ReShade for SweetFX

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#1 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 29 June 2015 - 23:00

~S~ Everyone,

ReShade for SweetFX is a modifier for the post processing tool that has made it's rounds across several flight simulators for years.

I'm going to try it out now for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad and I'm hoping for others to share their knowledge and experience with it here.

http://reshade.me/

Keep 'em Flying,

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

:hunter:  Mission_Builder_Logo.jpg :hunter:

#2 4./JG52_Adler_

4./JG52_Adler_

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:01

If anyone has good setting for BOS I would love to see it :) Post them guys! Let me try them out.

Due I don't feel confident to mess with the settings 

Cheers

Stop flying alone and getting out numbered !  II./JG53 is looking for mature players to join their ranks. 

We're relaxed Squadron that's looking for active EU/US players. For more information feel free to PM or visit our site http://4jg53.enjin.com/

#3 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:12

It is really helpfull in overcoming the lack of colours due to BoS's cold winter look :) Already installed the latest beta version and tweaked it to my liking (can post settings later on, not at home currently).

YdcExnd.jpg Ju 87 D-3 4K Skin Template
Beta Tester Ju-52 Early Supporter Ju 52/3m g4 4K Skin Template

#4 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:54

After reinstalling I installed Sweetfx 2.0 again but while it is running nothing changes when I hit Scrolllock even though it shows it being enabled/disanabled

I installed the reshade as well but the same result.

Any ideas how to get this working?

Cheers

Emil

#5 4./JG52_Adler_

4./JG52_Adler_

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:07

After reinstalling I installed Sweetfx 2.0 again but while it is running nothing changes when I hit Scrolllock even though it shows it being enabled/disanabled

I installed the reshade as well but the same result.

Any ideas how to get this working?

Cheers

Emil

The stock version of sweetfx is barely noticeable I recommend downloading someones settings and then trying to spot the difference.  

Stop flying alone and getting out numbered !  II./JG53 is looking for mature players to join their ranks. 

We're relaxed Squadron that's looking for active EU/US players. For more information feel free to PM or visit our site http://4jg53.enjin.com/

#6 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:19

It is really helpfull in overcoming the lack of colours due to BoS's cold winter look :) Already installed the latest beta version and tweaked it to my liking (can post settings later on, not at home currently).

I found your settings here thanks! BOS now looks awesome again.

http://forum.il2stur...s-current-word/

#7 4./JG52_Adler_

4./JG52_Adler_

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:30

I also recommend checking this thread out and looking up 5tuaks and PA-Snivs settings, they're really good! 5tuka's has more color while Sniv's is kind-a balanced.

http://forum.il2stur...os-and-sweetfx/

#8 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:39

Thanks mate I'll check that out. I love the combined effect of sweetfx & dropping the gamma down to 0.5 the city of Stalingrad looks amazing. When we can increase the draw distance this sim will look even better :D

#9 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 30 June 2015 - 18:20

~S~ Everyone,

The ReShade for SweetFX has taken the features of SweetFX, dropped the old GUI, made it auto installer friendlier than ever (Just direct Pathing), and it works with BoS...

There are a few things I should maybe elaborate on concerning it's use as someone familiar with the functionality of similar applications in the past, but this tidbit is prime.

You can use it to further fine tune the edges of models, that is, increase Anti Aliasing, and it's not set by default in the files that handle custom settings, you must to do it here :

Bo_S_Sweet_FX_Use_FXAA.jpg

#10 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 30 June 2015 - 18:37

~S~ Everyone,

To continue... the = 0 is Off, and the = 1 is On. To further dial things in, you need to scroll down to the appropriate section, and set the numbers within defined parameters.

*Disclaimer : If you are not certain what you are doing here, stop. You could do actual damage to your video card if you get these things out of shape, so caveat emptor. :salute: 

Bo_S_Sweet_FX_Use_2.jpg

Edited by Jupp, 30 June 2015 - 18:38.

#11 4./JG52_Adler_

4./JG52_Adler_

Posted 30 June 2015 - 23:49

Well if you want the best looking game they should use 5tuka's settings he has posted. Here are some pictures I uploaded..

Left is SweetFX  , right side is vanilla (high graphics) 

7ZozD3s.jpgVEDlLhY.jpg

#12 Ventus

Ventus
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 16:31

Just as a mater off interest & you can see some script in the screen shots.

