On 2/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, 325th_Bugsy said:

Nice Looking forward to your final settings Livai

The work is done, so next post will be in the "Mod Section" where I release it, here a spoiler what result you can do and expect from this Shader results example below

20190302112635_1.thumb.jpg.2eaa104ea98df088ca494a4b5eb37a22.jpg20190302103935_1.thumb.jpg.262165e4e142ffbf44e5f9934297245b.jpg20190302111116_1.thumb.jpg.5f40c0e46ef5c5d5604b744dfa1f3762.jpg20190301203833_1.thumb.jpg.99542cac7a862d9ec7977b29a12c3e85.jpg

20190302112116_1.thumb.jpg.6ac9bb29937a3862d0e2ea2b08e8e996.jpg20190301203234_1.thumb.jpg.72755c9b7aadac3c131a7cb45a8a27e1.jpg20190302112436_1.thumb.jpg.0e43afa614ba5090649dba95451b781d.jpg20190301203608_1.thumb.jpg.10d1f32443c33d17f1310ee9bd04ffd6.jpg

Looks good but the sky is a tad on the dark side for me. Is there a way to lighten just the sky?

On 3/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, 325th_Bugsy said:

Looks good but the sky is a tad on the dark side for me. Is there a way to lighten just the sky?

Post-processing effects are always hard left or hard right. If you want one color changed you change unwanted the other colors because all color are connected to each other. Much better results come from Re-texturing or to change the in-game shaders directly.

So I did this to avoid darker colors the result see below. -> I made Custom Type1-2-3-4 Shaders with different shading results from different mixed colors. 

20190304102843_1.thumb.jpg.5e68acfce3719698b2f800fc9f6df6f7.jpg20190304103008_1.thumb.jpg.f2dd2d8c5030f9ad5762111a14233775.jpg20190304103256_1.thumb.jpg.d8ca53181e286fe8cedd09e957fa1ab2.jpg

20190304113018_1.thumb.jpg.faef8103fec5f8afb556d195f3316331.jpg20190304113137_1.thumb.jpg.25427cddaaef3b08f9c772285fbf26a4.jpg20190304123400_2.thumb.jpg.efd0e9050bc91cf107daa60d0aad50b9.jpg

Posted (edited)

Reshade or colours and stuff very dependant on monitor settings also..

Eg, i use my reshade settings but then on my asus monitor there is a button.
if i press it, it switches between "standard mode, Game mode, Scenery mode, Movie Mode, night mode."

On Game mode my settings look great but on Standard or Scenery & other screens they too vibrant.
3328dib.jpg

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14

Hi Livai what do you mean by custom shaders? What are your means of color correction? 

I am using LUT shader from resahde package and/but the hard part is finding what should be neutral grey on the screen rendered by game.

From my knowledge to get the color correction right you need to know what pixel in a given screen should be neutral grey (128/128/128 RGB).

So for example if you take default 109 F4 skin it would be great to know what part of it in real life is neutral grey or as close to it as possible. Problem is when you take in game pixel that is neutral grey that  is not good because the game seem to show wrong colours with strong blue tint.

For example if you take a look at ingame RLM 04 Gelb (yellow) which is used ie. for marking nose part of german fighters it should be around 246/186/24 RGB but when you probe in game screen you get like 250/250/44 RGB. Same with Black markings from the german cross it from my knowledge should be like 31/25/23 RGB but when i probe is like 36/42/41 it may be my monitor calibration but I have done it to the best possible way.

So now I am curios what colours you get and most important maybe any1 can say with 100% 'sureness" what part of which aircraft is 128/128/128 RGB in summer map in game 12:00 hours :) Thanks to this we can try to get colours good. 

@JG700_Benek With color correction I mean the result that comes out when the color space is changed from adding BGR, GBR, BBR.......to the RGB-Channel.

I had problems with original reshade shaders to find that what I search for, so I started to write my own. Looking what is possible without to break the FPS too much. I noticed that Post-processing effects are not a good idea to use it for Overhauls because what can be done is very limited. I beated Reshade to death already trying everything always ends with that - one color will break unwanted.

The problem is also what colors the game use or how the color are mixed together. Could it be that yellow and blue colors in the game are a little greenisch, it looks like so. The whole in-game colors are skewed when compared it to IL-2 Team Fusion. I noticed it too, when I look at the screenshots in adope photoshop that the colors are not correct when I take a sample from the screenshot and compare it with the texture. Looks like the IL-2 shader use a filter over the original image turn this off will do something.

