Faces of the flying community!

Rap on his 58th B'day (or Bidet as I am want to call it), feeling okay on the inside after ALL the self-abuse, late nights, 5 children, 8 grandchildren and even a GREAT grandchild...

EDIT: Grandchild NINE was announced this very evening. Due in September...

1795257275_Raponhis58th....thumb.jpg.6d91ebc89d57c1dd4dfb949b52cb53d5.jpg

Oh, and Duster the dog who sleeps!!

Aaaaaah!.thumb.jpg.05435173903eb7a1966b6a6a3f5516cc.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Rap on his 58th B'day

So today is your birthday, mate? Congratulations - I had mine Saturday. 56 and sick at the moment, so no party at all for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

So today is your birthday, mate?

No, my Bidet was in September but thanks anyway mate! Sorry to hear about your ailment but Happy Bidet anyway!! Save up the time being ill and let loose on a decent and irresponsible birthday outburst when you're feeling better is my advice!!

Rap:drinks:

• Thanks 1
On 3/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

With my apologies in advance to anyone who has recently eaten;  The appalling before & after images below document the traumatic, shocking and horrifying effects of aging (and waiting on a PTO module) on an otherwise happy-go-lucky Surf Guitarist and Flight Sim enthusiast.  The serious look on my face in the picture on the right is because I'm trying to figure out if I messed up a chord change (I probably did).  Playing an unfamiliar song with new musicians at an outdoor event that doesn't even have any beer = worst case scenario!  😁

DelQuadGuitarist.jpg

I like Jags. You ever heard a guy called Nels Kline? 

8 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

So today is your birthday, mate? Congratulations - I had mine Saturday. 56 and sick at the moment, so no party at all for me.

Happy birthday! 

I feel your pain, it's my 56th this coming Thursday.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RhumbaAzul said:

I like Jags. You ever heard a guy called Nels Kline? 

Only from what I've read & heard over on the offsetguitars and surfguitar101 forums.  Also saw a video of him going to town on a well-played Jazzmaster.   Definitely a very talented player and well beyond the trad instro surf stuff!  

That being said my personal pick for "Master of the Jag" is Dave Wronski of Slacktone.   🤘

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Upvote 2
On 3/9/2020 at 11:54 AM, cardboard_killer said:

I hate to say it, but this resembles the truth far more than I'd care to admit.

1008-MWBZ-faq-q1.jpg

Selfie with the cat: who put this fat guy underneath me!?!?

IMG_20191119_101437.thumb.jpg.b6a53102b5c3017d8090516bf2a04e8c.jpg

I love that the SP picture has a plane on top of the TV.

Never mind, it's the millennium falcon.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1
On 3/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, Vig said:

What are y'all using to post larger pics?  Hotlink from someplace?  How do you do that?

If you've got the picture on your desktop or somewhere convenient then all you have to do is drag it onto the space below where you're writing, where it says, "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." Easy as that. You can then add it and then doubleclick to edit the size and whatnot...

Rap

;)

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

Life without cats would be boring.. 

This is very true. And especially when one wants to fly and concentrate on the mission etc. they're looking for one's attention - at the very same moment!

Not before and not after, but right now.... those little monsters! ❤️

IMG_20200107_144324550.thumb.jpg.39dc4991f08fccf3b327d74789d7e47a.jpgIMG_20200107_144314792.thumb.jpg.6e17fdfffdad0a29dd1360ccd1dc9e2b.jpg

Good place to relax and funny to observe the nervous bloke in front of the screen doing strange things his arms and legs - does he need medical help, maybe?

IMG-20190512-WA0031.thumb.jpg.178b7aac87b5c819ec60db88c81aaaa1.jpg

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT? Don't even think about it!

• Like 7
On 3/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, -=-THERION said:

This is very true. And especially when one wants to fly and concentrate on the mission etc. they're looking for one's attention - at the very same moment!