When I loaded it I got a bunch of script running away in the corner. I tried deleting SweetFx out the IL2 BoS directory and I then got script saying it failed to load (surprise surprise) but I could not get rid of that annoying scripting.

As there is no way (that I know of) to uninstall I had to end up doing a fresh BoS reinstall, not a real biggie as I know where my changes are so I kept these files.

I'd be interested if anybody could assist, is it just my utter ignorance on things computer or has anybody else had problems?

#13 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 17:30

~S~ Monument,

Not sure of the technical details that you might be having on your end, concerning installing, use, or uninstalling ReShade per PC, but there are Global Settings that turn on and off the messages.

Re_Shade_Messages_On_Off.jpg

#14 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 17:37

~S~ Everyone,

Here are comparison screens I posted in another thread while I am here. Hold down a Cntrl Key on Keyboard, & Use Mouse Wheel of Mouse, to Adjust Zoom, for a Side by Side Comparison.

Keep 'em Flying,

Bo_S_Sweet_FX_Off.jpgBo_S_Sweet_FX_On.jpg

Edited by Jupp, 02 July 2015 - 17:40.

#15 Ventus

Ventus
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 18:06

Heh Jupp

Thanks for that.

I'll give it another go the difference is pretty amazing

Are you using Stab/JG26_5tuka settings or something else?

#16 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 18:36

~S~ Monument,

Yes, the example is with Stab/JG26_Stuka's copied and pasted to overwrite settings, however I see already things I need to adjust further for my own system / preference.

Best to you and yours,

#17 Ventus

Ventus
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 19:02

Ok please don't lose patience with me

I've reloaded with Stab/JG26_5tuka's settings for SweetFX 2.0 and its working a treat. What difference terrific!!

One thing though I tried to use his Reshader settings file, now I'm ASSuming that this file is the Global_Settings renamed, when I copied it across and renamed it Global_settings the app failed to load. So I copied back the original file & its running fine with the original Global_settings file and Stab/JG26_5tuka's SweetFX settings.

Are the Rehsader/Gobal_Settings file just the preferences and the real shading work that makes the difference is being carried out by SweetFX?

Need to also try this with ROF, wonder if anybody over there has tried it or has settings

Anyways thanks a lot for helping me out appreciated

#18 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 02 July 2015 - 19:24

Are the Rehsader/Gobal_Settings file just the preferences and the real shading work that makes the difference is being carried out by SweetFX?

Yes. The Global settings are for the blend in statistics, frame count ect. The SweetFX file is where you adjust your shader and filter settings.

Editing the Global settings is not difficult. Just open it, find the function you like disabled and set 1 (on) to 0 (off).

#19 Jupp

Jupp
  • Founder

Posted 02 July 2015 - 20:12

~S~ Monument,

No problem bloke, you're just getting too creative there. The Global Settings, and the SweetFX Settings, are indeed different things.

(exampled above in post #13, Global file being 3KB, SweetFX one being 26KB in sizes) You open either one, or the other, "in Notepad" to edit them if desired.

You'll find the best results will come from learning about the features themselves, and trial and error (be careful!) adjusting them to your own suit is, ultimately best.

However, for convenience, people do share The FX Settings around in practice, to show people different configurations that may just work out enough for us to save time.

But again, they are different, and are different things.

Glad to be of some help,

!S -Jupp-  :rolleyes:  

#20 Ventus

Ventus
  • Founder

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:11

Well Thanks Jupp & Stab/JG26_5tuka, the explanations are very helpful

I understand the editing and switches, its like playing around with some of the settings in BoS itself.

Just need to spend a bit of time getting more familiar with it all.

One thing that I also wondered about was the difference between the 2 packages offered on the Reshade web page. I simply went for the Reshade + SweetFX 2.0, but did wonder what the Reshade + Framework did out of academic interest, if anybody has a clue.

Either way your help has made a big difference to my in game graphics and I want to thank you for that

#21 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:21

I guess Reshade+SweetFX is the "consumer" vesion while Reshade + framework probably is a kit to create your own shaders /code files / whatever.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka, 03 July 2015 - 12:21.

