jaydee

Would you Pay for a Good Single-Player Campaign Addon ?

Hi all !. Before someone shouts "I already paid" I will answer "We haven't got one  and probably wont get one ". To me that's just being realistic. "You can jump up and down all you like ,but it is what it is."

I would Pay for good single player content. Here are my reasons :

(1)I want to enjoy flying BOS/BOM as a single player. BOS has great core. Its a great feeling of flight. The clouds, weather and overall "Flying" world is fantastic (IMHO)....But there is no immersion. What do I DO in this great sim ? QMB over and over ? There are a Few Player-created missions(Thank you Coconut and others) but they are few and far between....I want more Single-Player action from BOS.

(2) I realize that to get the Single-Player element is going to take work by the Devs....We have got a "Small" Dev company with a" Small" market... To put a Programmer to work on it alone is not feasible.(IMHO)... What If they had the funds supplied ?

(3) I have spent thousands on my hardware (PC). I have a Pc that will run All of the "Others". Ive built this PC to "Fly" !.. Ive spent less than $180 on BOS/BOM... 18 months of entertainment (not bad value I reckon)....I am willing to spend a little bit more on software.

(4) Because of the Complexity of FMB, I think, player contribution is going to be very slow...The Devs probably know FMB inside out(I hope)...I believe they would be the "fastest" at providing a Good Campaign. (If they had the resources to have someone working on it.)

Again Lads(Like the rest of our lives), I believe it come down to money. We want something, we gotta Pay !...I am willing to pay.

~S~ to all

@Mods ,could I request a Poll on my topic. A "No comment, Yes or No" poll.... Comments can be aired Here in this Thread and Votes(in the Poll) can be seen by Jason to evaluate the demand.

~S~

I just saw the other Topic related to this...

Edited by jaydee

No, though mainly a single player and heavily interested in what you propose, I think  I already paid enough for this game.

I will pay for BoM and addons if this type of campagne is available

Sorry but I still expect to get one free of charge since BOS was advertised as SP game before anything else. I don't care if it takes two more years, but I expect some form of carrier ROF like SP at the end.

I do not think we will ever see proper dynamic one that carry over results and consequences from mission to mission (this I would be willing to pay for if some 3rd party develops it just right). 

• Upvote 3

Yes, but it looks likely that the only way we are going to a proper dynamic campaign with hopefully a full career mode is via 3rd party. Saying that though BoS at it core is for me, the best WWII flight sim out there and I'm having a huge amount of enjoyment online. Just sorely missing a decent SP experience.  

• Upvote 1

Yes I would happily pay. A separate campaign module would be a good idea. The purely MP people would not be out of pocket then.

One condition though, it would most definitely need to be user configurable. I would not want a repeat of RoF where the interface and historical content was one of the very best ever, but is wasted entirely on barren mission templates that leave out all but a token force of aircraft and objects.

• Upvote 1

I would not pay, look at old IL 2. thousands of campaigns for free. If there is not interest for making this for free, then this community will not last in the long run. If it is all about the money and nothing for the contribution. I would not pay a dime, I rather make them for free myself just to ruin the marked

Perhaps it's more accurate le0ne to ask if you'd pay for the development of a campaign "structure". The coding to process, grant or deny kill claims, allow you lead and train a squadron, manage pilots, cope with experience, morale, fatigue or mechanical readiness. Juggle the demands of headquarters against the survival of the unit.... The framework to simulate what it was to serve in an active unit in wartime.

I'm enough of a sucker to say that I'd even pay the full price of the game over again for a really top notch campaign or career mode with lots of replay value.

I'd feel better about a price tag of 20-40$ though, and it would propably also be more palatable to most people.

• Upvote 2

Everyone raves about the Pat Wilson campaign I wonder if it could be based on the code from that?

Everyone raves about the Pat Wilson campaign I wonder if it could be based on the code from that?

Pat said that anyone's free to adapt PWCG to BoS, but personally, he isn't interested.

Pat said that anyone's free to adapt PWCG to BoS, but personally, he isn't interested.

Yeh so the code is there it just takes someone who know's what they're doing to adapt it since the FME is almost the same as ROF.

I think in time we're going to see this kind of stuff appear anyway but if there was a paid for one I would buy it even thought I probably wouldn't play an offline campaign. Alternatively a kickstarter type thing or donations to a group who wanted to do it could be a good idea.

Of course l would!

But i have to say that i do understand all those who say no, i too am disapointed by the single player dimension of the game.  I really love the core of the game, it's fantastic, no question, but the single player campaign is so boring and lacks personal initiatives so badly (aka go to action point, go to exit point to be jumped by  "surprise", then land... ) I would rather plan my mission as i want, i really don't need help!

I just prefer campaigns in IL2 original and would like to have something similar, or something like what Feathered proposes (sweet dream).

Still i love this game and would pay for any single player improvement.

Edited by KosmoGol77

I didn't like the Pat Wilson campaign programe very much.  To be honest I found it ugly and intrusive.  The only thing that it had going for it was that it could be widely configured.  If 777 had allowed the beta career to be user-configurable, there would have been no use for PWCG.

I didn't like the Pat Wilson campaign programe very much.  To be honest I found it ugly and intrusive.  The only thing that it had going for it was that it could be widely configured.  If 777 had allowed the beta career to be user-configurable, there would have been no use for PWCG.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I flew on either of them so I only know what I've read, I have most planes in ROF but only flew QME and then some online for a while mainly because I was curious to see what BOS would be like but then got a bit over enthusiastic and bought everything :D

I'm mainly an onliner but I want to see the offliners get something they're happy with and I think they will do eventually :)

:o:

Yes. As an example look at the Desastersoft campaigns made for CoD. Those are excellent and I would expect them to be payware considering how elaborate they are. I have no trouble paying for extra content that is worth the price.

