Sign in to follow this  
SpaydCBR

Got my first kill in MP! :)

I know probably none of you care about this, but after playing SP only for about 40 hours, just practicing maneuvers and tactics I've read about and watched on YouTube, I tried my first MP match.

I chose the bf109 F-4 since flying German is all I've been doing, took off and climbed to about 4000 meters. I later saw a plane shooting at another plane, so I went to investigate and determined that the one in the rear was Russian (practicing without icons probably paid off here). I quickly went into a dive, approached the target from the rear and proceeded to light him up with all of my guns (including wing pods). I was awarded the kill on that first pass but unfortunately I couldn't avoid hitting his corpse so I ended up crashing too :)

It was most likely just a fortunate situation. A replay would probably show a very simple and uninteresting kill but my heart was pounding in my chest and my hands were sweating. I had to leave the server after that but the feeling, rush and satisfaction I got from that one easy kill made me want to keep playing. I'm sure most of you don't even feel anything anymore haha.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. Maybe to encourage other SP only players to just go ahead and try the much more intense MP and increase the player count, or maybe I'm just overly excited that I didn't completely suck on my first try :)

I'll try to muster the courage to play more often!

• Upvote 6

Great! I still remember the satisfaction I felt when I got my first kill in MP. And guess what? It only gets better as you progress further.

I felt the same way after my first kill in MP RoF.  Unfortunately I figured out later that it was an AI.  I have hated AI on MP servers ever since then.

Hi Spayd, Congrats on your first ol-kill. It's very normal to be excited enough to want to tell other flight simmers about it. Unless you have tried online flight simming you would have no idea what all the excitement is about. I to can remember my hands shaking so much there was a real danger of missing my target altogether. The best thing is that feeling never really goes away, you just learn to control it. The other thing is it gets better the harder it is. Full real servers are for us real junkys. It also explain why some of us get so passionate about DM and FM, we try hard to de-game the game.

Any how salute to your kill.

It definitely feels a lot better than in some first person shooter, doesn't it.

Good job, comgratulations!

Your experience reminds me mine. *^^*

Have a nice Flight (BOS)!

Nice first step in MP ;)

If you go on try getting in a squad and fly coop missions. It's by far the best experience, really immersive and rewarding to just be able to fly in formation and reach the objective without anyone getting killed thanks to team work.

Exemple : Last friday bomber mission we're all human player on the pics :

935442201566153537.jpg

42990020156615332.jpg

79797320156615321.jpg

• Upvote 4

AWESOME! play more MP youll get better! im more of a bomber guy but i like fighters as well. my hands still sweat every time after about 3 years flying MP 

I still remember mine. I even tried to keep track, but quit counting after 350 or so lol. The I mark in my sig stands for each victory.

Edited by OCTz06z33

Thanks guys :)

@Luny

That does look pretty cool, and I would like to play with a squad some day. I'm pretty into immersion and realism but I'm new to flight simming. I heard The Eagles Nest was a fun objective based server, but I've never played it because I don't really want to play a game mode that requires teamwork alone, and I'm too shy to join any TS servers with a group of people that already know what they're doing haha. Also it seems a little overwhelming and intimidating for somebody just starting like me (I don't like to be completely useless when I play MP!).

I'll probably go finish practicing doing other things than fighting like level and dive bombing and gunning before I try the more complex game modes so that I will be well rounded and somewhat competent.

Nothing wrong with flying lone wolf. You just need to follow some rules of combat and you will find you will get home alive more often (more important than getting a kill IMHO). As for ts, I too find talking a bit intimidating but you can always log on and just listen. You'd be amazed at what you mite learn. 

There is no reason not to join TS. Just stay quiet and you'll quickly realise that most of the others are just as clueless as you :-)

First online kill! - What a glorious experience.

I got on teamspeak for the first time the other night, had a great conversation with some guys,one from Illinois and the other from Croatia. It's a good opportunity to speak to people from different parts of the world.

Teamspeak is also a very good way to get quick answers if you have questions, some of us have been flying online for many years and are still willing to help.

My first MP kill in a WW2 sim was  back in '96 but I still remember ;)

Edited by UF_Luny

There's nothing like the first time. I still remember my first online kill in IL-2:1946. I was in a Bf-109G-2 and I killed an I-16. I blew off his right wing and when he started rolling my bullets kept going into him. Then he caught fire and went in. I was completely taken back and was so proud I got nailed another I-16 lol.

My first was on a full real server and I cam up on a bandits six and blasted him. But as he rolled out of the sky I saw the crosses on his wings. I'd shot down one of my own.  After apologising the guy was rely good about it and gave me some tips in ac identification.

Edited by Wombat

Tonight I got my first kill on an expert server after a real dogfight.

Up until now all my kills on expert have been either against bombers or bouncing an enemy who hadn't seen me. In those cases where a true dogfight emerges, I usually lose contact and either miss my target or end up getting shot down.

Back in early-early access when MP first opened we were all more or less on the same level, struggling to learn how to fly these machines, so MP scores came quickly to me back then since we were all nearly equally bad.

Because of my lack of head tracking gear until recently I was kept out of expert servers and only really started there a few weeks ago.

Nice Finkeren! What were you flying and what did you shoot down?

My first was on a full real server and I cam up on a bandits six and blasted him. But as he rolled out of the sky I saw the crosses on his wings. I'd shot down one of my own.  After apologising the guy was rely good about it and gave me some tips in ac identification.

Classic, Wombat! :lol:

Edited by DendroAspis

Nice Finkeren! What were you flying and what did you shoot down?

There was nothing impressive about the kill itself, I was in a Bf 109 G2 and he was in a LaGG and even though he got the jump on me first he swooped up from below and was at an energy disadvantage from the start, so the fight was skewed heavily in my favor after he missed his first shot. It was a good fight though with lots of twists and turns, and a great feeling of satisfaction since I managed to keep visual contact throughout the fight, despite the fight taking place among some heavy clouds.

In the ind I got him with a good salvo and crippled his plane, but in my triumph I overshot and offered him one last shot just as his engine was cutting out, so I had to limp home with holes in both wings and leaking coolant. I did make a succesful landing though and got full points :biggrin: