325TH_SPEKTRE76

Faces of the flying community!

Hey guys I just wanted to see if we can put faces with names.

I'll go first, this was taken for the leadership board where I work.

aka SPEKTRE76

8477915558_10d344b3dd_o.jpg

Edited by Erg./JG54_SPEKTRE
  • Upvote 1

But The faces don´t  not matter.

I have many faces..,,

I have cute face :biggrin:

And I have ugly face :cool:

The most important thing is your soul of warrior :salute:

My face has many  scars of war ... but I'm a warrior!!! 

Whatever, Mustang.

This was me back when I was in the National Guard:

NationalGaurd.jpg

I'm thinking of joining the Guard. I did 15 yrs in the Navy. I need that last four to get my retirement, LOL. Oh by the way I used to live in Glenn Avon and I went to Jarupa Hill Jr. High.

Spektre; what is a "leadership board"?

It's is a big board with pictures of all the managers and where they stand senority in the company. I am not at the top, LOL.

Edited by Erg./JG54_SPEKTRE

Me and my little girls on the milky blue shores of Lake Tekapo, New Zealand, during our recent visit back there. I love the inland parts of the South Island of New Zealand.

post-243-0-60265000-1381553689_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

So that's our Flatty. Cool looking kids there too mate, good stuff. And yeah, a great part of the country where pretty much every bend in the road offers something new.

This thread's going to be really interesting.

By the way anyone, is there a trick to getting inline images to work? I tried via the Image button but just got the broken image icon - and yet the link works.  :huh:

Me when i play with my band some 2 years ago.

See you in the air over Stalingrad!

pq8fid5dpsie0u5fg.jpg

As per the avatar (in a silly moment). I think it was a selfie testing out the camera on the new iPad.

Me and my little girls on the milky blue shores of Lake Tekapo, New Zealand, during our recent visit back there. I love the inland parts of the South Island of New Zealand.

attachicon.gifIMG_845418459001.jpeg

I can see you are going you have boy trouble in a few years.

That's me in my avatar (Photoshopped over Eddie Rickenbacker!).

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking of joining the Guard. I did 15 yrs in the Navy. I need that last four to get my retirement, LOL. Oh by the way I used to live in Glenn Avon and I went to Jarupa Hill Jr. High.

Nice! I drive by there every day going to and from work.

By the way anyone, is there a trick to getting inline images to work? I tried via the Image button but just got the broken image icon - and yet the link works.  :huh:

Use the img /img tags, and it should work. 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1

S!

Well, me and my son this summer on the trampoline. Hair style of mine has NOTHING to do with certain political interest but my work in FiAF. @Eklund. Playing Dimmu at that pic? ;):)

post-539-0-70508800-1381564292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flanker35M

Must be about 7 years ago now, this is me when I was flying for HM Coastguard, taken outside a café in Belgium when I was on a counter pollution exercise operating out of Koksidje airbase.

As per my avatar.  I am a time traveler from 1941.  I was right up behind a Hurricane near Saint Omer in France and, puff!  I was catapulted through time and space.  Its all quite exciting really.

attachicon.gifIMG_845418459001.jpeg

Time flies FSM! ;)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/239966-Don-t-Be-Shy-What-Do-You-Look-Like?s=75b7ca656727254ee4083ab5b626457f&p=1943379&viewfull=1#post1943379

This used to be a cool thread back in the old Ubidays!!! :)  :cool:

By the way, I will look for an image of myself later on.

I like threads like these, adds a human touch, instead of the faceless internet idiots you assume you are dealing with, real people, real lives, interesting stories.

Me (in white overalls) during the restoration of finnish airforce DC-2 "Hanssin-Jukka", 2011.

DC2lentokone12.jpg

• Upvote 2

The photo in this my profile how you can see on the left is me, with a pilot cuff during the rievocation in Anzio ( ITALY) of Allied invasion in Italy

It's is a big board with pictures of all the managers and where they stand senority in the company. I am not at the top, LOL.

Ah.....I understand.  Here's meself in my new guise of a middle-aged fat bastard at Durdle Door on the Dorset coast earlier in the summer. The scowl is due to the photographer (my son) having just asked for another cash loan from the Bank of Dad!

IMG_0610.jpg

Thats Portland Bill in the background.  The sea bed around here is littered with the wreckage of Stukas, 109's and JU88's shot down whilst attacking the naval base in 1940.

@FlatSpin.  Nice picture of you and your two charmers.  I bet time is flying now! 

• Like 1

In for a penny... Me at a photo shoot last winter.

post-197-0-41569100-1381581058_thumb.jpg

Edited by JG4_Uther
  • Upvote 1

Uther; still having fun with the Sealed Knot?  You seem to have joined a unit of Scottish Presbyterian mercenaries! 

Must be about 7 years ago now, this is me when I was flying for HM Coastguard, taken outside a café in Belgium when I was on a counter pollution exercise operating out of Koksidje airbase.

The UK has a coast guard? Never knew.Did you successfully counter that pollution?

Good thread. Always interesting to see each other.

Thanks for the comments. It's such a cliche but they really do just shoot up.

Uther - is that beard real? If so, doesn't the prickliness drive you mad(der)? I find even just a neat goatee can get irritating quick.

Arthursmedley - your newest guise is stunningly convincing. What's the secret - CG or prosthetics?

The UK has a coast guard? Never knew.Did you successfully counter that pollution?

Indeed it does, but not a branch of the military like it is in most other countries, there was no pollution to counter during that period, I'm guessing the skies being constantly patrolled by various European maritime agencies put the offenders off.

Oddly my main duties were search and rescue and surveillance but for some reason we got tasked to this exercise alongside our actual counter pollution aircraft.

Here is the aircraft I was flying and how it looked over the many years it was working the English Channel, now gone due to budget cuts, I left 6 months before the axe fell.