Not before and not after, but right now.... those little monsters! ❤️

IMG_20200107_144324550.thumb.jpg.39dc4991f08fccf3b327d74789d7e47a.jpgIMG_20200107_144314792.thumb.jpg.6e17fdfffdad0a29dd1360ccd1dc9e2b.jpg

Good place to relax and funny to observe the nervous bloke in front of the screen doing strange things his arms and legs - does he need medical help, maybe?

IMG-20190512-WA0031.thumb.jpg.178b7aac87b5c819ec60db88c81aaaa1.jpg

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT? Don't even think about it!

Is that Swiss domestic lynx?

Aaaah now i've got nostalgia for Lynx pub in Leysin🍺🥃

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Is that Swiss domestic lynx?

Aaaah now i've got nostalgia for Lynx pub in Leysin🍺🥃

No, sorry, no domestic lynx - Maine Coons. They just celebrated their 4th birthday on the 6th of march... and still growing.

They going to be huge cats.

Yes, Leysin is a very nice and picturesque village, but also quite expensive.

Cheers mate

• Like 1

That little fellow in the cockpit is going to be a monster judging from the size of his feet.  I love Maine Coons.  I had one that never made a sound but could talk with his eyes.  

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Vig said:

That little fellow in the cockpit is going to be a monster judging from the size of his feet.  I love Maine Coons.  I had one that never made a sound but could talk with his eyes.  

Yes, he is already a monster, but sooo sensitive - this guy is really nice, has a very good character and is mostly in a good mood. His sister is a bit different, more temperamental,

but both are most communicative. They "talk" a lot, make comments.

The boy, Bubi, is our Pavarotti! Man, can he sing! Especially when his hungry and can't wait, although I'm standing in the kitchen preparing the food! Sometimes he even sounds

like a seal - I had many cats in my life, but never ever heard this from a cat before!

866089223_IMG-20170209-WA0011(2).thumb.jpg.cc7e71a70e4e9e33e6eacfef3bf745d6.jpg

And the girl is more like a dog. She follows me everywhere, wants to be where I am (yes, flying is some kind of a problem here) and sometimes even retrieves things to play with

her. Lovely...

863298478_IMG-20170327-WA0001(2).thumb.jpg.633df107297a60b90a2074bf7349158a.jpg

Cheerio

• Like 6
On 3/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, -=-THERION said:

Yes, he is. Flying with a kitten is impossible, yes.

Flying in vr with a cat jumping on the lap have made me lawndart a couple of times. Blackout caused by sudden pitch. 
anyway. I just started a company 

In the middle of this total lockdown I spent most of our savings buying a truck. 
Cashed it in no mortgage so my son can start fresh and have his own work. I will be employed as a crane operator for hire when not helping him. 
sure lucky with timing

04360CA2-AD3A-42B6-AEED-A463252E5724.jpeg

8D74F290-5BFA-47D7-87CC-1A2BF4B1571A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Flying in vr with a cat jumping on the lap have made me lawndart a couple of times. Blackout caused by sudden pitch. 
anyway. I just started a company 

In the middle of this total lockdown I spent most of our savings buying a truck. 
Cashed it in no mortgage so my son can start fresh and have his own work. I will be employed as a crane operator for hire when not helping him. 
sure lucky with timing

04360CA2-AD3A-42B6-AEED-A463252E5724.jpeg

8D74F290-5BFA-47D7-87CC-1A2BF4B1571A.jpeg

The timing may not be great, but I still wish you the best of luck with your new business! Hopefully any backlog in construction means lots of work for crane operators.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

The timing may not be great, but I still wish you the best of luck with your new business! Hopefully any backlog in construction means lots of work for crane operators.

Yeah I traveled a lot, getting old fast. My wife health has gone worser having to hold the fort and fight for our daughter with down syndrome human right and living conditions as good as they can be. 
I need to stay home and take care of important stuff. This truck is needed for government started projects to fuel the economy. And I am doing what they ask, they urge people to start small busynesses.  My son is a mathematical genius but got reading and writing difficulties, so he dropped out of school exhausted by the demands of understanding poetry. 
We started this company for him to do, but it looks like its going to be a winner. Already made committing contracts  so all things considered I think we will get to a good spot

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 9
  • 2 weeks later...