#22 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 06 July 2015 - 20:09

Ahhh cool I shall revisit this, for some reason I thought that Sweetfx did not work with BoS

#23 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 07 July 2015 - 19:45

Took a little longer due to intense tinkering with the new functions (pure learning by doing) but now that I'm satisfied here's my new settings for SweetFX2.0 Reshade 0.18.7 Beta! Hope you enjoy it :)

Setting file: Attached File  SweetFX_settings.txt   28.99KB   354 downloads

Whole SweetFX + Reshade Client: http://www.mediafire...oS_by_5tuka.rar

Pictures

cio848xa.jpg

ku4435el.jpg

p3nmwbyc.jpg

cux5n6ne.jpg

4acwq8ap.jpg

vdmawnkp.jpg

More pictures

a2jyc9i2.jpg

xs34zx6v.jpg

8ulfxjiv.jpg

axgozbvt.jpg

#24 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 08 July 2015 - 17:40

Reupload of SweetFX_Setting file due to notification of broken download:

Attached File  SweetFX_settings.txt   28.99KB   329 downloads

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka, 08 July 2015 - 17:40.

#25 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 13 July 2015 - 18:10

Reupload of SweetFX_Setting file due to notification of broken download:

attachicon.gifSweetFX_settings.txt

Can you tell me how I can tone down the red a tiny bit mate?

#26 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 14 July 2015 - 13:43

You can go to TECHNICOLOR 2 settings and try reducing the Technicolor2_Red_Strength value. You can also use Defog and FogColour under Tonemap settings to desaturate some of the red, though keep in mind every change to one colour effects the whole balance (it was pretty hard to get colours balanced to a point I felt it looked good and not too bright/dull).

I also changed Curves_contrast to from 0.8 to 0.6 after flying the Lagg-3 and La-5 for some more time (colours appeared to be too bright to me afterwards). If you want to reduce overall colour brightness you can play with this value to your liking.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka, 14 July 2015 - 13:43.

#27 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 24 July 2015 - 17:50

I did a fresh install of the game and tried to re-install a fresh reshade (downloaded the newest today) to the game folder but Norton keeps isolating and deleting the renamed 32 bit dll (d3d9). Any ideas?

edit: using 5tuka's settings file (above) as well.

Edited by [TBC]HerrMurf, 24 July 2015 - 17:59.

If the argument against expanding to the Western Front is simply the Luftwaffe was overwhelmed and defeated then there is absolutely no reason to ever go back to the late war Eastern Front either. 

Falcon NW Talon, Z97 Ranger, Intel i5 4670, 32 gb RAM, nVidia GTX 780ti, Hotas Warthog with 10cm extension, MFG Crosswind, Track ir5, 42" Sharp TV/Monitor 60 hrz, Self designed PVC center mount cockpit, PVC collective for DCS helicopters

#28 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 24 July 2015 - 18:41

Hi all - Figured out how to fix it.  Symantec was doing reputation based filtering on the .dll and quarantined the file based on a "low reputation score."  See the information below.

To get SweetFX to work, I had to exclude d3d9.dll (Reshade32.dll) from filescanning from Symantec.  It fires up fine now.

Behavior WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories. 

If the argument against expanding to the Western Front is simply the Luftwaffe was overwhelmed and defeated then there is absolutely no reason to ever go back to the late war Eastern Front either. 

Falcon NW Talon, Z97 Ranger, Intel i5 4670, 32 gb RAM, nVidia GTX 780ti, Hotas Warthog with 10cm extension, MFG Crosswind, Track ir5, 42" Sharp TV/Monitor 60 hrz, Self designed PVC center mount cockpit, PVC collective for DCS helicopters

#29 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:35

You can go to TECHNICOLOR 2 settings and try reducing the Technicolor2_Red_Strength value. You can also use Defog and FogColour under Tonemap settings to desaturate some of the red, though keep in mind every change to one colour effects the whole balance (it was pretty hard to get colours balanced to a point I felt it looked good and not too bright/dull).

I also changed Curves_contrast to from 0.8 to 0.6 after flying the Lagg-3 and La-5 for some more time (colours appeared to be too bright to me afterwards). If you want to reduce overall colour brightness you can play with this value to your liking.

Only just seen this.

Thanks!

#30 Taxman

Taxman
  • Founder

Posted 25 July 2015 - 21:02

Just tried ReShade, wow, thanks Jupp.  All my image's are sharper and the colors are much better.  Happy flier here :biggrin:

#31 9./JG27golani79

9./JG27golani79
  • Founder

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:56

Take a look at the vibrance settings - you can saturate / desaturate the RGB values.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                       Vibrance settings                     /
  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
#define Vibrance     1.0  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(-0.40, -0.20, -0.20) //[-10.00 to 10.00,-10.00 to 10.00,-10.00 to 10.00] A per channel multiplier to the Vibrance strength so you can give more boost to certain colors over others

#32 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 28 July 2015 - 16:21

I modified 5tuka's settings to reduce the red and sepia tones a bit. Here's my take on SweetFX if you'd like to try it. This is my first try and full credit to 5tuka for doing the heavy lifting.

