Sign in to follow this  
Mechy

Doesn't seem like the developers have learned anything from the past.

After reading many post on here and steam. And one in particular, about spawn killing, got me to thinking. 

I've only been flying this, not even a week now, but you can call it what you want .... it's IL2-Sturmovik, doesn't matter what version. I don't see anything ground breaking, they fly pretty much the same, they shoot the same, they crash and burn the same. Where is something new and exciting????  After all these years we should see something new. It doesn't always have to be in the graphics or damage model. That always seem to change as computer technology changes. But the sim should change, there should be something that grabs you and makes you want to fly more. 

How about concentrating on the players. A robust tracking and scoring system for the pilots. Not just about kills and deaths, but about honor and teamwork, etc. How about a mp experience other than a df server. I'm not saying this stuff is easy but I think it makes the game more sim like. Years ago, IL2 ... I think it was 1946 ver., a bunch of guys from, I think an English squadron, made a very complicated war system that they worked into the game. I mean these are just guys that are playing the game. They didn't get payed for it. Many of the squads thought this was the way of the future.

Why don't the devs see this? Instead, what we have is the same ol thing and the promise of another same ol thing. I don't believe they are currently working harder on the BOS version of the game which we are currently flying. Most of the work is probably focused on BOM. I see many questions being asked and they are just left unanswered. Is this the way the development is going to keep going? 

If you want to attract and keep players, you have to do something to separate yourself from the other games. At the least show some passion for the game and for the players that are excited to play it. This development model seems like lets just put it out there and see what sticks ... oh and then we'll do it again. You need to look into the past to improve the future.  

• Upvote 6

IBTL !  The graphics are pretty awesome and  the ground crew milling around is new and cool, but other than that I have to agree with you.

S!Blade<><

post-970-0-44719800-1431868664.gif

I suspect it's a matter of money, time and resources. I would dearly love to see something a bit like Hyperlobby built in to the MP interface so we can find people to fight against and a Co-Op mode is right up at the top of my wishlist.

More planes and maps are great but I would like to see some 'game play' improvements eventually.

Unfortunately I havent seen anything to indicate that there is anything new on the way with regards to gameplay or that feeling of "being there".  The devs seem unaware or indifferent to the matter.  It's quite depressing.

• Upvote 6

A more complicated tracking system, campaign system, integrated coop, etc. are all things that I'm hoping we see this time around. You're definitely right in that in many cases we have the same or we've even taken a step back on gameplay mechanics that were developed over the course of IL-2 1946s development. That said there are some things I think are unreasonable to ask for all at once (this is a niche market and the devs we deal with are small and passionate but ... small) so I'm hoping to see continued development and that it will take time.

Two things:

1) Aircraft flying basically the same way... not a problem. It means IL-2 1946 mostly got it right and BoS' feeling of flight is, IMHO, so much better. It takes another step towards feeling like I'm really there and I'm still impressed with it. Its why I fly week after week.

2) The assertion that the devs are mostly working on BoM and not on BoS is hearsay at best. Evidence points to the contrary with the announcement of new fall and summer maps for BoS and work on additional objects like gun boats for the Volga river. Oxygen systems were added post release as was the Ju52 and tons of fixes and updates. These don't address some of the gameplay issues directly but they point to continued development. Further, because BoS and BoM share a code base and many players will be merging their installs... it means that development on core mechanics for one will also update for the other.

Unfortunately I havent seen anything to indicate that there is anything new on the way with regards to gameplay or that feeling of "being there".  The devs seem unaware or indifferent to the matter.  It's quite depressing.

IMHO this is one of the best sims to date for giving me that feeling of flight and of being there in the cockpit. The sounds, vibrations, the way the aircraft moves. Its very impressive and immersive for me.

What do you think are the immersion factors that are missing from the flight simulation part of IL-2:BoS?

• Upvote 2

IMHO this is one of the best sims to date for giving me that feeling of flight and of being there in the cockpit. The sounds, vibrations, the way the aircraft moves. Its very impressive and immersive for me.

It's second to none in this regard, they got it absolutely spot on.

What do you think are the immersion factors that are missing from the flight simulation part of IL-2:Bos?

