BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 101 - Discussion

Hi Everybody!

This diary, as many of you requested, is devoted to the new things coming to our game. Version 1.101 will bring a lot of cool features along with important fixes for the old ones. You've asked for some of them pretty eloquently. We are listening. We do care.

Version 1.101 is the major preparation to the Early access program for Battle of Moscow. So, here's what we're preparing for you and what out testers will get to check first in a couple of days (or even less):

Features:

1. I-16 fighter will be available to pilots who preordered Battle of Moscow. Players who don’t have it will be able to fight with it;

2. HDR can be turned off;

3. SSAO can be turned off;

4. Draw distance can now be increased with a dedicated setting option;

5. New Choose plane screen added to Quick Mission builder;

6. F11 free camera is now available;

7. Your plane should be shaking because of explosions nearby;

8. Improved sun visuals on dusk and dawn;

9. More precise (realistic) calculation of the earth's curvatureж

10. Max number of players per server increased to 64;

11. An automated chat warning about insufficient server performance capabilities added;

12. Variations of bomb aerodynamics added for more realistic bomb spread;

13. Bombs can now ricochet if dropped at a low angle;

14. Snap view settings can now be reset with the Reset user settings option;

15. Bombing tips added to the bombsight mode, press “?” to show them;

16. Ammo counter for the hand signal pistol added to GUI;

17. The following rules are now applied to server names:

• first 3 letters of the name must be latin;
  • first 3 letters cannot be a single letter repeated 3 times;
  • names that include text from the config file are prohibited;
  • names that consist of latin letters, numbers, spaces and ( ) - / . , : = only are allowed;
  • a letter cannot be repeated more than 3 times in a row (aaa - okay, aaaa - not okay);
  • names can be not longer than 128 symbols;
  • symbols (not letters or numbers) can be repeated 2 times in a row max (== - okay, === - not okay)
18. Added cameras attachable to objects:
  • call in the currently selected object - LAlt + F2;
  • customisable configs are available here: \data\LuaScripts\WorldObjects\fixcameras
Take a break from reading for a second:

post-7693-0-56615100-1435328012_thumb.jp

And we proceed with the list of Fixes:

19. Watching game recordings should no longer cause game crashes;

20. Abrupt lightning changes at sunset time were fixed;

21. The issue with the camera jumping to a map corner instead of showing the player’s plane when crashed was fixed;

22. Wind correction setting for bombsights was changes. Now, when all settings are correct the target should not move in the sight when the wind is blowing;

23. The issue with bomb falling through the ground with no explosion fixed;

24. Heavy AA guns will be using contact fuses when shooting ground targets with HE rounds;

25. Pilots gestures in MP fixed;

26. Pilot’s heavy breathing should no longer be heard on the external cameras;

27. Incorrect drag caused by bomb holders on Fw 190 was fixed (thanks to the report submitted by Ze_Hairy);

28. Config files responsible for weather settings was changed (they are now divided adequately to different seasons. Missions that were made before this update must be reconfigured using the new weather config structure;

29. Airfield choice should no longer be instantly reset with a click on the map in Campaign;

30. Server list will not shake when scrolling it;

31. A rare issue with text lines in the list of scenarios only showing when under the mouse cursor was fixed;

32. The issue with the Start button unavailable for some time after entering an MP match as a gunner was fixed;

33. The gunner icon was fixed in MP;

34. The distance controlling element of the He 111 bombsight was fixed (it doesn’t jump anymore);

35. The bubble is moving smoother now in the Pe-2 bombsight (partially because we have one similar device in the office);

post-7693-0-60867800-1435328114.jpg

36. Spontaneous bomb release in Auto and Scope bombsight modes on He 11 fixed;

37. The issue with NaN values shown on the dashboard right after a start in MP fixed;

38. The bug with chat message colors in MP fixed;

39. The 3d marker showing the center of an attack zone was fixed (swords instead of a yellow border);

40. The exploit of avoiding navigation markers with a map on/off trick in MP was fixed;

41. Resetting control settings should also reset inverted axis;

42. Several bugs related to inverting axis (including those bound to mouse) were fixed;

43. Scroll bars in the GUI are now working in a more traditional way.

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 23

UAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ehm pardon. Excellent news!!!

