SOLIDKREATE

Faces of the flying community!

Here you go.....

Long time ago as my daughter is getting ready for High School now!

post-1354-0-70110500-1382665700_thumb.jpg

Doing some work for a friend:

post-1354-0-37345700-1382665930_thumb.jpg

Great pictures Crump, Static.

Crump - is she still your 'little girl'? Mine are only 4&6 but I already feel they're getting so big.

Static - I've seen videos of that kind of work. How high are those towers? What made you do that kind of work?

Great pictures Crump, Static.

Crump - is she still your 'little girl'? Mine are only 4&6 but I already feel they're getting so big.

Static - I've seen videos of that kind of work. How high are those towers? What made you do that kind of work?

My youngest is 23 .. my oldest is 36.. They are all still my girls..

23, 19 and 17 here.

Crump - is she still your 'little girl'?

Of course!  She is about to enter high school.  She was diagnosed with autism at an early age.  She loves life and has taught me much.

One of my favorite movie quotes - 'My son's my son until he gets him a wife, but my daughter's my daughter all of her life.'

It's how I'll see my girls til my last day.

Me (in white overalls) during the restoration of finnish airforce DC-2 "Hanssin-Jukka", 2011.

DC2lentokone12.jpg

Wow a DC 2, you Da Man !!!

After looking at all the pics I feel obligated to contribute.

tandem-r7.jpg

The pic was taken this year at my first tandem jump. Excuse the silly face, I couldn't refrain myself.

• Upvote 3

The pic was taken this year at my first tandem jump. Excuse the silly face, I couldn't refrain myself.

You are excused.  Great photo!

Excuse the silly face, I couldn't refrain myself.

It is a very common affliction in freefall!!

I got it all the time...

I got it all the time...

Damn, I was hoping it could be avoided next time. The second jump will cost me some effort (I know what to expect ;o) but I will definitely go for a jumping license.

Wow a DC 2, you Da Man !!!

:happy:

This is how it looks now (as it did in summer '44 too)

Lentokone3.jpg

I wasn't part of the actual restoration team but as an aircraft painter i did most of the paintwork.

Edited by DB605

:happy:

This is how it looks now (as it did in summer '44 too)

Lentokone3.jpg

I wasn't part of the actual restoration team but as an aircraft painter i did most of the paintwork.

BEAUTIFUL Thanks for sharing !

As a lowly (retired) house painter who sprayed a few cars in my day, I can truly apperiecate all the work you did !

Allan

My avitar is me.

BEAUTIFUL Thanks for sharing !

As a lowly (retired) house painter who sprayed a few cars in my day, I can truly apperiecate all the work you did !

Allan

Thanks! It was pretty huge task and took us few weeks to complete but it was also most interesting job i've done so far, like painting 1:1 scale model aircraft :)

After looking at all the pics I feel obligated to contribute.

tandem-r7.jpg

GERONIII - IIIMOOO !!

awesome silly face :)

let me follow up with some flying stuff and my best copilot ;-)

seen few nice bikes here, mine is noob bike, didnt find noob fail safe plane in games yet ;-)

I also did some skydiving ~15 years ago, around 85 jumps from cesna 172, An-2 and Mi-8  (never landed in any of those crafts :( )

post-14824-0-61732600-1383945382_thumb.jpg
post-14824-0-87959700-1383945379_thumb.png
post-14824-0-37932600-1383945270_thumb.png
post-14824-0-17966600-1381783676_thumb.jpg

post-14824-0-37932600-1383945270_thumb.png

post-14824-0-87959700-1383945379_thumb.png

post-14824-0-61732600-1383945382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dovla

me dog is not ugly :-)

13 years now, still chasing bitches and cats and jumps meter high when happy

though it is the only lab maybe which is dangerous to touch unless he knows you for a long time, meaning that nobody belives me that he bites until they get bitten, fortunately he just brakes human skin not bones ;)

Holy crap BC, you don't look that old in the pics.....did you have them when you were 10 or something?

Nah.. My oldest (twins .. a boy and a girl)  were born when I was 22.. my youngest .. who is actually a son.. is 16.. but my youngest daughter is 23. I'm almost out of my 50s... The one with the bass is from a month or two ago.. EampMe_zpsf97edc99.jpg

This is my youngest son and I on opening day at the Udvar Hazey Air & Space Museum.. He was 6 and we played hookey that day..

Handsome little fella, hope he is an airplane enthusiast. What year did the museum open?i still haven't made it there!

i finally found a cable

Imagen0373_zps6792bc6b.jpg

but im afraid its a bit like this :)

justin-620JPG-2261654.jpg

is that english humour or family guy humour

have you posted your picture?

havent seen it

yeah well i let myself influence by cartoons while you do by house obviously

this guy i bet you dont even shave daily influenced by him and his kind:

house.jpg

edit:

you know house and family guy shows a reversed world in which an utter moron is rewarded by his assholeness

this falls on conductism i think, you see others being rewarded for certain behaviour so you copy it

its not a social trend but lead society into that trend

Edited by raaaid

Hugh Laurie is a very funny and talented guy, could think of worse people to be influenced by, don't know much about house, never watched a single episode.

just take the current fashion of going unshaved, even the guys who is giving the news goes unshaved, not with a beard but unshaved

who goes unshaved?

honestly if youre about to take heart surgery would you like the guy whose gonna open your chest with two days beard?

cynic.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=125

neither have i watched ever house but know whats about, and you gotta agree you just follow current trend

Edited by raaaid

Let's turn back to the initial post, this thread is about showing your face to your (nick)name.

Isn't it great that behind that name and avatar a real person with a private life shows up? Kids, grandchildren, wife, girlfriend, hobbies, passions, where you live, your work, silly things.

At the moment there are about 10.000 members here so we still have a lot of images to go.

@Raaaid, I don't wanna say that much but your mouth looks quite similar to Justin B's one.

The difference though is he glued some pubic hair between his nose and upper lip. :biggrin:

I believe on of the biggest trends these days is internet trolling, guys go around pretending to be a bit simple which is really a cover story to protect them from harsh treatment because most people would fear being nasty to a simpleton, once the trolls have their foot in the door its carte blanche to post constantly about irrelevant crap or freaky conspiracy theories or just coming up with stuff that is so incredibly stupid it garners almost angry reactions from even level headed people, all the while hiding behind the façade of the simpleton act which to some is surprisingly effective and earns a level of affection because it's somehow cute and it brings out the 'big brotherly' protective feelings in people, I'd keep an eye out for that if I were you, I hear there is a guy on these very boards doing that stuff.

• Upvote 4

Here are fotos from my old motorcycle and from my wife and me in Hungary Holidays some years ago. The Hercules Wankel was sold.

post-13899-0-53820500-1384643472_thumb.jpg

post-13899-0-98761200-1384643501_thumb.jpg

Edited by radio

Here I am at work in my lab with a piece of polymer/carbon fiber composite

10895907874_aaa6f3a600_z.jpg

And my favorite hobby, fishing.  As much as I enjoy computer games, time and weather permitting I'd rather be fishing.  The fish in the pic is a channel catfish.

6142793189_990de4c45f_z.jpg

Man your arms didn't rip off trying to reel that Catfish in the boat?

And my favorite hobby, fishing.  As much as I enjoy computer games, time and weather permitting I'd rather be fishing.  The fish in the pic is a channel catfish.

Good catch! I went fishing once. Never caught anything :(