For myself I fing the biggest thing missing is any sense of identity in the singleplayer experience.  Either for my own pilot or the AI which I fly with. 

I want the experience of flying on an operation squadron of the Luftwaffe or VVS  (not the experience of flying with "Bob" from Wyoming or the guy in Norway with his microphone turned up to 11).   I want to gain rank, gain responsibility as I do so.  I want to manage a squadron, and juggle the need to fulfil the orders from command with the need to preserve my own forces. 

All the stuff I've already put down here:  http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11420-flying-bos-dream-campaign-sp-inspiration-singleplayers-only/

• Upvote 7

For myself I fing the biggest thing missing is any sense of identity in the singleplayer experience.  Either for my own pilot or the AI which I fly with. 

I want the experience of flying on an operation squadron of the Luftwaffe or VVS  

A big +1 to that... I am a SP only guy, and currently the SP system does not attract me at all.

• Upvote 3

I want the experience of flying on an operation squadron of the Luftwaffe or VVS  (not the experience of flying with "Bob" from Wyoming or the guy in Norway with his microphone turned up to 11).   I want to gain rank, gain responsibility as I do so.  I want to manage a squadron, and juggle the need to fulfil the orders from command with the need to preserve my own forces. 

All the stuff I've already put down here:  http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11420-flying-bos-dream-campaign-sp-inspiration-singleplayers-only/

I must have missed that thread it was a great read!

I really hope the SP guys get something like this it looks brilliant.

Ahh... So you're talking about the game aspect of this. The "feeling of being there" is definitely a strong suit for IL-2 BoS but that would be in the flight simulator part of the experience. You're talking more about the pilot/homebase type of feel which I agree it definitely does not have. I actually like aspects of single player system for BoS and I get why they went with the route that they did - but it does seem like they may have gambled wrong.

A big +1 to that... I am a SP only guy, and currently the SP system does not attract me at all.

I am a multiplayer Guy Expert only !!!  it has some major flaws still not been adressed .

My most burning issues with the game as a packet is the lack of a real dynamic solo campaign and the missing coop mode. Sorry, but the "you-can-make-any-mp-session-like-a-coop" is just missing the whole point of coop by a 1000 miles.

It's about creating a private lobby with your computer as the host server by just clicking some buttons. Who really wants to quit the game install the dedicated server with all the necessary server setting stuff just to host a private session from time to time?

Edited by sturmkraehe
  • Upvote 2

I would say the developers have learned a lot from the past.....

Many times great immersive dynamic campaigns are quoted as being superb from sims of the past, and why cant we have the same in Bos, I am certain the dev's would like the same as well but those sims bankrupted the studios..so ultimately, FAIL, lessons learnt

Ground breaking features and graphic fidelity etc, proved too much...and the games finance was pulled so no more development and Dev withdrew and game finished by others and pushed out unfinished, Very public FAIL..lessons learnt

A golden oldie provided SP dynamic campaigns BUT created by third party DCG AND DGen after years of release and add-ons.... lessons observed

RoF provided well received SP campaign years after release and after much dev time and resources, trumped by 3rd party app which majority switched to, lesson learnt..

With the reality of the current small niche market of the 'hardcore' flight sim market and lack of multiple 'other companies rushing to fill this gap in the market we are lucky to have a sensible approach to actually provide a 'next gen' sim without potential bankruptcy lurking around the corner...sadly people do not have the patience they used to and would rather continue with a fifteen year old product or hold hope on a mod team to continue hacking a locked game.

The realities of the current market and what can be produced timeously on a limited budget seem to escape most critics....

I am fairly certain at this same stage in original IL-2 people were also crying out for the then unreleased (by third party) Dgen campaigns..however the multitude of alternative available in entertainment/games/sims in 2015, make the unique position IL-2 had in 2006 a rather moot point

I would say that to first be able to create the 'ultimate sim' one first has to stay in business, something that many 'critics' seem to ignore

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 3

I don't understand this.  It has always been that the developers (whoever they are or were) made the game, and the pilot community took the ball and ran with it.  I cannot see any reason for the developers to programme something huge and complicated that the community may or may not use.  It has always been the community that gives you more than the game, be it online wars, competitions or even 1v1 tournaments.

