Sign in to follow this  
6./ZG26_Emil

ARMA 3 new Pacific map

"You guess" it's paid DLC? It doesn't look like you gave much objection to purchasing BOM...

Nonetheless, I can see some cool Vietnam-esque scenarios playing out here - I will probably make the purchase.

I don't play Arma 3, but I'd gladly pay for a map of that quality for any modern FPS.

Looking good. Although I absolutely love the greek map, for it gets so damn close how greece looks in the real world, I'm looking forward to this new combat scenario.

its been anounced like free expansion long time ago hopefully we will keep our bucks

It's probably comes with the new campaign that has been announced long ago. Would be great if this was a free for all but I couldn't really blame them for making it a payed dlc. After all maps take a huge ammount of time and menpower to create, That accounts especially for Arma.

Looking nice although I have mixed feelings about the combat we can expect to see. Will there be more naval combat? How will tanks and trucks handle the new terrain (jungle)? How will aircrafts operate on this map with lots of cover for infantry and vehicles?

Oh and I want to fly that airplane that can be seen in the trailer.

looks like island made for RPG life mod  with jetski for rent ..etc 

Its probably end of tank battles in terrain like this maybe with amphibious types kinda pt-76 :)

Edited by szuszu

It's probably comes with the new campaign that has been announced long ago. Would be great if this was a free for all but I couldn't really blame them for making it a payed dlc. After all maps take a huge ammount of time and menpower to create, That accounts especially for Arma.

Looking nice although I have mixed feelings about the combat we can expect to see. Will there be more naval combat? How will tanks and trucks handle the new terrain (jungle)? How will aircrafts operate on this map with lots of cover for infantry and vehicles?

Oh and I want to fly that airplane that can be seen in the trailer.

Sure I don't mind paying either and everyone is on the DLC bandwagon these days, there are so many free mods out there for ARMA I think some people might not buy this but depending on cost I will probably get it.

I used to play ARMA 2 with a group called United Operations they were a sort of public mil sim and I remember we did a few Vietnam missions which were epic, you got choppered in to a hill and then had to fight of the attacks made by the VC.

Was that a A6M Zero I saw stuck in that tree :scratch_one-s_head: ?

Any one else looking for those Velociraptors ... Storm Troopers ... P-40's  :P ?

Map Looks good, looking forward to it!

I truly love A3 but it was the infuriating performance issues that caused me to stop playing :( I truly hope A4 will be a new or severely modified engine that will use available horse power of moder CPU's.

thnx Emil for the info.

Edited by T-oddball

I truly love A3 but it was the infuriating performance issues that caused me to stop playing :( I truly hope A4 will be a new or severely modified engine that will use available horse power of moder CPU's.

thnx Emil for the info.

I loved ARMA 2 and when 3 came out I was quite disapointed with the futuristic weapons and vehicles....I suppose it is 'progress' but it put me off for a while. The great thing about ARMA is the community is very large and there is a lot of cool mods for it, the only issue for me is I struggle to get some of them working.

My rig is pretty modern but I run a large resolution so large battles can bring the fps down to a snails pace which is annoying, it's a bit like our flights sims in that respect.

I loved ARMA 2 and when 3 came out I was quite disapointed with the futuristic weapons and vehicles....I suppose it is 'progress' but it put me off for a while. The great thing about ARMA is the community is very large and there is a lot of cool mods for it, the only issue for me is I struggle to get some of them working.

My rig is pretty modern but I run a large resolution so large battles can bring the fps down to a snails pace which is annoying, it's a bit like our flights sims in that respect.

80+ worth of hand edited files and 3 weeks in the making and as soon as I add A.I. my FPS tanks (2500K@4.3ghz) this was part of a much larger project, these castles can be put in the sky at any elevation :) I had frog jets laching off angle ramps at 5km in the air :) but the performance issue made them unplayable :(

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/432658543219974882/9A12FBA47B976AD823E9E4F6143DACB1B842B955/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/432658543219985062/FB4E07684FABFE4CE6B719680D13EDE88C4FC580/

Edited by T-oddball

There are some tweaks you can use which force multi thread/core usage and max ram/vram etc did you try them?

Edited by JG5_Emil

There are some tweaks you can use which force multi thread/core usage and max ram/vram etc did you try them?

link?

looks like one of those stupid gta style "sandbox" maps.

bohemia interactive's civilian entertainment branch is seriously pathetic. first they butchered arma with arma 3 gta wannabe, and now they're even copying their maps.

bad outdated engine, terrible animation system, clunky controls, and just plain ugly.

Sandbox in ArmA? Not possible .. lol ..

thx for the laugh though ..

Edited by golani79

bohemia interactive's civilian entertainment branch is seriously pathetic. first they butchered arma with arma 3 gta wannabe, and now they're even copying their maps.

bad outdated engine, terrible animation system, clunky controls, and just plain ugly.

Somebody's PC can't run the game!  :lol:

:rolleyes:

thnx Emil for the info.

Yeah even on the lowest setting it sometimes sputters and laggs.

Somebody's PC can't run the game!  :lol:

:rolleyes:

even 1000x instances of tetris will slow down the best machines. that's what happens when inept developers do not program or update their engine properly, and that is the case with arma 3. codes repeating themselves, memory leaks, and on and on.

games that look 100x better than it run twice as good.

basically, they just want an easy cash-in by pandering to casual gamers who like meaningless "sandboxes" where you can shoot videos with butterflies and do stunts. yawn.

ahem, this game used to be a military tactical shooter. now it's some boring gta wannabe:

77cec438f83a6aae63391a2950841b52.jpg

get a load of the lack of soft shadowing on the character and objects. is this 2003?

Edited by johncage

even 1000x instances of tetris will slow down the best machines. that's what happens when inept developers do not program or update their engine properly, and that is the case with arma 3. codes repeating themselves, memory leaks, and on and on.

games that look 100x better than it run twice as good.

basically, they just want an easy cash-in by pandering to casual gamers who like meaningless "sandboxes" where you can shoot videos with butterflies and do stunts. yawn.

ahem, this game used to be a military tactical shooter. now it's some boring gta wannabe:

77cec438f83a6aae63391a2950841b52.jpg

get a load of the lack of soft shadowing on the character and objects. is this 2003?

Wow, really guys ?

Play on decent servers. you won't experience FPS problems anymore...

''I HAVE 20 FPS ON A 100 PLAYER SERVER, PLS HELP, WORST GAME EVER, SHAME, SHAME''

I don't have the best system but neverthanless Arma 3 ran quite ifne even with my old graphic card (GTX660) (of course with reudced view range, which isn't a big deal for infantry fighting). Infact I even felt it more optimised than Arma 2 with better graphics. Sure, it's a demanding game on high settings, but unplayable? I don't think so.

There are enought decent combat server out there so no point in ranting over people enjoying mods.

• Upvote 1