Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 100 - Discussion

Hi Everybody,

DD #100 is here to bring good news which it does! Let’s start with Battle of Stalingrad.

First of all, BOS is becoming more affordable as soon as the sale is over. Starting June 22nd the Standard Edition will cost $49.99 and $79.99 for Premium. The next big thing is that BOS will get a map expansion this Fall. It will contain seasonal maps for the earlier stages of the battle along with corresponding Campaign Chapters. So you can see that we are actually are working on the two projects heavily. Furthermore, BOM development allows us to retroactively improve BOS. Upcoming features and changes we will be revealed in future dev diaries.

Meanwhile, we’re announcing the start of BOM Standard Edition sales. You’ll be able to pre-order a Standard for $49.99 starting June 22nd - the day when Operation Barbarossa was unleashed on the Soviet Union in 1941.

Early access to BOM is scheduled to begin in July. We’re doing our best to follow this plan precisely. If everything goes as planned, BOM pre-order owners will enter the Early Access stage inside the virtual cockpit of the I-16 also known as the “Rata”.

Note that owners of the BOM Standard Edition will get their early access invitations a little later in October, according to the current plan. And here’s what to expect from the first months of early access:

July - I-16 Type 24

August - MC.202 Series VIII

September - P-40 E -1

October - Bf 109 E-7

November - Bf 110 E-2

Release dates for the other 5 planes will be published later during the early access period.

This summer will be a fruitful one for Sturmovik simmers!

Check out these screenshots of the I-16 interior – Premium owners will be hopping into it in just a few weeks!

post-7693-0-85196600-1434722641.jpg post-7693-0-64555900-1434722645.jpeg post-7693-0-22607000-1434722648.jpg

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 11

So the I 16 Cockpit is another step up from the E7 one :salute:

Edited by Saurer

Can't wait for early access in July. Look at that cockpit!

Good work, Devs!

Have a nice Midsummer today!

''BOM Standard Edition will get their early access invitations a little later in October''

Mind if i ask why ?

Standard Editions customers  are customers as well, they should be able to access early access at the same time as the Premium Edition owners.

Appart from that,
Good stuff

Beautiful cockpit! Thanks for sharing the timeline with us.

Wow! Looking at how these planes are getting better and better, I'm starting to be happy they are saving the MiG-3 for last :)

Thanks.  Nice pics.  But a bit underwhelming for milestone update 100.  IMHO

• Upvote 1

Cool, nice update. Not a big Rata fan myself but that cockpit looks really attracting.

Bring in the new feautures, summer maps and rasie the MP player capacity to a reasonable ammount (64+) and you have another happy customer on the preordering list.

(Fixes for some acient BoS bugs would be nice to finally have as well)

Good stuff devs!!!!!!!!!  Nice cockpit and looks so realistic. :) :)

Cockpits seem too be much better than BoS or it's only an impression? Rendering? Textures?

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

''BOM Standard Edition will get their early access invitations a little later in October''

Mind if i ask why ?

Standard Editions customers  are customers as well, they should be able to access early access at the same time as the Premium Edition owners.

Appart from that,

Good stuff

Premium customers paid more and sooner. That is fair. We did the same with BOS.

Jason

• Upvote 13

Not really jumping for joy. So many little niggles still to be fixed.

Looks good anyway thanks I guess

• Upvote 3

Holy [Edited] that cockpit looks good.

Looking forward to see how it all unfolds. Great work.

Cheers.

Edited by Bearcat
Language

November - Bf 110 E-2 ohh long time to wait :(

My thoughts exactly......

Great stuff

Looking forward to the view, that "Rata" pit is very inviting! :good:

Thanks for the screenshots/news. :salute:

Thanks.  Nice pics.  But a bit underwhelming for milestone update 100.  IMHO

Yep. :mellow:

• Upvote 2

Premium customers paid more and sooner. That is fair. We did the same with BOS.

Jason

Alright, i guess that is 

That cockpit seems to set even higher standards than what we saw on the Bf 109 E7 amazing work. :biggrin:

But I gotta say: For the big 100th DD there aren't really that much 'news'. Apart from the specific release order of the first 5 BoM planes (which we, honestly, had already guessed from the pics posted thus far) there were nothing here we did not know already.

Looking forward to more info on posible new/improved features in the coming weeks.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

is this a joke....when it said BOM aircraft will be available in july i assumed you were talking plural...4 more month to get all the figther aircraft? when will we get the bombers? 2018?

that DD was kinda disappointing...in my eyes last weeks E-7 cockpit would've been much better 100th DD

Edited by Asgar
  • Upvote 2

is this a joke....when it said BOM aircraft will be available in july i assumed you were talking plural...4 more month to get all the figther aircraft? when will we get the bombers? 2018?

How's this any different from BoS early access? There the planes were released one at a time as well.

BoM is scheduled for release in Q1 2016, so this is likely when we will get the last plane (which I expect will be the Ju88)

Players of other flight sims are sometimes waiting years for the release of a single plane or map. We are getting loads of new maps in 3 different seasons along with 10 flyable planes with better looking cockpits and a new campaign for BoM plus an extended (maybe even improved) campaign for BoS and who knows how many other small improvements along the way, all within the next 6-8 months. And then you're complaining that it takes too long?!??!

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 4

Will we get to have the new BoM map as well as the I-16 in EA?

Will we get to have the new BoM map as well as the I-16 in EA?

In the BoM page it says, that we shouldn't expect the Moscow map before early 2016. Clearly the planes are first priority.

Fortunately we'll get the green maps Zeus are creating in the coming months.

For the 100th dev diary I thought it would have been a little special, you said that yourself. Nothing really in this one, and really underwhelming TBH.

The pics are nice but I really expected more I suppose.

Ah well back to the grind, even though I expected more, it is obvious that you are all hard at work and I'm really looking forward to the new seasonal maps, I'm sure that these will get more people playing BoS and eventually BoM.

Good luck,

Mick.  :russian_ru:

• Upvote 3

When the I-16 comes out in July, can we fly it in a Moscow map allready or do we have to use the Stalingrad maps?

When the I-16 comes out in July, can we fly it in a Moscow map allready or do we have to use the Stalingrad maps?

The Moscow map will be available in Q1 2016, you will use current BoS maps.

Happy but a little underwhelmed considering the hype from the DEV's last week. I was honestly hoping for the roadmap, which we got, and a major surprise of some sort; new campaign direction announcement, small summer map release, etc.

• Upvote 4

Not a big Rata fan myself 

That's only because you're not Portuguese and male and heterosexual  :)

Edited by jcomm

DD #100 is here to bring good news which it does!

:sleep: I have been waiting to drop back in.  Still no hurry for me.  :sleep:

Welcome news for DD 100. The BoS early access was a bunch of fun so I'm looking forward to trying out all the new BoM planes in the coming months.