With MP you have DF, co-ops, co-ops in PvP and all that.  If you want to you can have races, "football" and other stuff people only need to dream up.  As far as I know some squads are working on the online war stuff but it'll take time.

I don't have the necessary skill to disassociate myself enough from reality to actually pretend I'm in a 1942 squadron on the Eastern Front, and for me SP has always been one mission down, next one to start etc (except in the Far Cry series and they must have spent a fortune getting a great storyline). I feel for those that want that better experience but again it is likely to be community who gives you that, as it was before.

@ Surmhraehe - the co-op in MP is fine.  The only weakness is that you cannot line up in sections they way you used to.  Apart from that, everything is good.  Plus you avoid the X pilot crashes on take off or TIR isn't working so everyone has to sit through a reload.

von Tom

Where is something new and exciting????  After all these years we should see something new. It doesn't always have to be in the graphics or damage model. That always seem to change as computer technology changes. But the sim should change, there should be something that grabs you and makes you want to fly more. 

How about concentrating on the players. A robust tracking and scoring system for the pilots. Not just about kills and deaths, but about honor and teamwork, etc. How about a mp experience other than a df server. I'm not saying this stuff is easy but I think it makes the game more sim like. Years ago, IL2 ... I think it was 1946 ver., a bunch of guys from, I think an English squadron, made a very complicated war system that they worked into the game. I mean these are just guys that are playing the game. They didn't get payed for it. Many of the squads thought this was the way of the future.

Why don't the devs see this?

I like it and bought it just to support the developers; I don't actually play it. I'm waiting until playability catches up a bit with IL2, then I'll try it again.

Squads or communities are actually spending a huge lot of time testing and trying things or other.

Its long but we are trying to do it correctly.

Is anyone here on the board criticising  involved in such work ? Not sure.

If so hold a dedicated server with proper coop missions.. :salute:

Edited by UF_Luny
  • Upvote 1

I would say the developers have learned a lot from the past.....

Many times great immersive dynamic campaigns are quoted as being superb from sims of the past, and why cant we have the same in Bos, I am certain the dev's would like the same as well but those sims bankrupted the studios..so ultimately, FAIL, lessons learnt

Ground breaking features and graphic fidelity etc, proved too much...and the games finance was pulled so no more development and Dev withdrew and game finished by others and pushed out unfinished, Very public FAIL..lessons learnt

A golden oldie provided SP dynamic campaigns BUT created by third party DCG AND DGen after years of release and add-ons.... lessons observed

RoF provided well received SP campaign years after release and after much dev time and resources, trumped by 3rd party app which majority switched to, lesson learnt..

With the reality of the current small niche market of the 'hardcore' flight sim market and lack of multiple 'other companies rushing to fill this gap in the market we are lucky to have a sensible approach to actually provide a 'next gen' sim without potential bankruptcy lurking around the corner...sadly people do not have the patience they used to and would rather continue with a fifteen year old product or hold hope on a mod team to continue hacking a locked game.

The realities of the current market and what can be produced timeously on a limited budget seem to escape most critics....

I am fairly certain at this same stage in original IL-2 people were also crying out for the then unreleased (by third party) Dgen campaigns..however the multitude of alternative available in entertainment/games/sims in 2015, make the unique position IL-2 had in 2006 a rather moot point

I would say that to first be able to create the 'ultimate sim' one first has to stay in business, something that many 'critics' seem to ignore

Cheers Dakpilot

I really doubt that Dev Diary #21 was the difference between bankruptcy and financial solvency for 1CGS.

As far as the community creating the single player campaign content, they can't right now as BoS does not have the functionality to string single missions into a campaign.

I think this is more a matter of perception than money, in that 1CGS wants BoS to be known in the marketplace as a 12 minute flying game rather than a multi-hour simulation for single players.

• Upvote 2

As far as the community creating the single player campaign content, they can't right now as BoS does not have the functionality to string single missions into a campaign.

