fifi settings show me errors in game. did fifi work for you?

another question, do you disable games AA in menu when using Reshade/sweetfx?

Yes, I disable AA in the simulator.

If you are using Reshade/SweetFX 2 you can use the in-game AA no problem.

I downloaded and tried the new version. I quite like the interface but I'm still running the earlier version for now as I've got Stab's settings files (and a few others) that I can just insert and run

If I was going to the trouble of making a set of custom settings purely for my monitor and preferences though I'd upgrade as the interface would be a bit easier to manipulate

are there any other presets to try? I did not find any in SweetFX Settings DB. Would be awesome if someone could make a thread with all the existing presets for BOS.

Thanks, Jupp, easy to install, works like a charm, using the Stab/JG26_5tuka settings and I love it.  Very worth the effort.   :salute:

Is there a simple way to enable and disable this?

I've found it conflicts with video recording software.

Hi all,

I thought that I was more than happy with the graphics effects and colours with BoS until I tried ReSahde and SweetFX after reading through this thread. I've given it a go and installed using Stab/JG26_5tuka's settings.......

All I can say is "WOW", this is amazing and has transformed the graphics for me, it looks absolutely stunning now. So a huge thank-you to everyone here who has taken the time to post offering advice and setting.

Cheers.

Edited by keeno

Take a look at the vibrance settings - you can saturate / desaturate the RGB values.

Thanks that was really useful!

Pretty pleased with the SweetFX set-up. I used Stuka's settings but changed the Vibrance Setting for red to -0.30, tames the brightness of the red. Also, I turned off bloom, which eliminated some stuttering I was getting. Overall a nice add-on!

http://puu.sh/l0Cu9/74c4dd342f.txt      I am using this at the moment, slightly sharper with more natural colours. The clouds especially look whiter. Of course this is only my opinion but feel free to use and hopefully enjoy! 

Sorry no screenshot but its not hard to just copy and paste and see for yourself  ;)  :salute:

Edited by Bullets

Is there a simple way to enable and disable this?

I've found it conflicts with video recording software.

~S~ Nikko,

If you've not learned this yet, the Scroll Lock key is the default to toggle ReShade on or off. Enabled or Disabled messages appear in the top left of screen.

Also, you can change the key by going into C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\SweetFX folder and then

open the file Global Settings, by using Notepad or such, and the first line there is  :

#define ReShade_ToggleKey        VK_SCROLL    //Set the key that should toggle the effects On/Off

There is a reference chart at the bottom of the Global Settings file, and also, a reference to Keycodes list, located in the SweetFX subfolder, named "Docs" :

so basically, you can reference that Keycode list to use the appropriate "VK_(your choice of key that toggles ReShade)" in editing the Global Settings file.

Example :

Changing #define ReShade_ToggleKey        VK_SCROLL    //Set the key that should toggle the effects On/Off

to be      #define ReShade_ToggleKey        VK_CAPITAL    //Set the key that should toggle the effects On/Off

Save Changes on exit of the file would then make the Caps Lock become the toggle key to enable or disable SweetFX.

And of course make sure that you select a keybinding that won't conflict with other keybindings, the Keycodes list shows your options!

I hope that this information is still useful, to yourself, and our other fellow hobbyists. Sorry for the late reply, as you know, there is a lot going on these days. :wacko:

Blue Skies,

! S -Jupp- :salute:

Edited by Jupp

I'm working on a new summer map profile currently. First screenshots of the new settings:

loi2h49v245nqmt7g.jpg

j7qw9i3664iy9cy7g.jpg

g81f4pl4226vb0z7g.jpg

wslyqo9879cba3z7g.jpg

I want to have some feedback first though as it's pretty hard to tweak colours on the new summer map (which has a distinctive blueish-purple tint and too much brightness). Also some map details may blend out with those settings, which unfortunately I could not find a solution for so far.

Would be cool if you could write which one you preferr (left | right). :)

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

I gave up messing with Vibrance as I found it impossible to make it work down low. The colours look too saturated..  I am using Fifi's colour settings which I think work well. All I did was lower the sharpening a little bit and turn vibrance off. Try mine out Stuka :D 

P.s. yours look great from up high!! However you have the same problem as me with vibrance on down low :/ 

I'm working on a new summer map profile currently. First screenshots of the new settings:

loi2h49v245nqmt7g.jpg

j7qw9i3664iy9cy7g.jpg

g81f4pl4226vb0z7g.jpg

wslyqo9879cba3z7g.jpg

I want to have some feedback first though as it's pretty hard to tweak colours on the new summer map (which has a distinctive blueish-purple tint and too much brightness). Also some map details may blend out with those settings, which unfortunately I could not find a solution for so far.

Would be cool if you could write which one you preferr (left | right). :)

right for me

• Upvote 1

Yeah, right side. The winter profile washes out the colors a bit on the summer/fall maps even though they vastly improved our original BOS maps. They look a little like pastel paintings in the former shots. (I pulled some red out of your winter settings and liked it on the snowy maps.) I like where you are going with these settings on the warm maps. Post it when you are done so we can upload ;)

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

Hello guys. I have problem. I download reshade and sweetfx on official sites. Insttaled and works but game crashs. Why ?  :(

~S~ Art,

I had the same problem after turning the in game AA setting to off  (thinking to do so because I use ReShade). Turning it back on to 4 resolved it for me.

~S~ 5tuka,

The second set of juxtaposed screens you posted squarely demonstrates that I also like the right side better. Even though I liked desaturation in "CloD".

