novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

I just had a nice situation where I realised I am deformed by WW2 aviation and might have problem with IL2:

I am sitting in my job, happily updating the operating system, and the RAF WW2 siren starts screaming like the germans are comming. So I jump from my chair, sprint infront of the building, start searching for my Spitfire so I can get to the air as fast as possible and defend freedom and democracy. While outside, I find out that there are no Spitfires, nor airfield, airplanes are only in simulator I am currently working on and all this mess was because of some garbage from printer's used toner, which my boss tried to vacuum with vacuum that sounded like WW2 RAF siren. Man, I was so thrilled, and then let down.

Lol awesome...

Soon there will be holodecks. .... soon there will be holodecks... soon there will be....

We were all born in the wrong era..

... Does anyone else check their 6 while driving (and not just glancing in the mirror)?

Not only, but also get excited when in formation with other cars lol

Yes and for sure :)

Flying with my friend  chasing him ,I cant help thinking what would have been like to be in a fighter.

I'm amazed you weren't making "Dagga-dagga-dagga" sounds!

Your success or failure of your IL2 sorties impacts your mood for the next half a day.

slKHjOP.jpg

Flying with my friend chasing him ,I cant help thinking what would have been like to be in a fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLLIVWcOis

Wow this video is so much fun! Some sweet low and slow...

Btw what's that indicator on the top of the dashboard?

You know you're addicted to il2 when you install a site in your Cessna :)

You think the girl at the local milk bar is smiling at you because she likes you then you drive home and realize you left your track ir Clip on your hat..

Never going back to that shop again

• Upvote 6

You think the girl at the local milk bar is smiling at you because she likes you then you drive home and realize you left your track ir Clip on your hat..

Holy crap this is the funniest one in the entire thread! Thanks for sharing, I'm rolling over here haha Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

When you dream that you are in a dogfight, and your bedding the next morning shows just how intense the dogfight was  :huh:  :huh:

Edited by novicebutdeadly
  • Upvote 1

When you dream that you are in a dogfight, and your bedding the next morning shows just how intense the dogfight was  :huh:  :huh:

And even worse, when you dream the foe was your girlfriend ...  and at the end you shout - Salute! - That really becomes a mess of a bed !

Edited by jcomm

When you absolutely insist that your wife/girlfriend be aware of the visual differences between a Buchon and a real Bf-109. 

When you absolutely insist that your wife/girlfriend be aware of the visual differences between a Buchon and a real Bf-109. 

:lol:  :lol:

I would also say: 

When every time you fly near by another plane, you can't resist to simulate an attack on it, with the "tatatata" on the radio...

I just had a nice situation where I realised I am deformed by WW2 aviation and might have problem with IL2:

I am sitting in my job, happily updating the operating system, and the RAF WW2 siren starts screaming like the germans are comming. So I jump from my chair, sprint infront of the building, start searching for my Spitfire so I can get to the air as fast as possible and defend freedom and democracy. While outside, I find out that there are no Spitfires, nor airfield, airplanes are only in simulator I am currently working on and all this mess was because of some garbage from printer's used toner, which my boss tried to vacuum with vacuum that sounded like WW2 RAF siren. Man, I was so thrilled, and then let down.

Lol, so nice !!

Guys, we live in the best time ever! - We have PC where you can fly with those planes. We have virtual reality where you are even more inside those planes. And finaly... soon very soon will begin appear typical real airfields with real Yaks1b, Bf109 and Spitfires... and we all will spend our free times in those cockpits fighting against the enemy.

Because.... few years ago I was dreaming about virtual reality .... and it happend. So If I dream today about real airfields with real WW2 planes and something like optical shooting (laser? or holograms?) .... so one day it will become reality as well.

Lets enjoy flying just in the virtual cockpits...even this is awesome.

[A TrackIR one.]

...when you're watching a cool youtube clip from the game (eg. this) and you keep twisting your head, expecting view in the video to change too.     ....And then you're unreasonably annoyed when it doesn't.

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

[A TrackIR one.]

...when you're watching a cool youtube clip from the game (eg. this) and you keep twisting your head, expecting view in the video to change too. ....And then you're unreasonably annoyed when it doesn't.

I do this!

When you learn the Cyrillic alphabet and learn Russian well enough to be able to read and understand anything in the cockpits, and it leads to reading Russian literature in the original language, and to reading massive tomes on Russian history and culture. I'm sure that I'd sound really bad if I ever spoke Russian to a native speaker, but at least I can read things and understand them, and I know a lot more about Russia now and have read some great stories.

When you know more about Russian geography than everyone else, after deciding that you need to know more about the areas that you fly in the sim.

When you start recruiting people, who go on to become flight simmers as obsessed as you, though they had no interest before you got hold of them. I've recruited and trained half a dozen or so. Their wives and girlfriends ever after tend to give me the same look upon seeing me that my mother used to give me when she got a call from the principal when I was a kid in school.

Lol, did you at least smile back and wink your eye?

When you check left, right, down and up when you cross a street.

Edited by Frenchy56

When you yell "prop clear!" When starting your car..

When you're accelerating on the highway and you start to pull back on your steering wheel.......

When you open your canopy (car windows and sunroof) on final approach to your driveway...

When you make sure chocks are in place during walk-around before you leave your car...

When you look down and you're suprized you have a body!

...when you are a coffee addict, and then you forget to drink the first, freshly brewed morning mug - for more than 1 1/2 hours! :o:

Edited by Wolfram-Harms
  • Upvote 1

when you wake up at 05:30 and instead of going back to sleep, you go and log in and join TAW server for a few sorties before you have to get ready for work.

when you wake up at 05:30 and instead of going back to sleep...

...well, I sometimes even find myself STILL flying at 5:30 h ! (But only on weekends...) :rolleyes:

When you rig up a relief tube under your desk so that you don't have to get up to pee while you're flying. :biggrin:

When you keep reading this thread in the hope that something interesting might have been added ... ;-)

When you steal your Grandma's oxygen tank and mask to use after you pass 4000m in a fighter...

• Upvote 1

When you are at the desk at the office and your right foot is always slightly forward.
With this song I salute all of you:

Edited by JG27_Kornezov

- when you run to play IL2 immediately after unpacking presents on the Chrtismas Eve.

- when you are happy that each evening you can see the known players on the server. And you already know how each of them fly.

- when you can manage eat dinner with VR Headset on your head and simultaneously taking off.

- when the first words after coming into your job are about how many planes did you shoot down yeasterday evening. And how tough were the battles.

Edited by 3.IAP_Vasilij
  • Upvote 1

On 12/29/2017 at 5:47 PM, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Flying with my friend  chasing him ,I cant help thinking what would have been like to be in a fighter.

That AoA indicator is cool.

While watching Thomas & Friends with my three year old and wondering if they've ever thought of making a "wartime Thomas" or "Thomas & Friends support the front-line" series....

There was a spot in my fornt windshield i used it as a gun sight 

maaan lot of cars in my city took great damage through my imaginary 20mm 

When I remote-started a NaOh pump in the refinery I always warned the operator over the radio by telling him, "Stand Clear of Propeller!".

AD

When your wife and the kids are out for some holidays while you stay at home for work, you tell them you'll miss them but secretly thinking of the WWII party you are giving to yourself.
Off to enjoy my brand new Bodenplatte stuff!!! 

• Upvote 1