Sign in to follow this  
[Pb]Cybermat47

Man's Best Friend

A few days ago, one of my Dogs, named Jess, had to be put down after her cancer returned.

I was devastated, but it also made me remember all the good times me and my family had with her.

I'm sure that everyone who's had a Dog understands just how loyal and comforting they are, and I'd love to hear other people's stories :)

• Upvote 2

I myself had a little Cavalier King Charles for 8 years, unfortunatly, he was killed by a german shepherd while walking in the street.

Of course, i was devastated as well by that loss,i just couldn't withstand the silence in my house after he died, so i eventually bought a new puppy.

It helped a lot, raising a new little pup', both for me and my family.

Here's the little buddy now (pic attached)

post-29808-0-68774600-1436091891_thumb.jpg

My only wish is to give him a good and happy life, and i wish all dog owners wished the same (not everytime the case unfortunatly)

• Upvote 1

A few days ago, one of my Dogs, named Jess, had to be put down after her cancer returned.

I was devastated, but it also made me remember all the good times me and my family had with her.

I'm sure that everyone who's had a Dog understands just how loyal and comforting they are, and I'd love to hear other people's stories :)

I'm sorry to hear both of your losses both must have been awful :( 

My Labrador is 6 in October and while he can be a pain in the ass at times (see picture below!!!) he's a great dog really and very loving.

post-10861-0-48573400-1436092460_thumb.png

My dog died Monday. We buried her in the yard where she always liked to relax.

My dog died Monday. We buried her in the yard where she always liked to relax.

Sorry to hear that I dread the day it happens to us :(

They are family members.  Sometimes better than family (You have not met my family) They don't talk, they don't judge you and all they want is your love and attention. 

I was lucky enough to dog sit last month for a friend.  Grover is a cool dog and we had a ball together.  I can tell you that being with him really made me want a dog.  Unfortunately I am unable to have a dog because of my housing. 

Be nice to your best friend.  Sorry for your loss guys. 

Dogs for me aren't just pets, or family members. I've been lucky to have several that were truly my wingmen in every sense of the word. They knew who I liked and didn't like, trusted and didn't trust and who to keep an eye on. Never ever bit anyone but always let those that were less than welcome know they were being watched and treated those I love like part of the pack. All without a word from me. Did their job of watchdog even when that was not supposedly in their breeding. They knew who was alpha and it wasn't force or anger but love that made me alpha. Always trusted me to take care of them and they would take care of me.

One came up and put his front paws on me(which he knew was not allowed) but he kept doing it. It was then I noticed he had a foxtail so far in the eye socket next to his eye it was barely sticking out. He stood perfectly still and let me pull that bloody foxtail out and then got down and ran off to run with the other dogs in the field we were walking in. All the dogs were terrified of the vet, but wouldn't put up a fight if I was there with them. Truth be told I hate the doc too and wished I could take my dog in there with me.

I especially love old dogs who have been good dogs. I swear they are psychic. Puppy's are just too much work and those I live with can't stand the chaos so I rescue dogs from the pound and have gotten some of my best wingmen there. It can be a real challenge because you have no idea how they have been trained or treated. But a good dog lives so much in the present we've been able to overcome any problems and move on. The downside is they often pass on quicker and it tears my heart out every time. But the thought I got them out of the pound and we had some wonderful years together eases the pain.

The last guy AJ was a big old shorthair mix of like Rhodesian ridgeback and Staff'y terrier. He had been abandoned in a backyard and almost starved to death before the pound rescued him. I just knew he was my dog when I saw his pic. He was the happiest guy when I brought him home and showed him his bed. He literally smiled 24/7 for weeks he was so grateful to be here. He was truly a gentle giant and was puzzled when he would sense someone was scared of him. He ended up having lung cancer and knew his time had come. He was the most terrified of any dog I've ever had of the vets office. I found a retired vet here who will euthanize wherever you want. So we took a walk down to his favorite place in the world which was a patch of ice plants that he would do a flip into and roll around in. He lay there in his ice plants with my wife and I sitting there with him for a long time and then vet sent him off.

I don't think the body is where their essence is when they are gone so as part of the service they will take the body and have it cremated. It's hard enough for me to walk by that spot when we go for our nightly walk, so I could never have one of my dogs buried in my yard.

• Upvote 1

My mother got through three dogs over the years we were settled enough to be able to keep pets - a Dalmation and then two Labradors. Each in turn died of some horrible digestive blockage or cancer in their late middle age.

I asked her later, when she was living alone, why she did not get another for company. She told me that she simply could not go through the pain of losing yet another companion.

As you may assume by my username, I've got a pug named Milo. He's one of the largest pugs I've seen, not only because he's a little pudgy, but he's got a larger build. Fairly recently, I've realized he's getting to the end of his life span, and things that go wrong with older pugs are happening to him. I'm not sure when it'll happen, but I'll miss the little guy when he's gone.

My prayers are with you Cyber. I've lost a few four legged members to our family over the years. It never get's easier.

Chief

Hang in there, Cyber!  :(

As you may assume by my username, I've got a pug named Milo. He's one of the largest pugs I've seen, not only because he's a little pudgy, but he's got a larger build. Fairly recently, I've realized he's getting to the end of his life span, and things that go wrong with older pugs are happening to him. I'm not sure when it'll happen, but I'll miss the little guy when he's gone.

I have a pug too, and he's also getting quite old - there's definitely something wrong with his eyesight, and I can't figure out if he's going deaf or just doesn't care about people...

Sometimes he can be a real pain in the neck, especially when we want to travel with my wife, or have a night out, as he needs to be walked regularly. He's messy, stinky, he snores, licks himself all the time, farts, but when he's not there, the apartment just feels empty.

post-12951-0-69656400-1438841618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reflected