Sign in to follow this  
badkiller180

How do you launch a mission made in the editor

~S~ BK,

First off, you need to have an email account separate from the one you use for your current game account. This new email is used for logging the Dserver (your hosting app) to the "Master Server".

To start a server you need to be authorized on the Master server with a game account. And since it is not possible to play and host with the same account simultaneously, you need an extra account.

But of course you don’t have to buy a new key for this purpose - you can use one of our specially prepared Dserver accounts.

To get login and password to such account you need to submit a request at our Customer service helpdesk.

Attention!

To get your ticket processed please follow the following template precisely :
login to your account at http://il2sturmovik.com/
follow this link https://il2sturmovik...upport/request/
put this as the ticket title: DSERVER please
enter the text of the ticket as follows:
Hello!
Please, provide me with a special account that I would like to use to host a dedicated server. I know that such account would not let me play the game and that it doesn’t have planes on it, and I acknowledge that such account is the property of 1C Game Studios.

send this request and wait for response;
receive the account credentials and put them into the .SDS server configuration file.

And attention once more!

Giving out the extra dserver account takes time.

FYI:

The file with .SDS extension saves all the settings of your server. A mission can be saved as .MISSION, or .MSNBIN - for ranked servers.

That's a heads up on the process,

Setting up the Dserver, Router Port Issues if any, and Mission Editor fundamentals... to follow upon request,

Good Hunting!

S! -Jupp- :salute: 

Jupp's excellent info is for MP missions. For SP it's mostly making sure you've saved it in the right place (...data/missions... if memory serves - someone will hopefully correct me if this is wrong). If it is, you should be able to find it in the "Single Missions" user interface.

i would have a question in this regard as well....

building a multiplayer mission for a server, is there a way to quickly test the mission within singleplayer? or would you need to host the mission everytime you make little changes and see if things are working?

Edited by 9./JG27DavidRed

building a multiplayer mission for a server, is there a way to quickly test the mission within singleplayer? or would you need to host the mission everytime you make little changes and see if things are working?

I'm sure that Prangster's ME manual covers this situation.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17721-prangsters-il-2-bos-mission-building-guide/

Weeeell... [sucks teeth in the manner of a cowboy builder wondering how much to charge for a botched job...]

If you've made an MP mission and want to test it in an MP environment, I don't think there's any alternative to quitting the ME, starting a DServer, loading the mission in the DServer and then joining your own server. Depending on your set-up that's easily 5 minutes right there. You'll be brewing a lot of cups of tea while you're waiting for stuff to load.

The alternative (thanks, Prang, old chap) is to test it as an SP mission. Substitute a "Player" aircraft for the MP spawn point, and then resave it in the SP folder. Don't forget, for testing purposes, you can position your player aircraft right next to whatever trigger you're trying to test. 

[i'm not convinced, though. Some MCUs don't work or work differently in SP as opposed to MP, so if you've been very fancy with your triggers and groups, it might be worth it just to cancel life for a day and just test it in MP. If only there was a quicker way!....Grrrr!....]

Edited by No601_Swallow