Here another Custom Shader with different approach what I upload when I am ready for upload.

20190305190237_1.thumb.jpg.7499d38414790807a680e4c1a25ec3bb.jpg20190305191505_1.thumb.jpg.6ec946fb4dc905393178b0c1971a0eb6.jpg20190305191906_1.thumb.jpg.c09d6b1045abf5c049f2a6d6706d0fcd.jpg

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Livai said:

I noticed it too, when I look at the screenshots in adope photoshop that the colors are not correct when I take a sample from the screenshot and compare it with the texture.

I didnt tested it but you say that for example when you take a soviet star which is painted on the skin texture with 205,0,0 RGB and then take a screen in game it would have different RGB values? That is just fucking great :P 

I would suspect SSAO or postprocess filters they use for sharpening/blurring textures but I dont have time to test it. BTW for testing I think its best to use 109F2 skins since they were recently updated by BlackHound a community member andI I think he is experienced enough to use correct colors.

As mentioned before I only use LUT as it has minimal fps impact (which is important since I use 4XSGSSAA ) and by using LUT you can port the work done in Photoshop into the game. In Photoshop you can target colors and luminosty seperately and I am not sure if you can do this while using shaders. When back at home I will upload short video of my settings in work and can share my current lut if any1 interested to test it. Also maybe it is a good idea to try to ask the Devs what their engine does to the colours since they look so strange.

You can see the settings in action:

Edited by JG700_Benek
Added link to youtube showcasing the LUT

On 3/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, Livai said:

@JG700_Benek With color correction I mean the result that comes out when the color space is changed from adding BGR, GBR, BBR.......to the RGB-Channel.

I had problems with original reshade shaders to find that what I search for, so I started to write my own. Looking what is possible without to break the FPS too much. I noticed that Post-processing effects are not a good idea to use it for Overhauls because what can be done is very limited. I beated Reshade to death already trying everything always ends with that - one color will break unwanted.

The problem is also what colors the game use or how the color are mixed together. Could it be that yellow and blue colors in the game are a little greenisch, it looks like so. The whole in-game colors are skewed when compared it to IL-2 Team Fusion. I noticed it too, when I look at the screenshots in adope photoshop that the colors are not correct when I take a sample from the screenshot and compare it with the texture. Looks like the IL-2 shader use a filter over the original image turn this off will do something.

Here another Custom Shader with different approach what I upload when I am ready for upload.

20190305190237_1.thumb.jpg.7499d38414790807a680e4c1a25ec3bb.jpg20190305191505_1.thumb.jpg.6ec946fb4dc905393178b0c1971a0eb6.jpg20190305191906_1.thumb.jpg.c09d6b1045abf5c049f2a6d6706d0fcd.jpg

There are several issues that contribute to the sickly colors in this game, and none of them are really caused by the HDR or other post process built in.

First thing is the lighting. For things being lit by the sun its additive; sun color + ambient color = direct illumination color. Things in shade are only lit by ambient. Given that the ambient color is blue, and the sun is slightly yellow, then I think you can guess what happens when you add the two. Fixing this problem makes everything pretty close to spot on.

Second issue is the ground illumination. Each map has a texture that is used for creating the bounce light you see under your planes wings when on the ground. This effect also pops up at low altitude. Since most maps have some green or yellow in them, this additional lighting tends to push things a bit more yellow/green then they already are thanks to the lighting. Of course you can make this texture pure black to eliminate the effect. However it has the downside of eliminating the ground reflections completely. And aircraft that have mirrors use this texture for the reflection. Making the texture way dimmer has the problem of screwing up the way the mirror reflections look. While the lighting is a pretty easy if a bit time consuming, I think this issue can only be fixed through 3dmigoto, ie modifying the shader responsible for the ground reflection.

The last issue is the way the game applies a fog effect. Some weather presets look fine while others push things in a greenish direction. This isn't as big of an issue as the other two but its a real pain to fix, especially for different times of day.

So basically modding is the best way to fix the off lighting in this game. But reshade should still be useful. Once I get things close then a LUT will be able to push it the last bit.

Have you tried using martys lightroom shader for reshade? You might find it easier to work with than going back and forth from in-game to ps.

Also has anyone tried SSDAO?

Hey LizLemon thanks for your contribution mate :). I see you work a lot on mods so keeping fingers crossed for positive outcome. But please can you say whether the mod of yours will be not restricted when flying online? As for martys light room I didnt tried it coz I thought it was abandoned/never released. You can grab it from Github or ?