Attached Files

Edited by [WSB]HerrMurf, 28 July 2015 - 16:22.

#33 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 28 July 2015 - 16:47

Thanks

Is there anything that can be done in SweetFX to improve the contrast, we've noticed that since the last patch it's harder to see aircraft above the horizon and changing the Gamma doesnt help.

#34 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Tester

Posted 28 July 2015 - 17:40

Thanks

Is there anything that can be done in SweetFX to improve the contrast, we've noticed that since the last patch it's harder to see aircraft above the horizon and changing the Gamma doesnt help.

Yes, it's called "Curves settings". It has 3 modes (Luma, Chroma, both). In my settings it's set to 1 = Chroma. To increase constrast you have to change it to 2 or, if you don't like adding chromatic contrast, to 0.

#35 6./ZG26_Emil

6./ZG26_Emil
  • Founder

Posted 28 July 2015 - 18:12

Thanks again :)

#36 Picchio

Picchio
  • Founder

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:33

Guys, has anyone been able to implement one of the AO options available? I've been trying with Reshade Framework, got it to work quite easily, but: similarly to NVIDIA Inspector-forced AO (at least with the working flags I tested), while it is applied correctly to every object outside, I can't get it to work for the cockpit's interiors. So, any ideas?

Edited by Picchio, 12 August 2015 - 10:37.

"Quand un seul chien se met à aboyer à une ombre, dix mille chiens en font une réalité."

#37 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:09

I had SweetFX installed before and not sure what the reshader is doing with the GUI. 

Does the reshader overwrite Sweetfx I am a bit confused.

#38 =III/JG3=Lothar29

=III/JG3=Lothar29
  • Tester

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:32

Hi

for me, the best I tested is the FiFi.

I have gained performance.

Whit FiFi SweetFx Settings it looks like:

Attached File  1 (1).jpg   237.28KB   26 downloads

Attached File  1 (2).jpg   189.03KB   18 downloads

SweetFX Settings for FiFi TxT:

Attached File  SweetFX_Il2_Fifi_settings.txt   1.83KB   115 downloads

https://mega.nz/#!Qg...fsxNGGeqaf9YpEI
The IL-2 Bos'S Lothar29

#39 Tom25briklebritt

Tom25briklebritt
  • Founder

Posted 26 August 2015 - 16:59

fifi settings show me errors in game. did fifi work for you?

another question, do you disable games AA in menu when using Reshade/sweetfx?

#40 kissklas

kissklas
  • Founder

Posted 26 August 2015 - 22:12

I had SweetFX installed before and not sure what the reshader is doing with the GUI. 

Does the reshader overwrite Sweetfx I am a bit confused.

Reshade 1.0 is a new framework that gathers lots of effects from different authors. The Reshade GUI is not super intuitive but once you get the hang of it, it's ok.

1. Remove the "SweetFX" or "SweetFX + reshade" that you have from before (You should probably note down the parameters in your SweetFX config if you like them).
  2. Download Reshade and put it wherever you like, but NOT in the game folder! A good tip is to put it on a secondary drive. Then if you need a format, you wont lose it.
  3. Run the Mediator.exe from within the Reshade folder. Select the Il-2 launcher, and tick DirectX 9. Then make a preset to the right of that.
  4. You can now go into pipeline and set up which ever effects you like. After that, go into each of those effects you added and tweak them. Press apply to see the results. (PS: You can tick float on top in the main screen to have the Mediator overlay the game while adjusting!)
  5. Once you are all done you can permanently push the chosen settings to the game via "permanent push to application" in the bottom of the window. Close the mediator and you're all done (remember to save your preset in case you want to adjust it further).

Hope this helped! I had a hard time understanding it as well:)

Best,

Klas

Intel Xeon W3680 (6 cores, HT on) @ 4.2Ghz, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming @ 1533 MHz, 12GB RAM DDR3 triple channel @1600MHz, Oculus Rift CV1,

Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, MS Sidewinder FFB2, Saitek X-65F Throttle.

kissklas_sig_by_kissklas-d8ijdch.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users