325TH_SPEKTRE76

Faces of the flying community!

Yes, Lusekofte, that is a fullsize 190! Christer Bergström, the organiser of the "sitting" told us that the `pit of the 109 is even more cramped! The pilots must have been "size small" to fit in! Wouldn´t think you´d have room in there!:biggrin:

Edited by FlyingH
misspelling!

11 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

look around this thread... BoS players so old...

So....

How old are you might I ask?

1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

So....

How old are you might I ask?

I'am only 38 years old🙃

Spoiler

I on duty, in city hospital, with our old car(now it utilized😥)

MchqNlH.jpg

in our new car

0iOJiMP.jpg

On 8/27/2018 at 12:29 PM, FlyingH said:

Yes, Lusekofte, that is a fullsize 190! Christer Bergström, the organiser of the "sitting" told us that the `pit of the 109 is even more cramped! The pilots must have been "size small" to fit in! Wouldn´t think you´d have room in there!:biggrin:

IMG_0733.thumb.JPG.05d97f16422cebcdda8f65c4fd35cfd0.JPGIMG_0727.thumb.JPG.4f14fbd067369f291a83bc26ace27d79.JPGIMG_0724.thumb.JPG.767bef44ed207e552aea82e33df8f2ee.JPG

i am 6'3", 225#, was not as bad as I thought , granted t-shirt and shorts..

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 8:29 PM, Uufflakke said:

I finally got my first sixshooter.

A Smith & Wesson 17-3 (.22 LR)

On 8/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, LuseKofte said:

I always wanted a revolver while I did pistol shooting, but ended up with an Walter GSP cal 22 and 32. Restrictions of only one caliber and use made me have to choose. Also had a Steyr Competition airgun and a 9 mm Glock, witch I never fired myself. Sold it all due to shoulder problems

Each country has its own rules and regulations. In the Netherlands it is like this: after a one year membership of a shooting club you are allowed to have your own gun but only .22 caliber. The next year you can buy another caliber if you like. With a maximum of 5 guns per person.

So next year it will be a .357 or a 9 mm revolver. Perhaps another S&W or a Ruger. The only disadvantage is the price of ammo though.

• Like 1

Yes prices of ammo is high, but I enjoyed competition shooting so I really did spend only cal 22 in training and a few cal 32 . And a lot of air pellets. Really never got into the bigger guns, never fired my 9 mm Glock before I just sold it

On 8/30/2018 at 1:51 PM, Uufflakke said:

Each country has its own rules and regulations. In the Netherlands it is like this: after a one year membership of a shooting club you are allowed to have your own gun but only .22 caliber. The next year you can buy another caliber if you like. With a maximum of 5 guns per person.

So next year it will be a .357 or a 9 mm revolver. Perhaps another S&W or a Ruger. The only disadvantage is the price of ammo though.

I'd get a .357, you can shoot multiple calibers through it, unless you can only own the exact caliber for the firearm.

Having a fun time with some others on my company's Emergency Response Team. :)

IMG_2783.thumb.JPG.f7b6752c389b169f6c826d32beaba0e7.JPG

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, LuseKofte said:

Is that a full size FW 190 , jeez how small it looks

Yes, it is.

There isn't any space to move your head sideways (which can be VERY claustrophobic if unused to it*), but other airplanes had similar restrictions (so does the Spitfire - Malcolm hood or not).

On the 190, the fuselage tapers outwards a bit below the canopy rail, so your arms are quite comfortable at elbow level.

I once sat in the 190 at Hannover Laatzen.

* Kind of makes you glad the gas won't last much longer than 2h - even with external tanks.

Edited by Bremspropeller

13 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Yes, it is.

There isn't any space to move your head sideways (which can be VERY claustrophobic if unused to it*), but other airplanes had similar restrictions (so does the Spitfire - Malcolm hood or not).

On the 190, the fuselage tapers outwards a bit below the canopy rail, so your arms are quite comfortable at elbow level.

I once sat in the 190 at Hannover Laatzen.

