novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

You seriously consider taking up scale modeling again just to get your hands on a MiG-3 a bit earlier.

Your wife cries out something unintelligible in bed as she climaxes, and it sounds to you like 'за Родину!!!'

(True story)

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

You're flying a real two seater Aquila A211 and in your mind you have just snuck up behind a 109, you aim and press that button on top of your stick shouting "GOTCHA YOU LAZY GERMAN BASTARD!!" 

...only then realizing you've pushed the radio transmit button

• Upvote 3

You apply for a mail order Russian bride, just so you can get her to work as voice talent on the new AI speech mod you are making.

Your wife cries out something unintelligible in bed as she climaxes, and it sounds to you like 'за Родину!!!'

(True story)

Were you in the same room?

:ph34r:

• Upvote 2

When your girlfriend is totally fine with being ignored for the entirety of a 109 flight and then gets excited when the red light comes on.

• Upvote 1

Enjoying a post-coital cigarette, your wife asks "why do you always shout Horrido?"

was she involved prior to your 'fag'?

There appears to be a trend here 

When your girlfriend is totally fine with being ignored for the entirety of a 109 flight and then gets excited when the red light comes on.

erm.....

- When you are single due to half of these applying to you.  

• Upvote 1

when you start using the hood ornament on your VVS lend-lease Buick as a gun sight to hunt down all the Luftwaffe BMW's and Mercedes during your daily commute

When also on your daily commute, you pass slower vehicles as fast as possible, not because you are annoyed at having to slow down, but because if you stay behind him he will get you with his tail gun for sure

...and those are just the driving related ones!

yes when you learn the concept of energy when overtaking a car, happens to me though i dont drive any more

(True story)

I assume you're still playing IL2 and she has her own.... ummmm... 'toy' and you wonder if she's playing the old IL2 because her 'toy' sounds like the 109 in IL2:FB.

I assume you're still playing IL2 and she has her own.... ummmm... 'toy' and you wonder if she's playing the old IL2 because her 'toy' sounds like the 109 in IL2:FB.

Bingo! :lol:

when you preorder BOM even though you said you wouldn't...and its Friday...and you ain't got no job...an' you ain't got [Edited] to DO!!

Edited by Bearcat
Language

Bingo! :lol:

To avoid upsetting anyone it might be best to simply refer to such Toys as Vultee BT-13s from now on....

when you preorder BOM even though you said you wouldn't...and its Friday...and you ain't got no job...an' you ain't got [Edited] to DO!!

How are ya Heywood... I know the feeling on that job thing... been out of work since April..

I actually knew I was playing too much WWII flying sims (DCS, CLoD, BOS) when every car I drove past on the road was a Me109, a Spitty, a G50, a Blenny or a Yak. I couldn't quite get to call them by their real model names again and it was kinda scary.

When you run to the store for groceries and a good looking Blond says, " what is that on your hat?" , and you realize your TIR Clip is still there.  I calmly said, while lifting my hat and exposing my bald head, " It is a solar hair  growth promotion hat" , and slowly turn and walk away.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 5

When you run to the store for groceries and a good looking Blond says, " what is that on your hat?" , and you realize your TIR Clip is still there. I calmly said, while lifting my hat and exposing my bald head, " It is a solar hair growth promotion hat" , and slowly turn and walk away.

S!Blade<><

:lol: priceless.

When explaining to people your hobby and squad, and they don't get it... then you have to use the comparison of, "It's like being in a recreational softball team -- only on computers."

"Oh!" they say, clearly still not getting it...

... or they get it, "Ah, you're a gamer," and you get offended, because combat flight simmers are NOT gamers, but simmers and we are *so* much more "mature," than mere gamers.

Edited by WWDubya

When explaining to people your hobby and squad, and they don't get it... then you have to use the comparison of, "It's like being in a recreational softball team -- only on computers."

"Oh!" they say, clearly still not getting it...

... or they get it, "Ah, you're a gamer," and you get offended, because combat flight simmers are NOT gamers, but simmers and we are *so* much more "mature," than mere gamers.

