Sign in to follow this  
Juri_JS

Mission menue problem

I have a problem in the mission menue. When I change the title of an existing mission, the name that appears in the mission menue is still the old one. Does anyone know what is causing this?

I am working on an update of my Platzschutzstaffel Pitomnik mission pack and wanted to add a new mission to it. This requires a re-numbering of the existing missions so they appear in the menue in the correct chronological order. Unfortunatly the changed mission names with the new numbers don't show up in the menue.

~S~ Juri,

Hmmm, I checked, and even old naming conventions don't seem to apply here, such as don't use spaces, symbols, etc.

Maybe check if somehow your files have become Read-Only? I'm not having any trouble creating new missions since update.

Perhaps there is a display limit of how many missions you have in your game? I don't know, but numbers precede alphabetical.

I'm sure you know that the Menu name is from Properties in ME, not the file name (which should be saved to the correct folders of BoS).

Bo_S_Mission_Name.jpgBo_S_Missions_Folders.jpg

Edited by Jupp

I've also noticed that problem. There seems to be some sort of mission title cache somewhere that remembers the title of each mission. I don't remember if I tried that, but maybe removing your mission files under data/Missions, starting the game, closing the game, and restoring your mission files might solve that problem?

I've also noticed that problem. There seems to be some sort of mission title cache somewhere that remembers the title of each mission. I don't remember if I tried that, but maybe removing your mission files under data/Missions, starting the game, closing the game, and restoring your mission files might solve that problem?

I have tried it, but it doesn't work. I think you are right, that there is a mission title cache, that saves the mission names the first time they appear in the mission menue.

I had this too. I apologised to my squadron mates that an SP mission still showed up in the launcher menus with its old boring "developer's name", but they all said that when they installed it, it showed up in their games as "Super-Wonder-Mission-01" (or whatever it was). Weird.

[i thought it had gone away, but maybe I just never went back to that particular mission.]

Edited by No601_Swallow

To fix this, change mission file name or remove mission tree cache file at data\mtreecache.

• Upvote 1

I think the easiest solution when I release the next version of my mission pack will be to use another name for the mission folder and ask people to remove the old folder.