6 hours ago, LizLemon said:

MXAO is fun

So, is MXAO working/stable with the latest ReShade/IL2 version?

I couldn't get either MXAO nor QUINT's AO to work with many versions - what I got (also proven by the debug view) was that the depth buffer appeared "frozen" on a certain frame and didn't change with the point of view (pardon my ignorance).

Yes, latest version of reshade and quint are working.

Did you have SSAO enabled in-game when testing? I'm not sure yet but depth buffer may not get written too if SSAO is off. But you can mostly disable by setting ssao samples to 1 in gpresets.

The other issue is the game has two depth buffers. One for in cockpit and one for external view. When you are using reshade hit the DX11 tab and look at the list of possible buffers - you should see two that are half resolution (or lower depending on your graphcis settings). These are the two depth buffers and using the debug view in MXAO you'll be able to tell which is the cockpit and which is external.

This two depths buffers is actually kind of nice. It means MXAO can be tweaked for what looks best in cockpit and it wont mess up the external view. But then you might have to run a second MXAO pass for the external view. I'm not sure how much this kills performance yet. And honestly I'm more interested in using the fake GI features of MXAO than using it as a replacement for the in game SSAO.

Biggest problem with it, and this may not be solvable, is that the menus have the hangar and MXAO runs on the plane there. This means that the shadows/highlights mxao is drawing over the plane will also show up on the map in the mission selector.

Posted (edited)

This things causing my game to crash on startup, had it working on the first time I used it, after that it won't even allow the game to start, tried running windowed mode, same thing.

Think I figured it out, the VR setting was on.

Edited by JonRedcorn

22 hours ago, LizLemon said:

Yes, I also encountered the two different buffers - during my tests I had SSAO off through the options menu but deactivating it through the cfg might do it. I'm sure I tested it with SSAO on as well, but I don't recall which route caused the "frozen" depth buffer output.

Anyway, that's awesome, I also was particularly enthusiastic about the IL part! I'm gonna run a few tests as well.

Just to make sure, does it work with in-game MSAA for you?

And thanks for the exhaustive reply!

5 hours ago, Picchio said:

Yes, I also encountered the two different buffers - during my tests I had SSAO off through the options menu but deactivating it through the cfg might do it. I'm sure I tested it with SSAO on as well, but I don't recall which route caused the "frozen" depth buffer output.

Anyway, that's awesome, I also was particularly enthusiastic about the IL part! I'm gonna run a few tests as well.

Just to make sure, does it work with in-game MSAA for you?

And thanks for the exhaustive reply!

I havent tried with in-game MSAA yet. There are some issues with mxao that I need to figure out first. Stuff in the upper corners of the screen are getting lots of shading/illumination, like the frames of the canopy when the camera is at an angle. This can probably be fixed by figuring out the right settings for the depth buffer.

Oh and you can make the depth buffer full resolution by editing the gpresets file. This makes performance awful but looks outstanding.

I'll need to spend some time really tweaking it to find what settings look the best. There are also some other screen space GIs for reshade which I should try out too. Having that bit of faked illumination really makes the cockpits look a lot better, especially stuff like the Pe-2 and 111.

I always thought reshader was not workable with IL2. Are the profiles shared anywhere. I tried to make it work last week and could not

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, 

I am using reshade and it works well. 

BUT, I just experienced a weired thing. If my Anti Alliasing is not set to X4 in the game sttings, each time I hit the start mission (be it in single mission, carreer) or whatever, the mission will stop loading and the game crashes... 

Can it be caused by reshade? Has anyone already experienced that? 

If not due to reshade what can be the problem... 

Thanks

Edited by Drac

Thank you so much for your post, i too never use AA, so reshade was not working, but after setting it at 4x...reshade works well, total game changer.

Path traced GI!

Should be released soon.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Reshade or colours and stuff very dependant on monitor settings also..

Eg, i use my reshade settings but then on my asus monitor there is a button.
if i press it, it switches between "standard mode, Game mode, Scenery mode, Movie Mode, night mode."

On Game mode my settings look great but on Standard or Scenery & other screens they too vibrant.
3328dib.jpg

I know i'm coming late to the party now, but the picture on the right looks fantastic! 

Hi, I can't to play in multiplayer with reshade, i tryed to join in servers but I've been banned all the times. It's normal? The game not accept to play with reshade in multi? Someone can explain to me? Thanks.

