I don't like fiddling with colors because what can look great on on map at a certain time of the day will look weird on another one.

The only real change I made was increasing just a bit the vibrance. This makes the blue underbelly of Russian planes a bit more noticeable from far distances but doesn't change much in the overall atmosphere of the game. 

Other than that, I also use the sharpening filter, it makes the instruments more readable to me. And that's it.

Could you give me your specific settings to try it ?

Guys, I have some version of Sweetfx downloaded and can spot some of its files but not all. I needed to find and remove them so I can load up with Reshade but cannot because I always skip some in the process of manually deleting them. Can anyone help me on how to identify the old unwanted Sweetfx files and get rid of them, please?

Pirabee.

Depending on hard drive space and internet download availability (need to update two instances), it can be quite useful to have two copies of BoS,

Easily done by copy paste (need to start with clean running version obviously) and 'mod' the second one without fear, you can only be logged into one at a time

Put your 'copy' in a separate named folder and create a separate named exe. for desktop

Not for everyone,  but it may be of some use for those who run into issues and want to always have a functioning version, delete 'gone bad' SweetFX (or 'mod' version in future) and copy again and you are back up and running with a clean version in minutes

Cheers Dakpilot

Yesterday I started using newest Reshade without mediator,hence we have in game fps counter now, using it is showing approximately 55 fps difference.

Turned out that for example if Reshade is running without effects  or  when it's turned off i have 170 fps (flying straight at 600m over Stalingard map in quick mission)

Turning Adaptive Sharpening reduced fps to140 fps;

Curves to 165;

Deband to 152;

LiftGamma to 169.

When they are all turned on they cumulative drop is to ~ 120 fps. 

Those effects also are addding some additional ms overhead so I perceive game as more sluggish. 

Image is real better but .... i have to tweak it out.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Interesting post and results Tomcat.  I have never really done a fps check for ReShade vs game default so I though I would.  The check is between my ReShade settings (posted above) being all OFF vs all ON.  I made tracks of two sorties then reviewed them.  I  paused a track at various points taking two readings, so the readings are of the fps rendering of the same exact scene.

My first sortie was flying at 600m over Stalingrad.

..........................................................Game.............ReShade............Difference

Approaching smoke column.................180..................134.....................46

In smoke column...................................124.................101.....................23

Between smoke columns.......................179.................150.....................29

View of city/forest side-zoomed..............223.................153.....................70

View of city/forest side-unzoomed..........150.................116.....................34

Averages................................................171.................131.....................40...~23%

I also did a sortie low over continuous forest which can be a big hit to fps.

..........................................................Game.............ReShade............Difference

Looking forward....................................136..................107...................19

To the side-unzoomed...........................135..................107...................18

To the side-zoomed...............................128..................102...................26

Averages...............................................133..................105...................21...~16%

Looking up.............................................250..................220..................30.....12%

In these situations where fps are hit the hardest, I am seeing a difference in fps from all settings OFF vs all ON ranging on average from ~20 to ~40 fps (16-23%). This is nowhere near the 120 fps drop you mention for all settings on.  It would interesting if someone else could post some results.

Of course with a 60Hz monitor I am only seeing 60 fps anyway, so I am not seeing any slow down, stutter, etc.

In these situations where fps are hit the hardest, I am seeing a difference in fps from all settings OFF vs all ON ranging on average from ~20 to ~40 fps (16-23%). This is nowhere near the 120 fps drop you mention for all settings on.  It would interesting if someone else could post some results.

Of course with a 60Hz monitor I am only seeing 60 fps anyway, so I am not seeing any slow down, stutter, etc.

No 120 fps drop but drop to 120 from 170 :-) so we are on the same page (yours averages)

BTW i have 3440x1440 @100Hz - so there is more pixels to "enhance".

No 120 fps drop but drop to 120 from 170 :-) so we are on the same page (yours averages)

BTW i have 3440x1440 @100Hz - so there is more pixels to "enhance".

Ahh, got ya.  Numbers are very close, good to know.  BTW, in general I see my fps around 180-200 above 1000m while flying and in aerial combat.

