Sign in to follow this  
Reflected

Summer flying clothes?

Probably not the most important thing ever, but I was just wondering: when the Summer map comes, will we see summer pilots as well? I have a soft spot for those nice leather jackets. I hope the pilot figure won't be wearing those thick winter clothes.

115017.jpg

Yep.

is that there will be uniform for pilot summer on summer and autumn cards ?.

The pilots will get new uniforms for the new seasons.

• Upvote 1

Can I fly without a shirt? I should fly without a shirt in summer.

With your bare torso and arms exposed to burning hot metal surfaces in a cramped cockpit that's been baking under the sun? Be my guest...

:nea:

i would like short shorts

900742d9fe927743602a21a38175a04a.jpg

Edited by raaaid

Yes. I'll live. And I should get my aviator sunglasses as well.

Thinking wearing my aviators is a good idea with how bright the sun is in this game!

Probably not the most important thing ever, but I was just wondering: when the Summer map comes, will we see summer pilots as well? I have a soft spot for those nice leather jackets. I hope the pilot figure won't be wearing those thick winter clothes.

115017.jpg

Very cool leaher jackets.

i would like short shorts

900742d9fe927743602a21a38175a04a.jpg

Interesting that HJM is wearing leather gloves.  I wonder if that's for flying or just because of the hot metal surfaces after the aircraft has been left sitting in the sun?  Or maybe both??

I've always wondered, having read about a few types of aircraft and their over or underheating issues (the La-5 was supposedly a hot cockpit and the P-38 was notoriously chilly at high altitude) what kinds of temperatures pilots commonly faced. When it's -15c degrees out over the frozen fields of Stalingrad... What was the pilot experience at 3000 meters. I know temperature goes down as you increase in altitude (typically) but what was the pilot experience. They are sitting on 1000-1500hp worth of power generating plenty of heat no doubt. How much translated into a pleasant or unpleasant cockpit experience either temperature direction?

I've always wondered, having read about a few types of aircraft and their over or underheating issues (the La-5 was supposedly a hot cockpit and the P-38 was notoriously chilly at high altitude) what kinds of temperatures pilots commonly faced. When it's -15c degrees out over the frozen fields of Stalingrad... What was the pilot experience at 3000 meters. I know temperature goes down as you increase in altitude (typically) but what was the pilot experience. They are sitting on 1000-1500hp worth of power generating plenty of heat no doubt. How much translated into a pleasant or unpleasant cockpit experience either temperature direction?

As I've mentioned previously, my Dad was an RAF wireless operator /air gunner during the War - well, until he got shot in 1942 that is.  Anyway, he told me that when they were flying operations from the UK, and that would typically be 'Rover patrols' out over the North Sea along the Dutch and Norwegian coast, the aircrew would wear everything they could possibly get their hands on -  pajamas included.  He said it would get so cold that people would cry (and yes, when he said 'people' I assume he was probably referring to his own reaction).  Now it has to be remembered that this was a twin-engined aircraft so no engine up front but it did have so-called heaters fitted.  Given that this flying was done at very low altitude, I hate to imagine how cold it would have been at the same time of year, up at 30,000'.