* Kind of makes you glad the gas won't last much longer than 2h - even with external tanks.

Yep, sat in the Laatzen one as well. The 190 has less Shoulder Room than the 109. 

2 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

The 190 has less Shoulder Room than the 109. 

The old IL 2 and this do not give impression of that, I guess I all these years believed the 190 was a huge brute and it was not

On 9/22/2018 at 4:19 AM, Cathal_Brugha said:

Off to work...

I'am interesting, how to work on truck in US, how much salary(min/avg)? If someone not resident how difficult to find such a job in US or Canada and get drive license(convert truck drive license from another country to US)?

2 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

I'am interesting, how to work on truck in US, how much salary(min/avg)? If someone not resident how difficult to find such a job in US or Canada and get drive license(convert truck drive license from another country to US)?

I have no idea about converting a license from another country to a US CDL (Commercial Drivers License). Average truck driver salary for a company driver is about $800 to $1500, usually payed as per mile driven, as 40 to 50 cents per mile. I am an Owner/Operator, meaning I own my truck and have to pay for all fuel, maintenance, insurance and registration,which takes about half of my gross pay, but I also get payed double or more than a company driver, who's truck the company takes care of and pays for. 

i just realized i do look a lot like an ape:

Imagen0589.jpg

Well here's me then....

097.JPG.6b954a27bd341158c9b5dab43e0e8f24.JPG

186773521_TerryT007.thumb.JPG.791e2d914cfd38d578529e3c37241272.JPG

The little guy in the second photo is a 1/12 resin bust, painted by me. He represents my main hobby as I'm not a hardcore "Gamer" but love the combat flight sim genre and other military sim stuff.

So here's a question...... Being new to the forum, how does the combat flight sim/military sim genre fare when it comes to younger people being interested?

I've been building scale models of one kind or another since I was a kid (I'm 57 now) but I find that virtually no youngsters are interested these days. I run a modelling forum and we have just one junior member, with everyone else being late 30's to pensioner range. We often comment on what will happen when we're gone and whether the hobby will die out.

I have two adult sons who are Playstation or X-Box fanatics but it's all the "first person shooter" arcade stuff they like. To them, the idea of using skill, thought, tactics and strategy beyond grabbing the biggest blaster then running around killing everything in sight, is just boring.

Is the whole flight/historical simulation gaming genre a preserve of us older folks or are there youngsters involved too?

• Like 2

richard23,

The model railroading hobby is currently a dead man walking.  We used to have two really good "hobby shops" in our area that were model railroad focused.

Both went out of business as older hobbyists passed on and not enough younger people took their place.   Console based games, and so called "free to play" massive online games are the 800 pound gorillas in the room of electronic gaming... hobbies as we used to know them are a dying thing, why?

No expensive equipment needed, no practice needed, no reading about historical operating procedures needed.  Just open a can of your favorite overly caffeinated "energy" drink and blow some stuff up.

Sad but true.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

richard23,

The model railroading hobby is currently a dead man walking.  We used to have two really good "hobby shops" in our area that were model railroad focused.

Both went out of business as older hobbyists passed on and not enough younger people took their place.   Console based games, and so called "free to play" massive online games are the 800 pound gorillas in the room of electronic gaming... hobbies as we used to know them are a dying thing, why?

No expensive equipment needed, no practice needed, no reading about historical operating procedures needed.  Just open a can of your favorite overly caffeinated "energy" drink and blow some stuff up.

Sad but true.

While I agree about the younger generation not taking up the baton, I feel some of the older (myself) generation who wished/demanded that the industry increase the details and features of the latest models to unheard of levels has to take some responsibility for the decline in sales and interest. The price for locomotives and rolling stock has gone absolutely crazy as of late, with sales taking a major nose dive, evidence being the recent closure of factories in China. I was one of the lucky ones who procured a lot of my stock before the GFC, as many of those manufacturers now cease to exist or have cut their product line to the minimum.