The worst case fps scenario is sitting on a dirt oval airfield on the Moscow map, especially with multiple aircraft present.

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

I dont get it. Im dumb. How do I install it?

There's nothing to copy and paste over and replace in my main BOS folder.

Autosetup doesn't work.

Edited by 2./JG51_Hobo

So guys, does any one have installation tips for Reshade 3.0? I followed in steps, select the EXE File & DX10 setup, did not download any add'l setup, when I run BOS start-up, keep getting messages for missing Re-shade files...please & thank you!

hmmm... isn't it DX11?

I think there's an option to load all the shaders, you can delete what you don't need later.

Once in, Shift-F2 to bring up the menu in game.

BTW I only use Reshade.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

You CAN'T just install reshade, run it and be done with it you MUST set it up.

- Install Reshade from download.
- Once installed it will ask to download shaders (do this)
- Once they all downloaded go into reshade folder and backup/move all Shaders you not going to use, reducing loading time and chance of crashing reshade.
- Keeping only the few shaders needed (4-5)
- Start the game and allow Reshade to load shaders
- Setup the shaders as they have no real Defaults that work well.

Enjoy a much richer and vibrant game experience.
sorry i rescaled the pic and it broke Antialiasing it seems :|
2qdoaye.jpg

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14

You CAN'T just install reshade, run it and be done with it you MUST set it up.

- Install Reshade from download.

- Once installed it will ask to download shaders (do this)

- Once they all downloaded go into reshade folder and backup/move all Shaders you not going to use, reducing loading time and chance of crashing reshade.

- Keeping only the few shaders needed (4-5)

- Start the game and allow Reshade to load shaders

- Setup the shaders as they have no real Defaults that work well.

Enjoy a much richer and vibrant game experience.

sorry i rescaled the pic and it broke Antialiasing it seems :|

Hey can you give me your  Reshade settings please ?  Thanks

What is the consensus on recommended shaders for this game to use and tweak?

haha sorry guys not looked in this thread a while..

Ill upload my settings for reshade

Shaders you will need installed are
SMAA (optional if you use ingame Anti A)
Vibrance
Tonemap
Finesharp (if you want)
Ingame Gamma set to 0.8

Copy following into .ini of your naming

curve_height=0.125000
D_compr_low=0.253000
Techniques=Vibrance,Tonemap,Mode1,SMAA,
KeyKNearestNeighbors=0,0,0,0
KeyNonLocalMeans=0,0,0,0
KeySMAA=0,0,0,0
KeyVibrance=0,0,0,0
KeyTonemap=0,0,0,0
KeyMode1=0,0,0,0
KeyMode2=0,0,0,0
KeyMode3=0,0,0,0
L_compr_low=0.169000
curveslope=0.400000
L_overshoot=0.003000
D_overshoot=0.009000
L_compr_high=0.337000
D_compr_high=0.504000
max_scale_lim=0.100000
pm_p=0.750000

[FineSharp.fx]
sstr=2.500000
cstr=0.900000
xstr=0.125000
pstr=1.272000
xrep=0.250000
lstr=1.490000

[SMAA.fx]
EdgeDetectionType=0.000000
EdgeDetectionThreshold=0.005000
MaxSearchSteps=48.000000
MaxSearchStepsDiagonal=16.000000
Coefficients=0.210000,0.720000,0.070000
CornerRounding=0.000000
ColorSaturation=0.000000
DebugOutput=0.000000

[Vibrance.fx]
Vibrance=0.999000
VibranceRGBBalance=1.050000,1.150000,1.100000

[Tonemap.fx]
Gamma=1.100000
Bleach=0.000000
Defog=0.000000
Exposure=-0.111000
Saturation=0.000000
FogColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

Enjoy

• Upvote 1

Hi. Sorry for the English. Need help in SweetFX settings in windowed mode works and in fullscreen does not load. I need to fix. Thanks.

Hi all

I have installed reshade 3.0.6 I would like to uninstall for a while to test differences and probably uninstall definetely. Can anybody tell me how to uninstall completely reshade?

Thanks in advance