Freycinet

Latest summer map update, by Zeus!

post-276-0-54161700-1434311816.jpg(From earlier in the same Russian thread - in case nobody's linked to it yet...!)

:cool:

[Could be from an epic landscape by a 'great master'...  Come to think of it, it is a... etc! ]

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 4

Some more good news from that thread :) Answering question about possibility of turning off SSAO and other post-processing effects...

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/3095-obsuzhdenie-dnevnikov-razrabotchika-chast-9999/?p=305748

... Ждите И-16, он привезет новые настройки для графики....

Wait fot I-16, it will bring new settings for graphics.  :dance:

Edited by 102nd-YU-shtele

post-276-0-54161700-1434311816.jpg(From earlier in the same Russian thread - in case nobody's linked to it yet...!)

:cool:

[Could be from an epic landscape by a 'great master'...  Come to think of it, it is a... etc! ]

Stalingrad summer!!! looks damn good too!

Hi all :)

Yes this early wip screens from one heightmap, but with the different textures sets and distance from the one to another places shown on pictures about 200km.

PS. And I'm not sure, whole heightmap or just some parts of it will be accepted by this enthusiast team. :)

• Upvote 2

Yes this early wip screens from one heightmap, but with the different textures sets and distance from the one to another places shown on pictures about 200km.

PS. And I'm not sure, whole heightmap or just some parts of it will be accepted by this enthusiast team. :)

The heightmap looks nice with these textures :cool:

If the team want to work with the whole map.... they need an enthusiasm overdose.... :o:

What type of topographic data was used to create the height map? SRTM1?

What type of topographic data was used to create the height map? SRTM1?

SRTM1 (and 2) isn't precise and accurate enough

... and anyway, there's no SRTM data above 60°N

Oh man this is awesome. :dance:

More graphics options would be very nice (even if it's not a full range of options) -Just being able to control SSAO and a few other things would be a marked improvement.

Summer getting ever closer and a completely new map with some real elevation in the works.

And then DD100 on Friday which will no doubt outline how BoM EA is going to happen.

It's barely been half a year since BoS was officially released and already I'm this excited about new stuff. Which other sim can claim that kind of progress at such a high speed?

So its above 60°N ?

If it's really Murmansk it's gotta be.

Edited by Finkeren

I think he said if he can find some one that can rewrite into the DX11 code, they would but only big AAA houses can afford those guys.