22GCT_RedBaron

Small patch for the wonderful tool created by NobbyNoobs, Ruler

Hi all, If you want to see the plants of all airports on the map of Stalingrad, with runways, taxiways, and parkings, I modified some files of wonderful tool created by Nobby Nobbs, Ruler. I used the images from this document, Bos Airfield Reference, modified with Photoshop. The plants aren't to scale, otherwise it would be unreadable. You can download the patch from here. You must use the downloadable version of Ruler, of course. Simply overwrite the original folder.

Thank you again to NobbyNoobs and to boys Group "HALCONES ROJOS", zal in particular, for their splendid achievements. I hope that my small patch might be useful. And I also hope that one day can do the same with the map of Velikie Luki ... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Best regards to all from Italy.

:salute:

Fabio

This is an example:

post-23690-0-79408600-1433063245_thumb.gif

• Upvote 12

This is a really useful addition. Kudos; looking forward to using once I get flying again.

Nicely done RedBaron!

IMO, this should be the way the map is shown in the game itself. I even wrote a suggestion to the developpers some time ago to have the airfields shown in the map as you did. I think the in-game map has enough "resolution" to do it, as you can even see smaller structures in it when you fully zoom in.

Fabio

Thanks for this added it to NobbyNoobs tool with the stopwatch, its great a addition.

Before the reference book it was a PIA having to overfly spot the (difficult to see sometimes) base then do a circuit. Now I have headings and with your tool a mission and headings can be planned in the one place making it even easier.

Your effort is appreciated

John

I didn't really get how to install the patch...

The original folder has a folder with some js and css and an html file, plus two folders - "icons" and "titles"

The patch creates a folder named FatRuler, with an "images" subfolder, and is supposed to be copied over the original "Ruller" folder, but.... is that really it ?

Thx

A terrific enhancement to an outstanding tool.  Nice work RedBaron!  Thank you!!

UPDATE

I figured it out. For those of you who cant get it to work, what I did is open up the fatruler (patch) folder until you see a folder name 04. Then open up the original ruler folder you'll see a folder called tiles. Open that up and you'll see a folder named 04 just drop the fatruler patch 04 folder into that folder that has original 04 folder, when windows asks to overwrite say yes. DONE!

Looks great.  I'll try it.  Thanks so much..