I have used Reshade in IL2 since i got it years ago always and only play online and never been banned because of it or had any issues like that. 

There is no cheat scanning software so to speak other than is u using steam i guess. 
But steam and reshade work with hundreds of games im sure. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

I have used Reshade in IL2 since i got it years ago always and only play online and never been banned because of it or had any issues like that. 

There is no cheat scanning software so to speak other than is u using steam i guess. 
But steam and reshade work with hundreds of games im sure. 

I have installed an old version of reshade, the 1.1, because the new version don't run, my game crash when just i try to play a quick mission or other mission, instead  with 1.1 version this not happen but i can't to play in multi because the servers banned me... Solutions?

Ps A:

I've read that we need to check antialiasing x4 in the game for run reshade, maybe is that my problem, i'll try to check it. But i think this is a bad solution for better performance, there is not another method to run it? You know? 

Ps B:

Ok, i've try to install the new reshade version and i've check antialiasing to 2, now it run... But i think this is ridiculus! Whi i need to check antialiasing to run it? this damage the performances, instead  this not happen with old version of reshade, but i can't to play in multi if i install it.. I would to uncheck antialiasing but i can't, there is a solution for that? Thanks for support.

Edited by Jack_Immondizia

3.0.8.183 Is a good Stable Version..

You do not need to enable Antialiasing x4 to use Reshade that False. 
or some funky Bug causing problems.

Some people with windows 10 Having problems with Reshade.

But try 3.0.8.183 you do not need anti aliasing ingame on

Sorry, for the reply waiting ->  busy with real life 

On 3/6/2019 at 12:31 PM, JG700_Benek said:

As mentioned before I only use LUT

Even LUT has his issue because it is post processing. I updated my custom shaders used them mainly for movies and other stuff everything great but as soon I use them in games I had to deal with problems with planes skins with one shader and the another one shader had problems with the weather. See what I mean always same settings

-> playing with adding  bloom

20190727133553_1.thumb.jpg.f9881bfd436420d5a2f137cba3fa6708.jpg20190727122322_1.thumb.jpg.921c61994317307e639ad0208325d38a.jpg

-> deeper green, yellow, landscape colors and less blue on river and sky

20190811131307_1.thumb.jpg.de940063e5748c6457a3623aecdcaedb.jpg 20190811131315_1.thumb.jpg.4019fa116d1387ed6d79561a7ac52cad.jpg

-> much more deeper colors  compared to the middle one

20190724215625_1.thumb.jpg.dbc7046b5e7acbf34746e4c8ae0be11e.jpg20190724215911_1.thumb.jpg.6679fcfc1d746892e3a09d743abfe2b0.jpg

I hoped that my nice updated shaders will work sames as good as I used them for movies and other stuff but in the end it turns out how good they work is depending on the game. I use average color to avoid this  sort of problems but it seems it's not enough for this game here but somehow other games work fine with the same settings, confusing! Not sure what is the problem?

On 3/8/2019 at 6:31 PM, LizLemon said:

There are several issues that contribute to the sickly colors in this game, and none of them are really caused by the HDR or other post process built in.

First thing is the lighting. For things being lit by the sun its additive; sun color + ambient color = direct illumination color. Things in shade are only lit by ambient. Given that the ambient color is blue, and the sun is slightly yellow, then I think you can guess what happens when you add the two. Fixing this problem makes everything pretty close to spot on.

Second issue is the ground illumination. Each map has a texture that is used for creating the bounce light you see under your planes wings when on the ground. This effect also pops up at low altitude. Since most maps have some green or yellow in them, this additional lighting tends to push things a bit more yellow/green then they already are thanks to the lighting. Of course you can make this texture pure black to eliminate the effect. However it has the downside of eliminating the ground reflections completely. And aircraft that have mirrors use this texture for the reflection. Making the texture way dimmer has the problem of screwing up the way the mirror reflections look. While the lighting is a pretty easy if a bit time consuming, I think this issue can only be fixed through 3dmigoto, ie modifying the shader responsible for the ground reflection.

The last issue is the way the game applies a fog effect. Some weather presets look fine while others push things in a greenish direction. This isn't as big of an issue as the other two but its a real pain to fix, especially for different times of day.

So basically modding is the best way to fix the off lighting in this game. But reshade should still be useful. Once I get things close then a LUT will be able to push it the last bit.

Have you tried using martys lightroom shader for reshade? You might find it easier to work with than going back and forth from in-game to ps.

Also has anyone tried SSDAO?

