for a replacement. Of course the 6770K can be overclocked as well so it will be interesting to see how that performs.

Yeah, new extensions that aren't utilized by the majority of software and smaller processes that have less physical surface area to dissipate heat can have limited real-world value. Aside from efficiency, of course.

At this time, Intel has no incentive to release significantly greater compute performance for anything less than an exorbitant amount of money. Their best, highest overall compute performance work doesn't even apply 99.99% of games (a higher count of slower cores from xeon), the software still isn't capable.

It's really an annoying time for x86. 

Edited by e345spd

Well they don't really have any competition, so no reason to really innovate or push the limits.

My i7 2600K still kicks butt at a mild 4.5 OC.