LukeFF

Seriously, some of these campaign missions are...

Recently I started playing with the ME and opened a generated campaign mission to see how it was put together. Needless to say, a lot of stuff is happening and because of the way it is generated, the mission components are not very easy to tease apart and it takes a little bit of time to get the structure.  

However, you can easily make some simple modifications to the mission, like adding wingmen at the start or additional enemy/friendly flights to spice things up to and from the target area. You can change the silly on-screen messages and even assign names to the friendly AI planes. I then save the mission as a single player mission to my list. This also allows me to customize the difficulty settings.

Of course, you don't earn XP and it does not affect your pilot rating since the missions are now flown as single player and not part of the official campaign.  All is not lost though, as I am using the new IL-2 Career Generator utility to track my stats and really enjoying it even though I have to go through the ME dance to add a little more variety to the missions.

You should give it a try. Highly recommended  :salute:

Edited by Toxin1

just more proof the sp was an afterthought. 777 is becoming cynical like the rest, bad sign. hopefully bom can show they know what they're doing. if not. bye.

That proves no such thing. All it "proves" is that the team was hard pressed to devote too much time to making SP missions..

I don't think making SP missions is a waste of time. It's why I bought BOS and BOM. Until they had a SP option I wasn't ready to invest $$ in the project. MP is fun but I often don't have the time or opportunity to sign up to a team and commit the time to do my comrades right. So SP is the way I mostly go. I expect to play MP more if there were more flexible or dynamic sessions. I don't know what that would look like. But SP is important to me. Important enough that I would want some dev time put into that. Either as part of ongoing work, or perhaps as another purchase pack where we crowd source dev time to create something that more people would enjoy. There is lots of potential and the game itself is ferrucketn awesome! I love playing it. Some of the stuff I read about AI becoming borg strong and impossible to beat makes me uncomfortable. I'm level 8 and have only been playing the Lagg3. I wanted to go through the entire theater in each plane but now I'm concerned that by the 8th plane I won't be able to have any fun. So dev guys... don't forget some of us plunked our $$ down for SP. And I plan to buy more components if the game continues to be fun. Hell, I bought a brand new rig, just to play this game!.

In the beginning it was stated single player would be the main focus of BoS. It seems to me, that didn't quite work out... I do hope for a proper career mode in the future, I'd gladly pay for it, too. I'll wait and see what is delivered with BoM in regards of single player and then decide, if I will buy it on that point alone.