While this is true there is no reason to suspect this will not be possible in future as this was a feature of RoF, but as far as single missions 'strung into a campaign' how much does this really differ from the thousands of linear campaigns created for old IL-2, merely a button click to progress to the next mission rather than being automatically 'proceeded' to the next one...truly not the "game breaking' disaster some make out, surely this feature will come in time, meanwhile the 'missions' created as a campaign can be flown as such....

Cheers Dakpilot

It's going to happen....the game is going to get tweaked out......it's a CFS evolution process is all, and all the complaining in the world about being shortchanged and all the hard feelings that caused for a lot of people ....myself included.....well it just doesn't mean a hill of beans right now.  Now....we either climb on board, or we don't.  It's like taking someone hunting and all they do is complain because they didn't get a shot....or fishing and no bites....Enjoy what the game has....or just become an icon for negativity.  For me personally...that's what I was becoming...it was just getting too personal.    Everything most of you guys are saying about the game for the most part has merit...it's the truth, but that doesn't mean this game can't move forward.  I tell you...I'm excited about all kinds of new stuff in store for us.....either third party or from the dev's......we are moving forward.  I can't wait to look down and see all that green down there........I'm reading books on the Battle of Moscow....just to get my history lined up, and I'm having fun with the game in it's current form.  Horrido!   :salute:

I once more spent my whole afternoon testing buildings destruction points, especially for airfields, with Habu : we're trying to know exactly what kind of bombs it takes to destroy which kind of building depending on the destruction points they have.

Its really long to do and needs loads of trial and error tests

The goal is to be able to create balanced linkable missions. The tools arent there and we do try to do with what we have. Now its more MP biased, but at some point it may lead to good SP too.

After reading many post on here and steam. And one in particular, about spawn killing, got me to thinking. 

I've only been flying this, not even a week now, but you can call it what you want .... it's IL2-Sturmovik, doesn't matter what version. I don't see anything ground breaking, they fly pretty much the same, they shoot the same, they crash and burn the same. Where is something new and exciting????  After all these years we should see something new. It doesn't always have to be in the graphics or damage model. That always seem to change as computer technology changes. But the sim should change, there should be something that grabs you and makes you want to fly more. 

Why don't the devs see this? Instead, what we have is the same ol thing and the promise of another same ol thing. I don't believe they are currently working harder on the BOS version of the game which we are currently flying. Most of the work is probably focused on BOM. I see many questions being asked and they are just left unanswered. Is this the way the development is going to keep going? 

If you want to attract and keep players, you have to do something to separate yourself from the other games. At the least show some passion for the game and for the players that are excited to play it. This development model seems like lets just put it out there and see what sticks ... oh and then we'll do it again. You need to look into the past to improve the future.  

There are some points in your post that I can agree with .. but i disagree with the same old same old bit... The DMs and FMs in this sim are better than in any WWII sim  to date..  in my opinion.. and you can go on and on about how well the DMs in some other sims are modeled .. but there is nothing out there that models DMs like this sim... FMs are great.. not perfect and we all know that FMs and DMs are the most contested aspects of any sim.. always..  but these FMs are not bad at all...  regardless to what some may say..  Not only that... in whgat other sim can you find a convoy on a night mission by tracking their lights.... ? What other sim has constellations in the night time sky? Or ground crew running around like in BoS.. There is more...

Gameplay and the feeling of being there are relative IMO.. and also in the eye of the beholder to some degree..

A more complicated tracking system, campaign system, integrated coop, etc. are all things that I'm hoping we see this time around. You're definitely right in that in many cases we have the same or we've even taken a step back on gameplay mechanics that were developed over the course of IL-2 1946s development. That said there are some things I think are unreasonable to ask for all at once (this is a niche market and the devs we deal with are small and passionate but ... small) so I'm hoping to see continued development and that it will take time.

Two things:

1) Aircraft flying basically the same way... not a problem. It means IL-2 1946 mostly got it right and BoS' feeling of flight is, IMHO, so much better. It takes another step towards feeling like I'm really there and I'm still impressed with it. Its why I fly week after week.

