Sign in to follow this  
OnTheHouse

How do I update my BoS

I noticed a graphic screen that my copy doesn't show me and I don't see the transport plane. What must I do to update my BoS. I was logged on last night for an hour. Received a couple of skins....

Updated to version 1.011 with extra transport plane and a new map, and with a 50% discount it's a must buy for simmers! 

I have version 1.011

post-64404-0-92585700-1432306774_thumb.jpg

Edited by CuMelter

Whew...Ok. Thanks. New to me, & reading the forums, alot of discussion on just about everything regarding sim tweaks and I saw the detailed graphics screen and it made me way curious. 

Be assured that if you choose Ultra all you are getting is those same settings all maxed out, if you cannot run BoS at balanced or low settings with satisfactory FPS no amount of tweaking would have changed that fact, the only solution would to upgrade CPU or less likely GPU if you were running a very unbalanced system, especially when considering MIN FPS which id always the killer.

Disabling post processing, ETC when you have a good system to get a 'clearer' view is an option not available with the presets, however in RoF, doing this always gave the "cartoony" look that so many criticised

people have short memories... :cool: the massive amount of posts from RoF days, for people to get a decent picture and reasonable FRates seem to be forgotten, there are no magic settings to give that "perfect picture'" and good FPS, BoS/RoF are heavy CPU single thread performance limited (like 90% of sims)  and with certain setings are also very intensive with GPU..to assume that the programmers who designed it are less knowledgeable than the average user seems to be a bit daft, (seriously not being condescending here) I am sure that if unlimited LOD and other settings were available people would try to use them and complain about the poor performance..... 

At the end of the day Ultra is the best available and if that does not run well, use balanced and tweak a bit with NV control panel or NV inspector etc.sadly ATI do not seem to support DX9 so well with drivers, as is the case with many other games/sims, although their support for a lot of DX11 games is also slow and lacking (Project Cars ...cough...)

Its funny that the one thing most people agree on is how reasonable BoS looks graphicaly and yet the preset issue in principle, is such a big issue for some :) (not aimed at any of the posters in this thread ;) )

Cheers Dakpilot