I have not yet tweaked out ReShade yet, post v1.104, though I do see me doing so in the future as the trees are a little to "cartoony" as I have it set up now.

If you'd be so kind as to post your latest revision when you're satisfied with it, we would all be very grateful to have yours as a base to work from as before.

Two thirds of the players that use ReShade here are using your example file as a default, and the other third is using their own, built from yours, I thank you!

Keep 'em Flying,

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

Thx for the input, guess I'm on the right track than :)

Yeah - right side for me too (not liking it quite as much on the last shot as on the others, but it's hard to say why).

Yea I included the last one to show the "washed out" effect of closeups to the ground (namely dry earth looks a bit more blurry). I will continue to try solving this issue and getting the colours the way I want them.

Try mine out Stuka :D

Thx, had a brief look at it. Fo me it looked a little too desaturated and also added too much contrast to cockpits (less troublesome at daylight but pretty much at nighttime). I like the effect of technicolor though, might work with my settings as well :)

Yeah I am working on adding some more saturation.. :( and Yeah i had noticed the contrast was a bit dodgy as when the cockpit was in shade it gets pretty dark in there! Didn't even think about night time! I have some work to do hehe :P 

5tuka, how long til you can post a settings file?

Waiting, waiting, waiting..............

:)

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

5tuka, how long til you can post a settings file?

Waiting, waiting, waiting..............

:)

Your setting (designed on 5tucka one with less red) is working very nicely on summer and autumn !

Your setting (designed on 5tucka one with less red) is working very nicely on summer and autumn !

I think mine is a little washed out but I don't have the time currently to fiddle with it. I like the golden and green grass. Mine looks like old straw and desert on the autumn map ATM. I like 5tuka's work and find it mostly plug and play. Then I tinker with it when I have time.

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

~S~ Art,

I had the same problem after turning the in game AA setting to off  (thinking to do so because I use ReShade). Turning it back on to 4 resolved it for me.

Thanks. Now its ok  :salute:

ahhhhh - i just can't quite figure this out ... help!!

i can finally get reshade loading when i fire up il2

now i am getting a 3004 error ' undeclared identifier splitscreenpass' 

i think i am messing up on item 3 above ... the 'then make a preset to the right of that' portion

assistance please and thanks

Ron

Sry to those guys awaiting a new preset, unfortunately I have not managed to make the "breakthrew" I hope to yet given the summer textures are really hard to work with. I even considered just leaving the game default as it is (I wont give up on it though).

My goal is to give textures more warm colours and add more depth to cockpits. With the given lightning it's anything but easy though.

Evening Gents,

If I want to uninstall ReShade which files do I need to delete?

Thanking you

Yet another reason why you should be installing ReShade (like any other mod) via JSGME - then you wouldn't need to worry about what to uninstall.

In case it would help, here is a link to the Reshade/SweetFX JSGME-ready package I'm using/testing (still not quite satisfied with visual results, but it's working anyway) with BoS at the moment - perhaps you can work backwards from this and figure out what to manually uninstall from your setup:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zlfsw2aiwamlkp4/Reshade_%28Joker%27s%29_for_BoS_for_JSGME.zip

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

Yet another reason why you should be installing ReShade (like any other mod) via JSGME - then you wouldn't need to worry about what to uninstall.

In case it would help, here is a link to the Reshade/SweetFX JSGME-ready package I'm using/testing (still not quite satisfied with visual results, but it's working anyway) with BoS at the moment - perhaps you can work backwards from this and figure out what to manually uninstall from your setup:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zlfsw2aiwamlkp4/Reshade_%28Joker%27s%29_for_BoS_for_JSGME.zip

Thank you. I got it fixed.

V

Nope. You can try playing with the gamma a bit as well, though.

I already did that, but im not sure what SweetFX will bring to it.

I will giv it a try soon thou.

So FINALLY heres the first version of my IL-2 BoS summer settings for SweetFX 2.0. It's basicly 90% redone from scratch, many effects have been enabled/disabled and/or heavily readjusted from my previous settings.

As they were optimised for summer textures only be prepared for ugly effects on autum and winter maps (my previous winter settings are included in the Download as backup).

For the whole SweetFX2.0 Client + My custom Settings Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gp22i12t12k1at8/IL-2_BoS_SweetFX2.0_by_5tuka.rar

For SweetFX 2.0 custom Settings only Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2isrfpdh3yfx3xz/IL-2_BoS_SweetFX2.0_settings_by_5tuka.rar

Preview:

R3ZIMdu.jpg

1Mo5IXe.jpg

SLCgadd.jpg

20K8Vjd.jpg

MqPfDLk.jpg

3TduPHT.jpg

7E6BIdS.jpg

XYrvIm6.jpg

TP6kb1R.jpg

U38hMSg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QrjDKNx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mAeOkkA.jpg

Pls be aware that this is version 1.0 only. I might improve on it in future with more time for tweaking and testing. Opinions and suggestions are always welcome.

Hope you enjoy it and have fun flying / tweaking!

• Upvote 1

Some notes I forgot to add:

- the summer settings are adjusted for ingame gamma set to 0.8. If you use different gamma you might have to tweak the settings.

- it's harder to tell the differnece by the screenshots than ingame with motion, I can only recommend giving it a shot.

- still I don't know how happy you are going to be as I found it extremely hard to tweak settings to an aceptable level with the (sometimes strange) textures and unsuited lightning the summer maps have. Pls make backups firts before overwriting any of your previous settings.