2) The assertion that the devs are mostly working on BoM and not on BoS is hearsay at best. Evidence points to the contrary with the announcement of new fall and summer maps for BoS and work on additional objects like gun boats for the Volga river. Oxygen systems were added post release as was the Ju52 and tons of fixes and updates. These don't address some of the gameplay issues directly but they point to continued development. Further, because BoS and BoM share a code base and many players will be merging their installs... it means that development on core mechanics for one will also update for the other.

What do you think are the immersion factors that are missing from the flight simulation part of IL-2:BoS?

Absolutely.. Not only that .. as far as points one and two go .. again this is just my opinion...  1) .. Spot on... 2) What many people seem to miss is that BoS and BoM are the same sim... Let me ask you.. do you really think that the devs are intentionally trying to split this community... ? I don't.. I think that in the end BoS and BoM.. and any sequels are meant to be flown as one entity... Giving us the option to fly any of them as stand alones is a smart move but I have no doubts that the plan is that we buy them all...  This is just my opinion but it is one I am pretty confident in.. Work on BoM is work on BoS and IMO we need to stop looking at this sim as BoS or BoM... but as IL2 - XxX because at the end of the day whether anyone likes it or not or thinks that it does or does not live up to the name .. it is the newest incarnation of IL2. If it were not it would not be able to be legally called IL2.....

Ahh... So you're talking about the game aspect of this. The "feeling of being there" is definitely a strong suit for IL-2 BoS but that would be in the flight simulator part of the experience. You're talking more about the pilot/homebase type of feel which I agree it definitely does not have. I actually like aspects of single player system for BoS and I get why they went with the route that they did - but it does seem like they may have gambled wrong.

+1

My most burning issues with the game as a packet is the lack of a real dynamic solo campaign and the missing coop mode. Sorry, but the "you-can-make-any-mp-session-like-a-coop" is just missing the whole point of coop by a 1000 miles.

It's about creating a private lobby with your computer as the host server by just clicking some buttons. Who really wants to quit the game install the dedicated server with all the necessary server setting stuff just to host a private session from time to time?

+10 ... Which while problematic .. is not a total show stopper foer me.. I am hoping that this will change in time. I consider RoF when it forst came out and RoF as it is today when I consider this..  I believe that at the end of the day this team wants to make a good product and I am willing to give them at least 3 years before any of the things that I don't like about this IL2 make me want to stop dealing with it...  but that is me...

I really doubt that Dev Diary #21 was the difference between bankruptcy and financial solvency for 1CGS.

I think this is more a matter of perception than money, in that 1CGS wants BoS to be known in the marketplace as a 12 minute flying game rather than a multi-hour simulation for single players.

That.. and the fact that the FMB in IL2NG  at the moment is not very user friendly..

While this is true there is no reason to suspect this will not be possible in future as this was a feature of RoF, but as far as single missions 'strung into a campaign' how much does this really differ from the thousands of linear campaigns created for old IL-2, merely a button click to progress to the next mission rather than being automatically 'proceeded' to the next one...truly not the "game breaking' disaster some make out, surely this feature will come in time, meanwhile the 'missions' created as a campaign can be flown as such....

Cheers Dakpilot

I have come to the conclusion that that is a matter of relativity... and should be treated as such by anyone who has no say in what does or does not get done to rectify it... For the record.. I totally agree with the first sentence in your post..

Wow ....... discussions that may raise questions about what is going on in this sim or hurt the developers feelings end up in neverland. Please don't comment on this and try and blow smoke up my [Edited]. I've been around long enough to know when things are moved so they don't get seen and don't get commented on no more. This little move really makes me feel more like part of your little community. 

Hello.....anyone here....here........here.......here......Why...hidden.....are you...you're not saying.....that....that...they would try and hide a negative post on this forum?  Back in the day...before the great "banning"  which left many of us, quaking in our tin foiled caps......back then.....well I've seen entire topics.....deleted....deleted mind you.   It's best you get sent off to the "re-education" camp...like I was.  Totally re-indoctrinated for the good of the sim.  I haven't seen my home server in over 12 months.....I don't even remember my IP anymore....and it was static...man ....STATIC!  :o:

• Upvote 2

I tried playing by the normal rules....let the program go online so I could see how this reward business unfolds. Selecting a bomber intercept mission, all seems to go ok albeit I noticed the campaign flight model was practically unusable for me and/or my joystick. I've been simming for a long time, but I cut my teeth on Falcon3x/4x so I was used to a fly-by-wire setup of sorts. With IL-1946 I'm fairly good with a psuedo-realistic flight model, but I can't seem to gain or keep any real control of the BoS flight model. Sad to say, I guess I won't be able to succeed in the 'rewards' program. Sad.....