I usually compare what I'm doing to what historical military reenactors are doing, because most people has seen that on TV or at Rennaissance fairs etc. and the response is usually: "Well, at least you're keeping that [Edited] on the computer."

Edited by Bearcat
Language

When the forum appears on your Chrome "New Tab" page and your pre "going outside" checklist starts with:

Check TrackIR cap set to "off".

How are ya Heywood... I know the feeling on that job thing... been out of work since April..

its going on 3 years here...First I was calling it a hiatus...a break from 40 straight years of labor - then I called it involuntary retirement...now - I'm just swimming in the ocean and riding my bike to stay in shape

and working odd jobs for cash.

its a good thing to save money and when a company offers profit sharing my advice is to sign up for it

the best part is that my grand daughter was born about the same time as my halftime started so I've been able to be involved almost daily with her life... thats all that matters to me.

Sorry you had to make the edit BtW...

How you doin' Bear?

Edited by Heywooood

Enjoying a post-coital cigarette, your wife asks "why do you always shout Horrido?"

I should not have read that comment with a mouth full of red wine....

When you run to the store for groceries and a good looking Blond says, " what is that on your hat?" , and you realize your TIR Clip is still there.  I calmly said, while lifting my hat and exposing my bald head, " It is a solar hair  growth promotion hat" , and slowly turn and walk away.

S!Blade<><

I remember the good old days with TIR 1... u placed a small piece of reflective circular tape on your forehead...

How many in here have walked around outdoors, shopping even... wondering why people are staring at you.. only to realize when back home that u forgot to remove the tape... :lol:

• Upvote 1

u placed a small piece of reflective circular tape on your forehead...

That's how it started? Huh.
Anyway...

I am leaning to drive and I asked my Dad "What's the optimal RPM level?" He stared at me and asked if I was serious...(I still don't know what the optimal RPM level for the car is BTW)

• Upvote 4

That's how it started? Huh.

Anyway...

I am leaning to drive and I asked my Dad "What's the optimal RPM level?" He stared at me and asked if I was serious...(I still don't know what the optimal RPM level for the car is BTW)

Ask him at which altitude you need to change the supercharger gear!

That horrible feeling when you can't answer the door when you're in the middle of a dogfight, and then later find out it was your wife trying to get in the house.

• Upvote 3

That horrible feeling when you can't answer the door when you're in the middle of a dogfight, and then later find out it was your wife trying to get in the house.

Yesss. My wife rings the bell and im screaming "Use the keys!!"

• Upvote 2

... When I find myself saying `inverted` instead of `upside-down` (which I do ALL the time now), shake my head when the wrong WW2 aircraft are depicted in war docus or anywhere else, and I`m always looking up when I hear anything that sounds like it has a Merlin engine/s...

Actually that started from the original IL2 1946....

A couple of weeks ago I was out for a night on the town with some friends (Yes, apparently that still happens after you've had your second child) and I noticed one of my friends trying to put the moves on a girl, who had been flirting with another of our friends, who had gone to use the bathroom.

I grabbed him by the shoulder saying: "Hey mate. Quit shoulder-shooting". He ofc. had no idea what I was talking about.

Neither of my two friends got credited with a kill that night btw.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

Brilliant story, Finkeren :biggrin:

My addiction culminates in a) always looking all over the sky whenever an engine is heard, b) growing anxious if I fail to locate the contact, c) continued distress if I cannot identify the type or markings once the contact is found, and finally d) looking over my shoulder and doing the good old head on a swivel in the middle of a busy street without noting the oddness of it all.

• Upvote 2

When you try not to stall your car in tight turns.

A couple of weeks ago I was out for a night on the town with some friends (Yes, apparently that still happens after you've had your second child) and I noticed one of my friends trying to put the moves on a girl, who had been flirting with another of our friends, who had gone to use the bathroom.

I grabbed him by the shoulder saying: "Hey mate. Quit shoulder-shooting". He ofc. had no idea what I was talking about.

Neither of my two friends got credited with a kill that night btw.

As long as you don't remind your friends to "Call your ins and outs to avoid shoulder shooting" :lol: ...

Edited by Trupobaw