Everything is pre order limited run these days with hobby shops reluctant to stock expensive locomotives without a deposit being laid down by the customer. The customer in turn is reluctant to lay down the deposit without first viewing and running the expensive locomotive, so this becomes a vicious circle.

I model the Union Pacific 1950-58 Wyoming Division which requires broad curves and a big dedicated train room which is another added expense certainly out of reach of the average person with a mortgage and young family these days especially in Australia where you have to take out a second loan just to pay for the power to run your railway empire. I agree, the hobby is on life support at the moment.

Edited by bzc3lk

Well my pictures were deleted so here's another one with some German reenactors a few years ago.1016150_10200940260901406_1913197913_n.jpg.5a04026399545855c930290caac7267e.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

While I agree about the younger generation not taking up the baton, I feel some of the older (myself) generation who wished/demanded that the industry increase the details and features of the latest models to unheard of levels has to take some responsibility for the decline in sales and interest. The price for locomotives and rolling stock has gone absolutely crazy as of late, with sales taking a major nose dive, evidence being the recent closure of factories in China. I was one of the lucky ones who procured a lot of my stock before the GFC, as many of those manufacturers now cease to exist or have cut their product line to the minimum.

Everything is pre order limited run these days with hobby shops reluctant to stock expensive locomotives without a deposit being laid down by the customer. The customer in turn is reluctant to lay down the deposit without first viewing and running the expensive locomotive, so this becomes a vicious circle.

I model the Union Pacific 1950-58 Wyoming Division which requires broad curves and a big dedicated train room which is another added expense certainly out of reach of the average person with a mortgage and young family these days especially in Australia where you have to take out a second loan just to pay for the power to run your railway empire. I agree, the hobby is on life support at the moment.

This is one of the reasons I play train sim, I don't have the space or money for actual layouts.

Whilst I was never into model railroad stuff myself, I certainly agree with the comments about cost for locos and rolling stock. I see them on sale here in UK and it's silly money for off the shelf items.... I knew a guy who built the majority of stuff himself from plans or kits. Even his track was homemade. His costs were still there in his bench tools though and the time he took to build stuff, although the building was 99% of the hobby for him.

What annoys me is when companies see hobbyists as an easy mark and package regular items to have "Hobby", "Model" or "Craft" on the labelling, then hike the price and halve the contents.

While I'm at it, I'll ask a question about the world of home computers.... At the moment, I'm looking around to sort out components for a fairly high end rig. As soon as look on the internet or ring a company direct, one mention of "Gaming" and it's assumed I want more flashing lights than a fairground ride and a case to show the internals. I understand these might be popular with some hardcore gamers but I don't want 'em. I don't care what colour the bits are, as long as they all work but are we being asked to pay extra for colour coded components and wiring for a certain CPU or GPU just because they're aimed at the gaming market?

In Midway carrier Museum  CV41 , in San Diego :

D7DA7057-1F79-406E-997D-DA38559F2327.jpeg

Last Summer 

D62C752F-49D4-455E-A5A5-D7678D967E50.jpeg

With kids 

And 5th Sim :    RAYEU                                                                                             SQUADRON 111

0D79F434-5F84-46D8-97B7-A12AD43826FB.jpeg

Estructure chair with joystick and throttle Can turn , moving legs more than 100° to cheq six for the limit of the VR HTC VIVE PRO of 110° + 100 =~  200 ° of the Future Pimax 5k ,8k .

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Like 1

808C8184-88D6-49E4-BA2D-590897EF1604.thumb.jpeg.4cbf00910deec5d78ba9a31d592d39ce.jpegAnother old fart enjoying retirement! Flying online as player 4489 (or something like that...I forget).

Edited by Mm1ut1
Add info
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 8:51 PM, Uufflakke said:

Get a 357, shoot .38 Spec. A bit cheaper. 357s out a big smile on your face, but in the long term you will just want bearable recoil.

You were absolutely adorable as a newborn, Luke, but who is that doofus holding you?

😁congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Congratulations Luke ,  Very Nice !

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Thanks 1