Giving up after one go? Stick around, they are hard to fly because they are hard to fly in real life too. Watch some videos, read Chuck's guides and practice, practice, practice. If I bought a new $100 bat and gave up after one swing against a AA pitcher I wouldn't blame the bat.

@ Surmhraehe - the co-op in MP is fine.  The only weakness is that you cannot line up in sections they way you used to.  Apart from that, everything is good.  Plus you avoid the X pilot crashes on take off or TIR isn't working so everyone has to sit through a reload.

von Tom

Sorry, Tom, but my point was that it is not possible to host a private session on one's private computer as a private host with some button clicks. You have to use the dserver tool and configurate it to your liking and all this difficulty just to play in a private room with some friends. THAT's what coops are principally about.

Hello.....anyone here....here........here.......here......Why...hidden.....are you...you're not saying.....that....that...they would try and hide a negative post on this forum?  Back in the day...before the great "banning"  which left many of us, quaking in our tin foiled caps......back then.....well I've seen entire topics.....deleted....deleted mind you.   It's best you get sent off to the "re-education" camp...like I was.  Totally re-indoctrinated for the good of the sim.  I haven't seen my home server in over 12 months.....I don't even remember my IP anymore....and it was static...man ....STATIC!  :o:

JagdNeun, you summed it up very nicely. It's too bad we will probably never hear from you again, or will you never hear from me again :huh:   ..... but you have to admit this is a good way to gain people's trust.

• Upvote 2

Really don't see any issue in moving this to sugestions..as that is pretty much what it is, guess I don't understand why this should be considered a 'conspiracy' or some sort of 'slight' perhaps some are more sensitive (and that is not meant to be any form of condescension or insult)

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

I'm old and resistant to change but aren't most online games through a dedicated server now? I don't think I can play battlefield as a coop. Things change. Live in the present. I don't see the devs bending on this. I can see them adding a lobby, though, in time. Maybe focus some energy there so organizing your hybrid coops is easier. That's my 'suggestion.'

Looks like another lobby discussion has popped up here. Pile in and keep it going.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15567-ability-see-online-players-without-joining-game/?do=findComment&comment=247673

Edited by HerrMurf

Really don't see any issue in moving this to sugestions..as that is pretty much what it is, guess I don't understand why this should be considered a 'conspiracy' or some sort of 'slight' perhaps some are more sensitive (and that is not meant to be any form of condescension or insult)

Cheers Dakpilot

Dakpilot ..... this is the second time you had something to say conversely, about something I posted. The first time around, I just let it go .... Didn't come  back with any comments, thought it would be good for everyone to talk about what some of us see as a problem. I don't know you, I don't know what ties you have, or want to have, with the developers of this sim. Maybe, you're a scorned ex Mod or a want to be Mod, I don't know. But after they move this discussion to a forum which even has a warning to play nice attached to it. I think it's pretty obvious they want it to go away. And as far as being "sensitive", all of us Philly boys are caring and sensitive people. 

Dak has historically seen the sun in a positive light just as others have seen the game in a negative light. There's room for both.

I'm a centrist if anyone cares ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm a centrist as well, and Dak has helped me to move in that direction by his positive outlook, no doubt about it.  Regarding this as a suggestion......well I would add that the Dev's have always placed a huge amount of faith in the third party additions that they felt would be tracking along with the game.  We already have a "parser" which does provide some good mission stats, and I believe if we give this some time, you are going to see more and more utilities that will add to the game in this area.  I'd like some stats for my entire staffel...damage inflicted, kills, ditched/killed pilots.  Something that will give me more of that "unit cohesiveness" so important in a mission oriented simulation.  I mean...I know what I did or didn't do....how about the other guys?   I think Mechy that you make reference in your OP that these changes came about through third party contributors.  We are seeing that here as well.

