Sign in to follow this  
No601_Swallow

Is there a feature-request/improvement-suggestion thread for the ME?

I've looked (a bit) but can't find a thread where we can/could/might gather suggestions for MCUs or features that could be added to the ME.

Personally, I think having the map-view has really helped to improved the usability of the ME, and I was wondering if people had any suggestions about features that are missing, or it would be good to have.

Given how the ME is designed, certain features present in other sims' FMBs will not be possible. For instance, I'd love it if there was a way to improve testing of MP missions (at the moment, you have to quit the ME, start up the DServer, start up the game, load the mission, then run it - at least that's what I do...) but I expect this would be impossible to improve given how the ME and DServer work. So it would be a waste of time and pixels to discuss pie-in-the-sky nonsense. But there may be other suggestions that are constructive to make!

For instance, there might be MCUs that could be added. At the moment, I'd love a proximity trigger that works for AI and player entities in MP (I don't think I can get it to work, but then maybe I'm using it wrong). The complex trigger half works, but it's location-based - I'd like a complex trigger (proximity) that's tied to moving (AI) objects.

I can't think of others off hand, but there may be other features on an ME wishlist out there.

[Apologies if this duplicates other discussions. I just don't want to see those annoying "players" in the general discussion forum getting all the fun suggesting improvements to the game...   :P ] 

Edited by No601_Swallow

[Thanks Murf, but the suggestions (and general discussion) forums often get bogged down in 'friendly discussion' about this or that flight model or DX-thing or blah blah blah (including myself, natch). In my limited experience, people (well I, anyway!) tend to be of a more constructive frame of mind here.]