Sign in to follow this  
TheMarauder

loading Video : HOW :

I would like someone to tell me how, when you're playing Il 2 and you hit the buttons to  record a video, how you find the videos after you have  taking them?

Sorry for the late reply

It records as a "track", not a movie, DCS does something very similar

To view a replay select "Flight Records"

2015_6_22__13_4_30_zpsjzg15f3e.png

Select the record then hit Load

2015_6_22__13_5_14_zpsyzxhqckk.png

The upside is that you can then view through all the normal camera modes internal and external. The idea being the you can go into action in the cockpit record the flight then view it from whatever viewpoint you like, internal, external, player, enemy etc:

The downside is it does not actually record the video, as in produce a video file. To do that you need to use some other tool, for instance Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia graphics card. There are also other 3rd party apps which you can usually download and try eg: DXTory, Mirrilis Action, Fraps etc: but most need to be paid for. Just checking Google throws up some free offerings too, I have no idea how good or bad these are.

I have Mirrilis as well but right now it crashes the game for some reason, so if you are going to purchase something make sure you trial it first it can be hit and miss.

The actual Tracks are kept in the /Data/Tracks subdirectory and each one contains a file plus a folder. With these another owner of BoS can play your track if he loads them into his Data/Tracks diectory.

That's all I know about it

I just bought Dxtory it's pretty cool :)

Fraps seems to hate SLI so I've binned it, shadowplay isn't too bad though but caused me some issues.

JG5_Emil

Mastiff posted how to set up Shadowplay in this thread.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16149-anybody-experiencing-problems-running-mirrilis-action-bos/

When I duplicated his settings Shadowplay runs a treat. The drawback I've found with Shadowplay though is the files are pretty huge.

Just in case you wanted to try it

If you think shadowplay files are big Dxtory can make absolutely gigantic ones. I tested 1440p with 60 fps and a high bitrate and wrote a 50 gig file  :lol:

Time to buy a large 7200 rpm HDD as my poor SSDs can't take it 

Good Grief I see what you mean. I downloaded the trial version, the files are HUGE!!!

Like 10Gb a minute jeez. Even though I have quite powerful setup the video produced was so big it was causing choppy playback, I used a convertor to go to MP4 at a reasonable res and reduced the file size for a very short clip from 16.4Gb to 350Mb.

Do you find DxTory choppy at all and have you any tips for your settings JG5?

I'd love to see any test clips just out of curiosity, I really like the interface but it could do with some better help files.

I just remembered something I think Dxtory conflicts with MSI Afterburner so close that application down and maybe turn off Shadowplay as well.

Thanks for that

I'm going to try some configs and see how I get on. The quality of that video is very impressive

Think I got to the bottom of the "choppy" video.

Its down to the lossless codecs that DxTory uses.

As its lossless the file sizes are not just huge but require an insane amount of processing power to run in playback and a lot of players/computers just cannot handle it.

I tried converting a couple of files to mp4 using either H.264 codec or mp4s native codec and the files are reduced to around 25% or less and they playback fine.