This game for me is not same ole same ole....it does have the best atmospheric immersion, and some unique interfaces within the game that do in fact allow for a wide range of game play for the novice and expert player.  No, it's not perfect, but in terms of a sim...it's a baby right now and hasn't had much time to grow and evolve.  A lot of comment over the months....about the snow...the damn snow....but hey.....has anyone thought about how "cold" this sim really looks?  This phase of the battle was subzero....and the game does such a great job in this area. Plus...soon we will have some green...sweet baby Jane.....green fields again.

FM and DM for me are great.....no, not perfect, just great.  I'm sporting my support bars...because I really believe that with time...this game is going to be as good as any CFS of the past.  I kid about the re-education camp, but really, I have personally moved from the personalities and more into the technical creativity of the team.  Hey....it's a great day.....be happy!   :biggrin:

Edited by JagdNeun
  • Upvote 1

Dak has historically seen the sun in a positive light just as others have seen the game in a negative light. There's room for both.

I'm a centrist if anyone cares ;)

Haha, my phone changed "sim" to "sun." Well, I hope we all see the sun in a positive light. Dak, of course, sees the "sim" in a positive light as well.

Wow ....... discussions that may raise questions about what is going on in this sim or hurt the developers feelings end up in neverland. Please don't comment on this and try and blow smoke up my [Edited]. I've been around long enough to know when things are moved so they don't get seen and don't get commented on no more. This little move really makes me feel more like part of your little community. 

I don't remember if I moved this or someone else did.. but in any case this is far from neverland and this thread can be just as active as any other. f the objective was to not have the thread commented on it would simply be locked.

If this thread were hidden you would not have been able to post in it.

Sorry, Tom, but my point was that it is not possible to host a private session on one's private computer as a private host with some button clicks. You have to use the dserver tool and configurate it to your liking and all this difficulty just to play in a private room with some friends. THAT's what coops are principally about.

This is my major beef with the online implementation of tis sim as well and has been from day one since it was first announced that this was how it would be. IMO it is like putting wooden shoes on a runner you expect to at least get bronze... if not gold.

JagdNeun, you summed it up very nicely. It's too bad we will probably never hear from you again, or will you never hear from me again :huh:   ..... but you have to admit this is a good way to gain people's trust.

Where does this kind of nonsense come from...  One has to wonder.

Cheers Dakpilot

I don't either...  Some of this kind of rhetoric just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Years ago, IL2 ... I think it was 1946 ver., a bunch of guys from, I think an English squadron, made a very complicated war system that they worked into the game.

Mechy was probably referring to SEOW which is still alive and working with IL-2 1946. This is not a game mod. Rather it is an add-on that provides a detailed campaign system around a series of sequential (in time) coops that involve air, sea and ground actions generated by human orders. It presently supports over 90 IL-2 1946 maps.

As an aside, the new development in SEOW now is focusing on adding Arma2 (Iron Front) into SEOW, so campaign missions can be played either in IL-2 (as a pilot) or in Iron Front (as a soldier) or both games, allowing players a greater range of sim experience as the campaign progresses.

Cheers,

4Shades

And I believe that the Storm of War team is building a persistent campaign system as an add-on for CLOD...

Edited by 4Shades

4Shades.....thank you....SEOW. I couldn't remember the name. That was great, even kept all your stats. 

And Bearcat, I don't care what you say, by moving this post to here it became quiet and out of the eyes of the casual forum browser. 

You can say they improved the DM and the FM, it's 2015 the damage model should be improved and the flight model are numbers. Everything else

has already been made. How did they improve it? And as you say .... everything is subjective. Especially since none of us has flown any of the planes in this sim. 

Then I read on the diary ... the so called update ... pictures of planes in BOM. What about the problems and missing pieces in BOS? 

What really cracks me up is they say what plane do you want to see next week.....and everyone's tongues fall out and they wag their tails.

As long as consumers allow this nonsense it will keep happening. And I'm tired of hearing about it's a niche market......well niche doesn't mean

they ain't making money. 

• Upvote 1