Yes I would happily pay. A separate campaign module would be a good idea. The purely MP people would not be out of pocket then.

One condition though, it would most definitely need to be user configurable. I would not want a repeat of RoF where the interface and historical content was one of the very best ever, but is wasted entirely on barren mission templates that leave out all but a token force of aircraft and objects.

+1

Because deep SP campaign is the one essential thing this beautiful sim lacks, so I would pay and say yes for some sort of quality SP content - campaign a la ROF.  :cool:

Of course I would.  Name the price, and be quick about it.  Enough with the dilly dallying.

Edited by avlSteve

I would pay for a real sp campaign, but having the tools turned over to the community after is the key, and where we get our money's worth with all the community made campaigns there after.

Hi all !. Before someone shouts "I already paid" I will answer "We haven't got one  and probably wont get one ". To me that's just being realistic. "You can jump up and down all you like ,but it is what it is."

I would Pay for good single player content. Here are my reasons :

(1)I want to enjoy flying BOS/BOM as a single player. BOS has great core. Its a great feeling of flight. The clouds, weather and overall "Flying" world is fantastic (IMHO)....But there is no immersion. What do I DO in this great sim ? QMB over and over ? There are a Few Player-created missions(Thank you Coconut and others) but they are few and far between....I want more Single-Player action from BOS.

(2) I realize that to get the Single-Player element is going to take work by the Devs....We have got a "Small" Dev company with a" Small" market... To put a Programmer to work on it alone is not feasible.(IMHO)... What If they had the funds supplied ?

(3) I have spent thousands on my hardware (PC). I have a Pc that will run All of the "Others". Ive built this PC to "Fly" !.. Ive spent less than $180 on BOS/BOM... 18 months of entertainment (not bad value I reckon)....I am willing to spend a little bit more on software.

(4) Because of the Complexity of FMB, I think, player contribution is going to be very slow...The Devs probably know FMB inside out(I hope)...I believe they would be the "fastest" at providing a Good Campaign. (If they had the resources to have someone working on it.)

Again Lads(Like the rest of our lives), I believe it come down to money. We want something, we gotta Pay !...I am willing to pay.

~S~ to all

@Mods ,could I request a Poll on my topic. A "No comment, Yes or No" poll.... Comments can be aired Here in this Thread and Votes(in the Poll) can be seen by Jason to evaluate the demand.

~S~

I just saw the other Topic related to this...

these are the people to ask http://www.desastersoft.com/en/news

They stopped all campaign production, rumor I heard the interest wasn't there. Maybe if they were made an offer they couldn't refuse to cross over to this sim, but I've seen no indication that they are interested in BOS.

Depends.

I've paid for some 3rd party sp campaigns fpr IL2 pacific fighters and Il2 forgotten battles that had been excellent and had an enormous content and quality. Worth every penny I have spent. 

EDIT (I am not going to buy from desastersoft however (they seem to be not interested anyway) for specific reasons that I won't lay out here.)

I for my part don't believe that devs (any) will provide anything that comes close. I also doubt that the money generated by some campaign addon will generate enough resources to allow devs to hire 2 or 3 people dedicated to create such a content. 

Thus said, no, I won't buy any campaign addon and rather prefer the devs to create additional planes, maps and ground objects and that they further develop the engine so it can handle more objects in one mission and maybe one day switch to a more modern DirectX.

Edited by sturmkraehe

As far as I know Desastersoft campaigns for CLoD were not a success and they will not be making any more due to the very small amount of return on investment (from Desastersoft)....I think the question has already been answered,

As with ALL sims it has been the community that has created the content, and done the thousands of hours of historical research because it is something they deeply care about, not something that is a 'product'. Any money spent on campaigns would be far better utilised on providing tools for the community...

Cheers Dakpilot

Yeh so the code is there it just takes someone who know's what they're doing to adapt it since the FME is almost the same as ROF.

I think in time we're going to see this kind of stuff appear anyway but if there was a paid for one I would buy it even thought I probably wouldn't play an offline campaign. Alternatively a kickstarter type thing or donations to a group who wanted to do it could be a good idea.

This has kind of bugged me since all this started. I read posts across multiple forums and I have found that some of the loudest critics of the BoS campaign.. claim to have coding experience.. which for me begs the question.. given the nature of things and in light of the quoted post below one would think that some of these folks who are so unhappy with the BoS SP campaign would consider attempting to put their stamp on this next generation IL2.. like Starshoy and Lowengren did in IL2... particularly since the PWCG is there and he has offered it up to anyone who wants to make it over in the IL2 image... yet at least from where I sit as far as I can see there are no takers... just a lot of people complaining and going on and on about how much better this sim would be if it had a decent SP campaign.. Of course there are those of us who do not have the skills to do any of this.. and some SP fans who wish they did have the skills... and would gladly do so .. but IMO the ones who do have the skills need to step up to the plate or let it go. People seem to forget that the initial campaign system in IL2 was not that great.. it was Starshoy with DGEN and Lowengren with the DCG that made the SP campaigns that we now have in IL2 that so many go on and on about possible..

As far as I know Desastersoft campaigns for CLoD were not a success and they will not be making any more due to the very small amount of return on investment (from Desastersoft)....I think the question has already been answered,

As with ALL sims it has been the community that has created the content, and done the thousands of hours of historical research because it is something they deeply care about, not something that is a 'product'. Any money spent on campaigns would be far better utilised on providing tools for the community...

Cheers Dakpilot

Probably not, but I would throw loads of money at a campaign that can be played with friends / enemies as well.

Yep, I'll pay..........but it better be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!