Indeed,

-> That we are all annoyed by disassembling the shader effects is no secret. It often takes forever to get rid of its unwanted effects.

The game applies something to the plane skins because I always wonder why everything looks great but not when I use custom plane skins, funny. I will try out martys lightroom shader for reshade to see what this one do however I already see that post processing never reach the same level how playing or changing the in-game shaders directly.......

On 15/8/2019 at 15:46, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

3.0.8.183 Is a good Stable Version..

You do not need to enable Antialiasing x4 to use Reshade that False. 
or some funky Bug causing problems.

Some people with windows 10 Having problems with Reshade.

But try 3.0.8.183 you do not need anti aliasing ingame on

I'm not saying falsehood, it's what happens to me if I don't enable anti-aliasing, I've not external programs that interfere with it and i've win 7, moreover it's not a problem that only I have.
  Read this post:

Spoiler

In the section dedicated to Reshade, it says clearly that if you don't enable antialiasing, the game will crash if you try to play a mission. Infact, that's what happened to me.

Textual words of this user:

"Next, either change "multisampling = 2" in the graphics configuration file or change anti-aliasing to 4 in the game graphics menu then restart the game. If you have reshade installed without 4x anti-aliasing enabled the game will crash soon as you start a mission. So it is critical to have this setting applied."

However, can you tell me where to download the version you suggested? I will be grateful.

Posted (edited)

Sorry @Jack_Immondizia
I was not saying you were lying or at least not intending to imply that my bad.

I was meaning that if Reshade is installed properly and working properly IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANTI A to be turned on for it to work.
(This is not a requirement of the program/mod at all and
Must therefor be an underlying problem in setup elsewhere, or a problem with steam version of il2 or the new version of Reshade and IL2.

Here is my Game config Lines Regarding That. 
multisampling = 0

(also its Windows 7 SP1 with last update 2010 (not any of the new updated from last 2-3 years)

Also That version of Reshade is available in many places including the old reshade repository tho often the links are down.

(I uploaded my version directly to IL2 forums internal file host. and attached it to this post. 
Its the Original Reshade 3.0.8.exe From Reshade Website.
- Does not require ingame anti aliasing, work flawlessly with IL2 for last 3 years. )

Yeah there are many inaccuracies in that guide from Geronimo as i think its a bit outdated.
(no offence to Geronimo she is awesome,) 

ReShade Setup v3.0.8.zip

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14

4 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

Scusa @Jack_Immondizia
Non stavo dicendo che mentivi o almeno non intendi implicare che il mio male.

Intendevo dire che se Reshade è installato correttamente e funziona correttamente NON È NECESSARIO che ANTI A sia acceso perché funzioni.
(Questo non è affatto un requisito del programma / mod e
deve quindi esserci un problema di fondo nell'installazione altrove, o un problema con la versione steam di il2 o la nuova versione di Reshade e IL2.

(Anche Windows 7 SP1 con l'ultimo aggiornamento 2010 (nessuno dei nuovi aggiornati degli ultimi 2-3 anni)

Anche quella versione di Reshade è disponibile in molti posti, incluso il vecchio repository di risagoma, spesso i collegamenti sono inattivi.

(Ho caricato la mia versione direttamente sull'host di file interno del forum IL2 e l'ho allegata a questo post. È 
l'originale Reshade 3.0.8.exe dal sito Web di Reshade.
- Non richiede l'anti-aliasing in- game , funziona perfettamente con IL2 negli ultimi 3 anni. )

Sì, ci sono molte inesattezze in quella guida di Geronimo poiché penso che sia un po 'datato.
(senza offesa per Geronimo è fantastica,) 

ReShade Setup v3.0.8.zip 1.75 MB · 0 download

Don't worry, i just was want clear my situation. I will try to install the v3.0.8. Thanks for help me.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Please make sure you remove the 2 folders and few files from new Reshade (4.0.x) first :D 

Run the game without Reshade at all and no Anti A to make sure it runs ok

then install 3.0.8 and test without Anti A ingame

TY 

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

Please make sure you remove the 2 folders and few files from new Reshade (4.0.x) first 😄

Run the game without Reshade at all and no Anti A to make sure it runs ok

then install 3.0.8 and test without Anti A ingame

TY 

Thank you man, this version works great! no problem without antialiasing checked! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 4:14 AM, Jack_Immondizia said:

Thank you man, this version works great! no problem without antialiasing checked! 

No Worries..

Have fun up there :D