Edit: must read again. Uff uff uff

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Wow I wasn't expecting this. Awesome update  :biggrin:

2. HDR can be turned off;
3. SSAO can be turned off;

4. Draw distance can now be increased with a dedicated setting option;

Max number of players per server increased to 64;

Since 1.101 won't be available for a bit - may want to change the first item "I-16 is now available" to "I-16 will be available" otherwise there is going to be a lot of "Where is the patch?? I want my I-16!!!" When it's still a few weeks away.

SSAO ability to be turned off is excellent news.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

Awesome update.

I have one teensy request regarding sound. Kindly make it so I can't hear my rounds hitting the enemy, and so I can hear the enemy's rounds hitting me. I've tried all possible fixes.

I'm looking forward to shooting the I16 down.

von Tom

Edited by von_Tom

Excellent update. The increased playercount should drawn in some more players. At least i know some that should become more active now.

Also great news on the graphicsoptions!!!

A question on this one: Does the drawdistance slider also affect drawdistance of airplanes?

And i am just a little disappointed because of the lack of statement on flapbehavior.

Great news on SSAO and drawing distance options , also 64 players for MP is great news.

A step in a right direction.

Looking forward to 1.101

64!!!!!!!!!!

In 2 weeks in a row, in our French Wednesday we had to refuse some players because the max of 48 players was reached... I'm looking forward for this patch and hope it will be live before next wednesday!

Thanks thanks thanks!

WOW!!! Can't wait for 1.101 it's going to be a great Update!!! great work lads

Could someone explain the benefits of being able to turn on and off SSAO?

Fantastic news. Only some more days.

#Great work and great patch :salute:

Could someone explain the benefits of being able to turn on and off SSAO?

You won't have that "dirty goggle" effect any more.

You won't have that "dirty goggle" effect any more.

Plus the fact that SSAO (and HDR to some extent) were huge resource hogs which is important for folks without the latest or strongest hardware. 64p layers increase is also very nice addition. MP wise.

Anyways, many thanks to devs for listetning their customers. Although I would like to see fully customizable video settings and 64+ servers. Also, dont forget we are getting the summer maps soon.

Edited by blackram_

Fantastic update! lots of great new features and fixes, especially f11 and other camera options :salute:

• Upvote 2

Excellent update showing the devs ARE listening (at least somewhat) I will be buying BOM premium the instant Full Graphics Controls come back but great start! Also #10 will hopefully bring some people back! Another 2 years and this could very well be the best FS ever :D

Wow, just wow.

Really wasn't exspecting this. I really thought we would see the I-16 at the end of July but not now. Good work. And so many fixes and finally the agbility to tweak graphics a bit more. Great job!

Zettman

Great news! Thank you for the graphics options!

Plus the draw distance and MP count. Woo hoo!

Edited by SharpeXB

Wow, just wow.

Really wasn't exspecting this. I really thought we would see the I-16 at the end of July but not now. Good work. And so many fixes and finally the agbility to tweak graphics a bit more. Great job!

Zettman

He said "to the testers". Whom does he mean with testers? The betatestercrew? Meaning premium preorderers will have to wait a little longer?

This is a great update to BoS! There are some nice improvements to immersion, such as smoother transitions to dark and your plane shaking from nearby explosions.

Well done! 

There is a lot of listening to customers in it: 2,3,4,6,10 ...to name a few huge steps. Great effort !

Edited by Quax

...should also add that that screenshot is gorgeous!

• Upvote 1

Absolutly Fantastic Work, Gentlemen.  :salute:

Wow, just wow.

Zettman

Sounds like the testers will get it in a few days. We probably wont see it for at least a couple weeks after that.

Sounds like the testers will get it in a few days. We probably wont see it for at least a couple weeks after that.

I feared that was the case. Well, still i am getting motivated again and with those changes showing they actually listening to us i less and elss regret preordering BOM.

Actually the I16 is a plane i am looking forward to give a go. After all its the equivalent to my precious Fokker DR1 from ROF. Turn and Burn baby:)

Players who don’t have it will be able to fight with it

BlackSix, probably change this to, "Players who don't have it will be able to fight against it," to avoid confusion. This could be interpreted as, "Players who don't have it will be able to fight in it." 

Edited by [TBC]HerrMurf
  • Upvote 1